Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Knee and tricep surgery  |  show details
by James English on Jun 10th, 2014

Dr Flume is very professional and makes you feel comfortable during a tough time. He is great also during follow up therapy. His colleague Christina is also very professional and answers all your question. I recommend Dr Flume highly

Nov 6th, 2013

My diagnosis and surgery were done superbly. The after care was some what erratic. I had the nurse practitioner and the Physicians assistant. I was given 2 different sets of instructions for physical therapy. It was confusing even after my therapist called to get clarification. When I saw Dr. Fluhme every other visit it was great. Even with this mix up I was very pleased with the outcome

|  Total Hip Replacement  |  show details
by KS on May 3rd, 2013

Dr Fluhme isn't just a pretty face. He's good, caring and professional! Good listener. Office staff & PA's are great. They were very helpful with the many questions I had, especially since I'm young for this surgery (52). He reviewed and explained my x-ray with me and 'suggested' surgery. He said it was up to me when to have it! I never felt forced! He explained the type of hip prosthetic he was going to use. Made me feel at ease about the surgery, even on the day of. I had THR in 12/2012. For me recovery was a long painful process. My fault for being too worried about pain pill addiction (so take pain med as prescribed & don't be afraid to refill!). Dr Fluhme's PA helped me through this. I didn't score lower on the promptness for I feel waiting is worth it since Dr Fluhme/his PAs never made me feel rushed like many other doctors do today. I'd recommend Dr Fluhme! But remember, surgery is only a part of how you turn out. The recovery is up to you and how you follow the recovery guidelines and exercises! Today I feel great and I'm glad I had the surgery! One last comment, my in home PT's opinion of Dr Fluhme was that he's progressive and on top of what's new.

|  Only wants the money  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2013

He is only in it for the money. Was very upset when I just wanted a shot in my knee and not a knee replacement. He said I had bone on bone when another doctor said I am not even close to a replacement.

Feb 27th, 2012

Performed the wrong surgery and ruined my knee!

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

I recommend Dr. Fluhme to everyone.It took me many years to make my mind up to get surgery. I saw Dr. Fluhme about 10 years ago, which back then I needed 2 new knees. He never once tried to persuade me into surgery. All he said was "you'll know when your ready". Well it took me about 10 years, and believe me I was in much pain. I finally went to make my appointment for surgery and he was the kindest, most compassionate Dr. I ever talked to. I set the date, and his work was excellent. Every person on his team is excellent. He took his time with explaining the procedure and all that is involved after surgery. I went back within 2 months and had the second knee done. I was treated with respect and kindness from all the staff. He is such an awesome human being.

Sep 28th, 2011

Love him!He spends as much time as needed with every patient, so he gets behind. But, I don't mind waiting, because I know that he will spend as much time with me as he did with the patients ahead of me. I shopped around for my surgeon, and I am so glad that I choseDr. Derrick Fluhme.

|  Best Dr. in Pittsburgh  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

Dr. Fluhme operated on my knee 2 years ago. I would recommend him to everyone. In fact I referred him to a few of my family members. He is a very kind and a compassionate doctor, who takes time to explain everything in detail that he has to do or can not do. If your're nervous when you go to him, you won't be when you see him because he has a "GREAT" bedside manner and makes you feel very comfortable. He's a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to everyone.

Apr 19th, 2011

only wanted to talk me into having surgery. when I asked for alternative treatments, got visibly upset. have heard this complaint from others as well, he's only interested in the money!

Jul 23rd, 2010

Would recommend him to anyone. Easily to talk to, listens to your questions. Very positive attitude/bedside manner.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2009

Dr. Fluhme has done numerous surgies on me. He is professional and an excellent surgeon. Would recommend him to anyone that is considering surgery.

Jun 6th, 2009

He is an amazing professional in his field.