Pediatrician

1900 11th Ave
Ste A
Columbus, GA 31901
706-323-3400
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Positivie Pediatric Experience  |  show details
by Watts on Apr 10th, 2014

Dr. Alappan visited the hospital upon my 1st child's birth, to introduce herself. Her manner is mild and she is knowledgeable. She's ALWAYS available, yet in her rare absence there has been a well-equipped caretaker in her place. She's good about referring to other good care if it's something she's not equipped for. My 1st child, 2001, was pretty mild and cooperative, but my 2nd child, 2008, was a screamer. :-) However, we never felt like she was shunned. Patience was certainly shown. Both children are usually with us at visits and we've never felt uninvited. We're thankful for our positive pediatric experience!...On our way today, may have an eye infection on our hands!... Upon reading some reviews, thought I'd share mine.

|  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

We have been going to Dr. Alappan for 8 years. She began taking care of my youngest child before she was even born by asking about her during my pregnancy. She is very caring and knowledgable. If a health situation requires specialized care she is willing to refer out to a specialist. Her office staff have been the same people since we have been going to her office. She never double or triple books patients. A previous reviewer said her office didn't have a well and sick side - that is not accurate. She has a glass enclosed sick waiting room separate from the well waiting room. Believe me, we been there many times with two children over 8 years. She has a small practice which allows her to get to know the families that come to her.

|  COLD AND UNCARING  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

I cannot stress how horrible our first meeting was with this doctor. She is rude, uncaring and controlling. She actually told us that SHE is very particular about whom she chooses to accept as her patients. She has zero bedside manner and never smiles or even acknowledges our newborn except to examine her as though she were an object. Her office rules are ridiculous and petty. NOT a pleasant environment for any child. Her manner seems to be "her way or the highway," and we chose the latter!

|  Horible Doctor  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2010

Being new to the area, I had no choice but to transfer my children's care from out of state. I came on this website to read reviews and found Dr. Alappan's to be satisfactory. However, our first and only office visit was a nightmare to say the least! This was a well child visit. Upon entering the office, I noticed that there were no spearate "sick" and "well" waiting rooms, which all modern offices do. Then, on the waiver I had to sign as a parent, I had to approve certain aspects of an office visit that were totally out of line. They wanted the rules to be such things as: No siblings allowed at appointments, no more than two adults at appointments, no yelling in the facility, no spanking in the facility, you cannot put DIAPERS in the trash at the facility, and the list continued. What PEDIATRICIAN doesn't let parents place DIAPERS in the trash. They stated it was for OSHA regulations, but OSHA has no such restrictions. Then, when my child started screaming from being cold and alone on the table (he was a newborn!) Dr. Alappan placed the stethoscope into her ears and said to me, "Get him to stop crying." Then it came time for his immunizations and I wouldn't let them give the rotavirus vacc. and she tried to undermine me the whole time. Then she said that we should wean the baby off of reflux meds. Um, no, you're not. But she wouldn't write me a new RX for the meds, nor would she discuss anything about it except that he didn't need them. Keep in mind that this was the first time she'd EVER seen him. I was completely offended and will tell everyone I know not to go to this practice, nor this so called "doctor". Very unprofessional! Stay far away from her!

|  The best doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 12th, 2006 on insiderpages.com

Dr Alappan Is the best Doctor I ever met.She is warm and caring. Anytime I need to bring my kids in she always said ok and I never have a lo...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com