Dr. Derrick Hines MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 25th, 2016
grandparent, guardian
I have gone through 2 other psychiatrist and Dr. Hines has been a breath of fresh air. As a grandparent in a world of not knowing anything about Autism or other disabilities, I asked questions and he was more than willing to explain. As parents, guardians and grandparents, we have the right and should exercise it to educate ourselves. I do agree that sometimes they take for granted that we know or should have understandings that we don't. So my opinion is ask and for pamphlets or reading material, ask for it. Thanks

September 30th, 2013
very dispointed
so our son is in touchstone and had person working with him and had all the info that we provided about our son and we take him to see Dr Hines and he asked whats going on with him its like OK he should have all that info all-ready say pretty much cant help him come back in 3 months so we come back again and its a 5 min walk in and walk out with Dr Hines tells us nothing again come back in 3 months so we do now we haved more test done with our son and he doesn't even care come back in 3 months again so im writing this cuss he not a Dr. he person that just sits on his butt and collect money from us and our ins so everybody that reads this don't go to him he does not do nothing just waste your time and money he needs to me scratch on the Dr bored.

April 17th, 2013
My child visited Dr Hines recently and I am very sure that the diagnosis he provided my child was accurate. But it would have been nice if he would have spent more time explaining what the diagnosis means for my child and my family and how the treatment plan which was only told to me was medication and how the process works. I am foreign to mental conditions and this was made known to Dr Hines, but I left the office with just as many questions as I came! Not to mention, what type of doctors office does not any brochures, pamphlets, or even informational leaflets regarding different mental conditions. I did not receive any information to take with me to read up on the condition my child was just diagnosed. I was given a website to view, which is not up to date. So, overall he seems to be very educated and may know what he is doing and diagnose completely accurately. Unfortunately, Dr Hines bedside manner needs to be a lot better. You as a medical doctor and health provider are supposed to ease a patients mind, clearly define the path to treatment, and explain everything to your patient and families as though they have no clue what you are stating. Those things I do not feel are Dr Hines's strong points and I would definitely hope he works on because even though he has no children he has to imagine what a person is thinking when he states they have some form of a mental condition and show some emotions.