Dr. Devinder Gandhi MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Glendale, CA

3.9

July 13th, 2016
Anyone but this doctor
Dr. Gandhi was abrupt and would not listen to my concerns. He made an incorrect diagnosis and I ended up switching doctors.

April 16th, 2010
Excellent Diagnostic Skills and Patient Concern
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr Gandhi. His concern for patient well being is outstanding and his ability to diagnose, prescribe and treat the patient is professional and skilled. I take great comfort knowing Dr Gandhi is my mother and my doctor when we have to seek help with our health. I would recommend Dr Gandhi to anyone.

July 20th, 2009
Get another hospitalist
Overall Rating of this doctor - if there was a negative rating I would do it. This doctor has a very large practice - he was selected by the hospital as my Mom's hospitalist. He runs the practice through Physician Assistants and does not see the patient often, just signing off on charts. The hospitals don't question the way he runs his practice because it brings in many patients in a high-volume way. My Mother had growing and eventually life-threatening clinical symptoms over a period of two weeks while in rehab. I could not get him to come to the bedside until I had a doctor outside the hospital threaten to transfer the patient. HE NEVER RETURNS PHONE CALLS. DIDN'T RETURN PHYSICIAN'S FOR 24-HOURS. He was about to release her from rehab without signing off on the growing clinical symptoms. She was in jeopardy of going into cardiac arrest with cardiac tachycardia and aryhthmia--severe anmeia and pneumonia in rehab that went unmonitored and untreated for 1-2 weeks. Also had broken vertebrae, perhaps caused while in rehab, and was being forced to do excercises before they realized the amount of pain and that she couldn't continue. This went on for over two weeks before I insisted on transfer. She was rushed into cardiac telemetry and eventually caused congestive heart failure. While in the cardiac unit, he did not manage her care, again deferring to PAs, one was aggressive but not well-qualified to make decisions on Mom's condition. He also did not coordinate his care with other doctors and prescribed medication that caused fluid build up while the cardiologist was trying to get rid of the edemna and fluid build-up. Her condition continued to decline until she eventually went to respiratory arrest and her organs such as kidneys started to fail. She was rushed to IC. I fired him and asked for an IC-specialist. However, after she left ICU, he "examined" her one-day. The nurses were alarmed. His behavior was not only unprofessional but unethical. I would not recommend this doctor and would say that his way of running his practice is not conducive to dealing with patients with growing symptoms...he loves to bill...for his time, his PA time and then discharge without proper review. This is not practicing medicine. This is a scam. P.S. My Mom eventually passed away from the impact on her heart and lungs from the incident with Dr. Gandhi.