A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dewey McWhirter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dewey McWhirter, Sleep Medicine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McWhirter
Migraines Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about migranes, a neurological disorder that causes tension headaches and nausea.Before Visiting Dr. McWhirter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dewey McWhirter, MD is board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Night Terrors
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Education & Awards
Dr. McWhirter graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. McWhirter has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Medical Center, Inc
- University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dewey Young McWhirter MD is a male Neurologist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Neurology and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Dewey Y. McWhirter practice?
- Dr. Dewey McWhirter has 1 office location.
Dr. Dewey McWhirter practices Neurology and Sleep Medicine near Sevierville, TN.
See Sevierville Neurologists and Sevierville Sleep Medicine Doctors.