A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dewey McWhirter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dewey McWhirter, Sleep Medicine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McWhirter
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. McWhirter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dewey McWhirter, MD is board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Night Terrors
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Education & Awards
Dr. McWhirter graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. McWhirter has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Medical Center, Inc
- University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dewey Young McWhirter MD is a male Neurologist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Neurology and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Dewey Y. McWhirter practice?
- Dr. Dewey McWhirter has 1 office location.
Dr. Dewey McWhirter practices Neurology and Sleep Medicine near Sevierville, TN.
See Sevierville Neurologists and Sevierville Psychiatrists.