Dr. Devang Savani Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Devang Savani?

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Devang Savani?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2016

About a year ago, I brought my son to the emergency room because he wasn't feeling well. They checked him out and diagnosed he had double pnuemonia. They gave him antibiotics and wanted him to stay in the hospital for a day or two. We received a phone call from the hospital stating he was in ICU with rapid heart beat. This is when Dr Savani became our son's critical care specialist. At first Savani seemed to know what he was doing. His recommendation was intubation. Said it would give the antibiotics a chance to work better. He said a week to ten days. My wife and I went there every day, expecting to see Savani but we didn't see him. When we did see him, we asked how our son was doing and would get an arrogant reply back from him, like we were challenging his doctoring. He had our son paralyzed by week three when he finally removed him off intubation. Six weeks after entering the hospital, our son was pronounced dead. I do blame Savani for this. His bedside manner is horrible and his diagnosis of our son's condition was not the right one. I would not recommend this doctor.

October 16th, 2015

First time going here and the "doctor " was late. Not impressed. I don't think it's right when you spend the time to get ready , drive and your on time for your appointment and the doctor doesn't show up. Very unprofessional

January 31st, 2012

Hospital visit with Dr. Savani horrible experience

I was admittied to Chapman Medical in Orange after having comlication with breathing as a result of bronchitis. I have a history of chemo and radiation therapy which have scarred my lungs which makes me more succeptable to acquire pneumonia and bronchitis. He refused to do a CT scan. Refused to do pulmonary function tests and blamed my problem on smoking andd that I must have copd. All this with no testing and research. He was rude and did NOTHING for me. The reason I'm writing this is because 2 months later my fiance had to call 911 because my oxygen level reached 70 which is life threatening and I couldn't breathe. This time saw a different pulmonary specialist and he did all the tests and resesarch. He asked me if I had Bleomycin in my chemo therapy. I replied yes and said that this drug causes damage to the lungs and along with the radiation, I have fibrosis in my lungs. He nailed it and now I'm on a path for therapy that will allow me to live a normal life. Dr. Savani should not be practicing medicine. He's just in it for a paycheck and doesn't care about his patients at all! Without my second visit with a REAL doctor, who knows how long I'd live. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

April 30th, 2011

Bad

office staff and dr.deserve each other.

October 28th, 2010

Horrendous bedside manner.

I am sure that Dr. Savani is a skilled physician and I don't doubt his medical knowledge. That being said, I don't think I have ever met another doctor with a more horrific bedside manner. He literally yelled at both my Mother and I in the ICU unit where my Father lay dying. He refused to speak to more than one family member and frankly, he should not be practicing until he learns to treat his patients and their families in a more humane and caring manner. My family and I have been through years of hospital care with a gravely ill family member. We have been from USC to Chapman to St Jude's and St Joseph's and have had wonderful and amazingly caring doctors and we feel blessed to have had much of the care that we have received. Dr. Savani was not one of those doctors and made our experience with him painful and unnecessarily unpleasant. No one should ever have to deal with anyone like this when they are the customer and they are dealing with a critically ill loved one. He should be ashamed of his behavior.

September 14th, 2017