Devron Char Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Devron Char?

Saved my vision

Posted on September 30th, 2017

It's been awhile since he treated me for Graves Disease but I credit him for saving my eyesight he performed surgery on both of my eyes when I was losing my vision.

Knowledgeable, personable, has kept me alive for 9 years

Posted on May 8th, 2015

A patient could not wish to be put in better hands when facing a possible terminal cancer of the eye

Posted on May 4th, 2015

Very crowded waiting room and small.

My experience with Dr. Char

Posted on January 29th, 2015

Super specialist in eye lymphomas. The best. His office is filled with his published books and articles on eye cancer detection and treatment. His patients in the waiting room are from all over the world. Total peace of mind when under his care.

Posted on January 29th, 2015

Dr. Devron Char is very thorough and is current with the latest research/treatment options for patients. This is what I witnessed as he dealt with my case.

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

Dr. Char and his staff came in on his day off to see me the first time. We couldn't believe it, and are very appreciative. I would highly recommend him.

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

Professional and efficient

Posted on August 25th, 2012

Dr Char and his staff answered all my questions and confirmed with me more than once that my question was answered so I do not feel I was short changed in any way. But you have to ask the questions as they were not mind readers.

Overblown reputation

Posted on January 3rd, 2012

Staff was very poor at organizing and facilitating office workflow. Only place to wait was a tile floor in the hall. Obviously schedules too many appointments to handle efficiently. Seemed to be knowledgeable of specialty, but only goes so far in today's healthcare industry.

Deficiencies

Posted on December 22nd, 2009

Dr. Char is faulted for failing to obtain earlier tests and reports done on the problem by similarly qualified persons, in order to obtain an idea on the history in time, whether the ocular mass has grown or not. Lack of growth is a valuable indication that it is not a run away tumor. - I regret his rushing me into a decision and having him do a biopsy, which resulted in badly blurred vision which did not clear up as he predicted. - He failed to answer specific questions that were posed between the examination and surgery. - Dr. Char impresses me as fairly arrogant about anybody else's diagnosis or opinion. - Anyone who does not look at the history of the problem and makes a spot diagnosis only on his own view is not a conscientious diagnostician.Tumori is listed as a "research" organization, but does not operate as one.

Diagnosis Problems - Failed to use available information

Posted on December 11th, 2009

Though he requested release of previous examinations elsewhere, which would have documented changes in the ocular mass, he failed to do so. On the basis of his own opinion and diagnosis, ignoring all other information, he rushed me into a an operation 2 days later. I had considerable misgivings, but let myself be influenced by my family and the referring ophthalmologist. - It turned out that my problem was benign and the operation could/should have been avoided. It left me with very poor eyesight in the affected eye, which certainly did not recover the pre-operation quality of vision. Th eye cannot read print, can only see shapes of intermediate and distant objects. No attempt was made to discover whether the mass had grown or not in the past 4 months, though the data were available for inspection. I have been told that masses that do not grow are rarely malignant. - I had stated that if I had 2 to 4 years, I would prefer to do nothing. There had been no response to that and other specific questions the day before the operation. As a second opinion, he was a mistake.

Posted on August 23rd, 2017