Dr. Devendra Wadwekar MD Patient Reviews

• 10 reviews

August 6th, 2015
HIPAA RED FLAGS!!!
Was referred by my PCP after they found lump in my throat at a checkup. Dr. W. walked in and asked me why I was there (didn't he read the chart to see I was referred?). When I sat on the exam table for him to check my throat, he took a phone call on his cellphone 2 ft away from me!! My husband & I heard patient name & diagnosis!!! HIPAA RED FLAGS!!!! I came back a month later for a FNA. After taking 2 Vicodin and a hydrocodone (to relax me...MAJOR needlephobia!), while I was laying on the table, ready for the procedure, he decides to NOT do the FNA and tells me come back to recheck in 6 months!! (And he never indicated to insurance that the FNA was never done! This has messed up my application for Life Insurance 3 years later!). I went back 6 months later and the initial lump had grown and I now had a 2nd lump...and he just said to come back every 12 months!! NEVER did the FNA!! I never went back!! And now they don't ever answer the phone....you have to leave a message for them to call back sometime within 48 hours!! Ridiculous!!

May 12th, 2015
Such a blessing to have this Dr.

April 23rd, 2014
Not Impressed, Rude, Unprepared
On my first visit, he walked in totally unprepared. Asked me why I was there. Obviously never read all the forms I filled out or the documents I sent him. Never examined me. He could of at least listened to my heart, check my feet for neuropathy, felt my thyroid for swelling etc. But he did absolutely nothing. I left very upset.

April 5th, 2013
I was pleased with the overall professionalism in the ease of appointment, minimal wait and time and excellent bedside manners.

April 1st, 2013
Massive billing error
They typed in out address incorrectly. After insurance was processed and our bill was returned, they never called us. There is a time lag between when you visit and are billed if you have insurance. This time lag makes it less likely a patient will realize bill was not received. If there is an issue, normal people would call. They turned the bill into collection and reported to credit bureau with no attempt to phone us even though they had the phone number. Finally collection company called. The records showed mail returned, no contact. We called the doctor's office, no apology or concern was offered. No matter how good a doctor you are, if you have bad office procedures and affect the patients credit due to your mistakes and lack of followup, it is not a place we want to utilize.

February 14th, 2013
Awesome
Was able to get in within 1-2 weeks, unlike other offices I called that had a 3 month wait time, excellent physician, spends time and listens.

February 13th, 2013
patient treated by him in Iowa
Dr. Wadwekar was thorough and interested to find out the reason for my illness.

January 26th, 2013
Sir
Rude, crude, and unprofessional. Asked him to please leave hospital room and he threatened to call security on me.

July 30th, 2012
Excellent physician

July 23rd, 2012
Waited one hour+ to be seen. Initial visit failed my expectations when compared to other Endocrinology Physicians. Very unprofessional. None thorough exam & very limited time. Failed to call in my Thyroid meds after blood draw results, as verified by Pharmacy. Would NOT go back. Would not recommend to anyone!! Waste of my time!!!