Dr. Dexter Arrington Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dexter Arrington?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Dexter Arrington?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 18th, 2016

Very knowledgeable,thorough and honest. Excellent bedside manner!

February 17th, 2016

I'm still waiting for results. Its been over a month and I have left messages several times. This has happened to me several times on top of losing results of tests

May 14th, 2015

Dr. Arrington is extremely caring, understanding, comforting, approachable, and an overall exceptional physician.

July 29th, 2013

Nice doctor, terrible nurse

I was able to get in to see Dr. Arrington with short notice. He was nice, and my exam was completed within a short amount of time. I have a serious issue with his nurse. She called me several days after my visit in the middle of my workday to inform that a blood test came back positive for genital herpes. She didn't even ask if it was a good time to talk. I was in the middle of my office suite, surrounded by people, on my cell phone. I excused myself from coworkers, stepped into a conference room and said that I had never exhibited symptoms, this was never flagged in any of my previous annual gyno exams, was there any way we could repeat the test, or take a different test to confirm the diagnosis. She insisted that I had herpes, that I didn't need a second test, and that I needed to come in to talk to Dr. Arrington and begin suppressive medication immediately. I again said that I've never exhibited any herpes symptoms so why would a lifetime of suppresive medication be necessary, and that I would like to take a second test. She insisted that a second test was not necessary, that I was making this into a bigger deal than it needed to be, that I need to make a follow up appointment with Dr. Arrington, and I could ask him all of my questions during that appointment. I'm glad I kept my wits about me, stood my ground, and made an appointment with another doctor, took a second more sensitive test which I had to pay out of pocket for to confirm without a doubt that I do not have herpes. Guess what, that second test came back NEGATIVE for genital herpes. My sexual/reproductive health is a big deal to me. To have a nurse dismiss my shock and tell me a second test wasn't necessary blew my mind. Someone needs to work on their bedside manner. I wonder how many other women have gotten a similar phone call in the middle of their workday, but didn't have the thought to ask for a second test? How many women are popping Valtrex for the rest of their lives for no reason? How many relationships have been ruined with a misdiagnosis?

May 29th, 2012

Before and After my surgery

August 26th, 2009

Dr. Arrington was not my original doctor at the practice but after being diagnosed with gestational diabetes and showing symptoms of preclampsia, he took over my case. He has been very attentive and has watched me like a "hawk" for the past 6 weeks. He is a very caring doctor and even though I have some issues with a particular nurse in the office, I will continue to see Dr. Arrington.

February 13th, 2017