Dr. Dexter Turnquest Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dexter Turnquest?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Dexter Turnquest?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 17th, 2016

I have been a patient twice and am happy with my services. However, after a recent issue with a referral, I have found that the office manager Tanya and Raven are not as knowledgeable and or courteous! They have made an experience very upsetting for a referral patient at which I had to get involved regarding copays, deductables, and insurance rules for her policy. Instead of admitting that they were wrong, they are people that become argumentative, defensive, unapologetic and rude regarding misinformation. Patient or customer service should be a priority and it wasnt the case in this scenario. I provided feedback as to where improvements could be made for a positive experience as well has remaining professional so that at the end of the conversation one can feel that their care and experience was the priority. Instead, choosing to become defensive and argumentative leaves me with a negative experience regarding patient referrals. People are reduced to those who can pay/ have the bariatric rider in their plan or those that are cash patients and it was just an over all negative experience. Knowledge of your insurance plan and insurance rules is the first thing a patient should do before contacting them. Attending the seminar regarding surgeries and services is the next thing that should be done so that you can know and feel comfortable regarding the visit. If you have or feel that something is off question it. You cannot be harmed in any way for making sure that based on your insurance that you are asking all approriate service questions and insurance questions.

February 19th, 2016

Wonderful, compassionate Doctor!

Dr. Turnquest USA rare find! Compassionate with a wonderful bedside manner! Performed my husbands surgery with ease and left me feeling that he was in safe hands!

January 28th, 2016

Dr. Turnquest has a great bedside manner. He comes in smiling and leaves smiling. He took the time to talk with me about the sleeve procedure and didn't rush the visit like other doctors usually do. Staff seems very nice and are helpful.

October 21st, 2015

Excellent physician!

Great surgeon who makes you feel like you can trust him with your life! He's great and I give him and his staff an A++.

March 8th, 2015

Dr. Turnquist know what he doing very timely and has excellent bedside manners I highly recommend him.

July 16th, 2014

Easy to talk to and positive doctor.

September 24th, 2013

very bad follow up

They were really quick to get me in for weight loss surgery. Afterwards, i went back to work quickly. About 6 weeks in i began having some complications and dr. Turnquest's office refused to fill out my fmla paperwork so that i could get through the issue. My job will not give me time to go to the doctor office without fmla paperwork so here i am months later still suffering the same issue. I am very dissapointed with the follow up. Its as if they dont care because they got paid for the surgery already.

September 24th, 2013

patient

A very honest physician who is very good as a surgeon. Before selecting any surgeon I must know that he has done this procedure for many years and knows what to expect from the unexpected. Dr Turnquest was that physician for me. Go see him, talk to him, be honest and ask all your questions. He saved my life.

October 17th, 2012

bariatric surgery

He is a nice and informative doctor. He answered all my questions and listened to me. His staff was a little slow getting my authorization for surgery but they always answered my questions and called me back. I have full confidence in Dr. Turnquest and I would recommend him to family and friends.

May 7th, 2012

Great doctor and they give free seminars, however, they do not tell you that you will be billed for seeing the doctor after the seminar. I received a bill and was told it was for the consult. They never stated you would be billed for the consult. Because he is an awesome doctor, I do not mind paying the bill. His staff just needs to make sure they educate patients so they will know they will get billed for speaking to the doctor.

September 28th, 2011

Poor Staff

Made an appointment with Dr. Turnquest, I was given a date three months later. When that date came it was cancelled and another date was set. His office knew and did not disclose to me that my insurance would not pay until I had a 6 month orientation. Instead of disclosing this to me prior to my appointment, they instead had me come in, charge me $50 and god knows I much they charged my insurance company for the visit. The office visit was nothing more than a sales call or a pitch for their services, something I didn't feel I should have been charged a co-pay for. I called the office to complain and was told that this was like any other dr. office visit. I disagreed and reminded them that they didn't even check my blood pressure, pulse or perform any other procedure that a doctor does on a regular visit.I was very dissatisfied with this Doctors front office tactics and procedures.

July 26th, 2017