Dr. Dhammika Ekanayake MD Patient Reviews

February 26th, 2015
Great office staff. Doctor will spend time to answer any questions you have. Does not push unnecessary medications on you. Best of all, when you have an appointment, you are seen right away. No waiting around for hours. I'm in and out of his office in 30 minutes most visits.

December 29th, 2014
Rude at best. Incompetent at worst. Stay away
This man answered TWO personal cell phone calls while delivering a cancer diagnosis to my mother! Then told her the wrong type of cancer and recommended NO treatment "because she is 80" despite the correct cancer that she has is 70 percent curable with surgery. Unbelievably incompetent medical practice.

September 22nd, 2014
EX PATIENT
He doesn't give a crap about his patients. Doesn't want to give referrals to see a specialist. All about saving the almighty buck. In & out of the examining room in a few minutes. Only spends a couple minutes with you. Waiting room always, always empty.

February 8th, 2013
AMAZING DOCTOR and STAFF
He's an amazing doctor. He listen and gives positive feedback to me. He addresses all of my concerns and answers all of my questions. I like the fact that if I go to the hospital he will come and see me. His staff is OUTSTANDING, HUMBLE, CARING AND VERY RESPECTFUL!!! They're very helpful and prompt to make sure that all of my needs have been met and/or are taken care of. I would recommend this doctor to anyone and everyone!

October 5th, 2012
Dr. Ekanayake is a caring, compasionate Dr. with excellent bedside manners. I visited his office twice and feel he spent as much time as necessary to understand my problems. I was never rushed nor made to feel like just a number. I highly recommend this Dr. who sincerely cares about his patients.

July 2nd, 2012
I like this doctor
Recently assigned to me as my primary by my insurance (Humana). So far 3 visits to his office. Very satisfied. Addressed all my concerns. I also hear that he is a very good at Oak Hill hospital where he sees most of the patients. I will stay with him.

September 20th, 2011
oak hill hospital patient
this doctor caused insurance problems, due to wrong medical information given. He just didn't care, hardly spoke with me, except to ask me if we wanted him as our primary care doctoe, when we left the hospital. He gave us no medical advise, never asked how i was feeling.

November 6th, 2010
Great guy. I like his approach to my issues. My wife is also switching to him soon. My mom is also his patient and she loves him as he is one of the only few in his group that will come to see you at Oak Hill Hospital.

September 17th, 2010
This doctor is rude and acts like you don't matter.