Oncology Specialist (cancer), Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Alton/Sand Canyon Mob 2
6650 Alton Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92618
949-932-5692
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Saving a life of a loved one  |  show details
by Kimberly on May 10th, 2014

Letting everyone know he is a decent surgeon for your initial hysterectomy/debulking and first line of Chemo. When your cancer returns, get out of Kaiser as quickly as you can. The laws have changed you can leave Kaiser with a pre-existing disease. Dr. Devansu Tewari lied to us, told us things that weren't true about my moms cancer. He put my mom on Hospice and left her to die. Dr. Bristow at UCI ( who is absolutely amazing) did a second debulking surgery and saved my moms life. Don't get confused with the reviews. He has a brother who is a Gynocologic Oncologist Dr. Krishnansu Tewari at UCI who is a part of the Gynocologic Oncology department at UCI. Do your homework/ research!! Second Debulking surgery can add years to your life. Kaiser patients don't have that option. Dr. Devansu Tewari will tell you he does them and that he looses sleep when he has to do them, but Kaiser doesn't allow a secondary debulking surgery. When your cancer comes back they will keep trying different rounds of chemo instead of removing the disease. When nothing responds they wash their hands with you. I don't know how he sleeps at night. 5/9/2014

|  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

Smart, caring, great bedside manner. Took more than enough time to answer my questions. Was always there for me through my surgeries, chemo, and recovery. I thank De. Tewari and his staff for helping me get through a difficult battle in my life. Every visit I am so thankful that he was my doctor. He helped save my life and I have three years remission thanks to him!