Dr. Devron Char MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 8th, 2015
Knowledgeable, personable, has kept me alive for 9 years
A patient could not wish to be put in better hands when facing a possible terminal cancer of the eye

May 4th, 2015
Very crowded waiting room and small.

January 28th, 2015
My experience with Dr. Char
Super specialist in eye lymphomas. The best. His office is filled with his published books and articles on eye cancer detection and treatment. His patients in the waiting room are from all over the world. Total peace of mind when under his care.

January 28th, 2015
Dr. Devron Char is very thorough and is current with the latest research/treatment options for patients. This is what I witnessed as he dealt with my case.

January 23rd, 2015
Dr. Char and his staff came in on his day off to see me the first time. We couldn't believe it, and are very appreciative. I would highly recommend him.

January 23rd, 2015

August 24th, 2012
Professional and efficient
Dr Char and his staff answered all my questions and confirmed with me more than once that my question was answered so I do not feel I was short changed in any way. But you have to ask the questions as they were not mind readers.

January 3rd, 2012
Overblown reputation
Staff was very poor at organizing and facilitating office workflow. Only place to wait was a tile floor in the hall. Obviously schedules too many appointments to handle efficiently. Seemed to be knowledgeable of specialty, but only goes so far in today's healthcare industry.

December 22nd, 2009
Deficiencies
Dr. Char is faulted for failing to obtain earlier tests and reports done on the problem by similarly qualified persons, in order to obtain an idea on the history in time, whether the ocular mass has grown or not. Lack of growth is a valuable indication that it is not a run away tumor. - I regret his rushing me into a decision and having him do a biopsy, which resulted in badly blurred vision which did not clear up as he predicted. - He failed to answer specific questions that were posed between the examination and surgery. - Dr. Char impresses me as fairly arrogant about anybody else's diagnosis or opinion. - Anyone who does not look at the history of the problem and makes a spot diagnosis only on his own view is not a conscientious diagnostician.Tumori is listed as a "research" organization, but does not operate as one.

December 11th, 2009
Diagnosis Problems - Failed to use available information
Though he requested release of previous examinations elsewhere, which would have documented changes in the ocular mass, he failed to do so. On the basis of his own opinion and diagnosis, ignoring all other information, he rushed me into a an operation 2 days later. I had considerable misgivings, but let myself be influenced by my family and the referring ophthalmologist. - It turned out that my problem was benign and the operation could/should have been avoided. It left me with very poor eyesight in the affected eye, which certainly did not recover the pre-operation quality of vision. Th eye cannot read print, can only see shapes of intermediate and distant objects. No attempt was made to discover whether the mass had grown or not in the past 4 months, though the data were available for inspection. I have been told that masses that do not grow are rarely malignant. - I had stated that if I had 2 to 4 years, I would prefer to do nothing. There had been no response to that and other specific questions the day before the operation. As a second opinion, he was a mistake.