A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Desmond Ikondu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Desmond Ikondu, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Ikondu graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Ikondu has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Doctors Hospital Renaissance - Edinburg
- Edinburg Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ikondu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans