Dr. Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy MD Patient Reviews

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Kansas City, KS

• Good
  • Bad

June 4th, 2017
This Doctor is a horrible doctor please see the case filed against him with the Kansas State Medical Board of Healing Arts.
I was referred to Dr. Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy because of a small problem I had endured when a vagel nerve had been touched. H gave me very poor advice, after a few tests. I found him to be very uncaring, unconcerned about my health and attempted force me to have a pacemaker when I actually did not need one. His license to practice should be snatched from him immediately.

April 2nd, 2017
His outstanding reviews are why we choose him but.....
His outstanding reviews are why we selected Dr. Lakkireddy . We decided to get a second opinion with Dr. Lakkireddy and he was certain it was aflutter not afib and that an ablation would most certainly cure my husbands problem and get him off medications. So my husband jumped at the chance to get this fixed. However after the ablation Dr. Lakkireddy stressed his heart to see if it took and he went into Afib this time and had to be shocked back into rythm. the doctor sent out another doctor to the waiting room to get my permission (his wife) to implant a monitor in his chest i said ok. The doctor said he made a mistake that it wasn't Aflutter but Afib and will have to do another surgery in 4 mos. The doctors bedside manor was wonderful and said he and my husband would be in close contact for the next month. That was a month and a half ago and that was the last time we heard from him. He had a great nurse named Steve that talked to us before the surgery and we haven't been able to talk to him again either even after leaving him a message to call us. I think that is unethical isn't it. But we did get stuck with the doctors nurse that is rude, lacking in knowledge and very arrogant and pushy. I called them once to see if my husband should change medicines because metoprolol didn't seem to be working that well she called me back and when I ask her if she would ask the doctor about that she said he won't do it because he likes metoprolol, and when i ask if she would ask him anyway she hung up on me. The next week my husband had an episode of afib so he pushed the send button on the monitor, as it doesn't send it to their office like they said it would unless you do that, anyway she called him back and told him to take 2 metoprolol which lowered my husbands blood pressure to 54/44 and he almost fainted ( I wasn't home) then she called and told him she called in another medication to control that medication. we have stopped talking to her. we are back to taking his blood pressure and Heart rate ourself and when he starts into afib he takes a pill which is once a day or every other day. we are looking for another doctor which now scares us to think what we might find next. Among all the glowing reviews are we the only ones that had a problem with this office?

April 9th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Lakkireddy's for 7 years now. He treated my a fib, succesfully, and I am scheduled to have a pace maker implanted on Monday. He has been very professional, and straight forward. He is a compassionate doctor, and I am glad I have him as my cardiologist.

February 1st, 2016
Exceptional human being with great hands and heart
Dr. Lakkireddy is truly exceptional. He spends all the time you need during all of his visits. He is obviously very much sought for his expertise. So Keep your timing expectations low. He still is better than a lot of physicians in his wait times. His ability to assess the problem and getting to the bottom of it is truly amazing. He looks at diseases in a very comprehensive fashion. He initially saw me for an arrhythmia and heart failure. He quickly figured out that my real problem was an immunologic problem. He lined up all the appropriate specialist and got me fixed up under 3 months.

April 12th, 2015
Academic excellence with superb skills and compassion
this is a fantastic doctor. I have recently relocated from the Boston area where you have the expertise of big medical centers. However, I was very pleasantly surprised to see the doctors here are no less academic. Dr. Lakkireddy is at the leading edge of science and has a prolific academic profile. I had my AF ablation by him and a year later I am still ticking right with no blood thinners and yucky rhythm medicines. three cheers to him.

November 15th, 2014
Still Alive
The best recommendation I can give is, "I am still alive, and the quality of life is good". This is due to the Dr.'s care and expertise.

January 22nd, 2014
Frontiersman with a compassionate heart
We had a great experience with dr. Lakkireddy . He did the Lariat appendage ligation followed by AF ablation. Lot of EPs turned me down but this doctor had a logical way of approaching my case. He is at the cutting edge of arrhythmia science and is wonderful to have him here. His brand of innovative technology and compassionate care is very unique. He changed our live. Thanks to him.

August 19th, 2013
providing world class care in the heart of america
I have a complex cardiac rhythm issue that has limited my life. I had seen several physicians and finally met Dr.L. he fixed me up for good

June 29th, 2013
He is a phenomenal physician. One of his kind

May 18th, 2013
Man on a mission!
Being a health care professional I am very well plugged into the nuances of health care delivery. I have a long standing history of atrial arrhythmias. two attempted ablations elsewhere and without success. I have been on antiarrhythmic drugs and life was miserable. Finally I heard of this physician who took care of a couple of my friends who thought of the world of him. I have never seen a physician who can explain the entire physiology of atrial arrhythmias so well and on top of it write upside down so that he can see you straight in the eye as he talking. My arrhythmia ended being an atrial tachycardia coming from one of the pulmonary veins and not really AF. My life has transformed. this is truly a Man on the Mission to fix arrhythmias. Bravo Dr. Lakkireddy!!!

October 12th, 2012
Very professional and caring. Listens to what you have to say. He has helped me tremendously. I definitely would recommend him to anyone with heart rythem problems. You will not be disappointed.

September 25th, 2012
Superb physician and human being
My husband after running around for 2 years finally met up with Dr. Lakkireddy who diagnosed him cardiomyopathy and provided him with exceptional care and some of the frontier therapies that are still under research. He kept him alive over the last three years and finally got him on the transplant list. We are ever indebted to this physician.LM