Dr. Derrick Hurst Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Derrick Hurst?

January 25th, 2016

Wonderful Doctor

Our family also followed Dr. Hurst from a previous office. Dr. Hurst is more of a quiet type person which can come off as uncommunicative but it's just his personal style. Once you have been his patient for awhile you just know he cares about you. His diagnosis is usually spot on and he knows when you need to follow up with more testing. He takes no chances with your health. For a long time my husband I were self pay and he knew it and he would always take the time to research where we could go or pick up my prescriptions for the least amount of money. Our personal opinion is he's an exceptional doctor.

December 1st, 2015

Listens but knows when to say when

Our family actually followed Dr. Hurst to MVMG. I appreciate that he listens to you and works to meet your needs but will stand his ground when he feels it is medically important like a lab test or colonoscopy. He stood his ground and my wife had polyps that left undetected could have become something much more serious. Bottom line: he listens, takes your needs into consideration, he cares but will let you know when it is that important, after all he is the expert.

September 19th, 2012

Dr. Hurst is very uncommunicative. He acted as if he was disinterested in me and in my medical problems. I thought he was impatient, hurried, and he did not even make eye contact with me. i will be searching for a physician with a better bedside manner!

July 30th, 2012

Dr Hurst diagnosed my Hereditary Hemocromotosis which is a serious condition that typically goes underdiagnosed. Wasn't having any obvious symptoms, but without his catching this, I could have developed permanent health problems. Seems like a serious, but nice guy. I've already recommended him to someone and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

April 9th, 2012

Bad Rx

I came to visit to see a doctor about an infection. I was prescribed medicine that has severe side effects of tendonitis, and during my visit, Dr. Hurst never asked anything about my history, which includes ankle issues and carpel tunnel. When I called about the prescription, the office told me to stop and go see my regular doctor, who is still part of the same Strode Family Practice. I just wanted a different antibiotic.

September 5th, 2017