Dr. Devanshu Kansara MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 20th, 2016
I read the bad reviews and I just have to mention that his skills are exceptional! At the time I was 63 and needed a complete knee replacement. Have done extensive reseach on the different choices I choose Verilast. The 30 year knee. The first doctor I saw said he would not give me a 30 year knee... I am too old... (and he still workes there) those who have done research know you want to outlive your new knee... After a certain age they won't give you any knee. A sentence to become a cripple. Some of my friends got kneews from different doctors and I have recovered the most. I cannot tell it from my original knee ... Never think or feel different. In fact my muscle tone is better than my normal leg. I would not hesitate to send my loved ones to him!!!

May 15th, 2016
Excellent doctor!! Would recommend to friends and family.

June 24th, 2013
Worth waiting for someone else
It was too easy to get in to see this doctor..I too am the wife of a husband in a lot of pain which is why my husband decided to go with the soonest available surgeon but I strongly believe another surgeon would be worth the wait. Dr kansara thinks it is beneath him to discuss after care, or even stop to listen to other ailments that can lead to a harder recovery. Because of this my husband had to have a revision surgey, still kansara hasn't learned how to treat a patient other than an ATM. He refused to speak to my husband prior to his second surgery as it is we were told "protocol" for the nurses to. Both surgeries he instilled more fear into us right before the surgery rather than focus on anything positive. We had to go to him for the second surgery due to insurance reasons but God forbid a third is needed there is not a chance we will see him again. The "dr." needs extensive training in bed side manner . I let it pass the first time thinking his cockiness let him focus on his work and that is truly what matters, but his work has proven as poor as his bedside manner..count yourself blessed if he doesn't find you worthy of a consult and move on to anyone else.

March 20th, 2012
Hippocratic Oath Means Nothing
My husband's MRI showed a torn meniscus and a large cyst in his knee. He has been in pain for months, and surgery is unavoidable at this point. Dr. Kansara was recommended by a former colleague, an MD. Coincidentally, my husband's pre-op medical was scheduled earlier the morning of his visit to Dr. Kansara. Within 2 hours we had to get him in and out of a clinic in Apple Valley, drive kids to 2 different schools, make a quick appearance at the office and rush over to TriaOrtho in Bloomington. We were 10 mins late, for which we apologized profusely. The receptionist kept us waiting 10 more mins while she was unsuccessfully trying to call Dr. Kansara's nurse to see if he would still see my husband. Then she walked off, came back and said she spoke with Dr. Kansara in person, and he refused to see my husband. The reason - he is a new patient. I guess, in Dr. Kansara's opinion new patients must be in less pain than his already established clientele and didn't deserve attention. The man with limited walking ability better run if he wants to be considered worthy of being in the good Dr.'s presence for a brief moment. I wonder, it being 20 mins into my husband's appointment time, how much time does Dr. Kansara allot for visits? Is it all just a conveyor belt to him?