Dr. Dhruv Shah MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

August 8th, 2017
No respect for your time or discomfort
More concerned about covering his rear from government oversight than treating severe pain of valid, long-standing patients. Priority is number of billable appointments they can get through in a day. Average wait (late" time in 45 minutes after appointment time. Never received an apology or even acknowledgement. No regard for patients' time. Only a Pain Practice could get away with this patient disregard and still have people waiting in line. If you mention more or stronger meds, you'll likely get "find another doctor".

August 4th, 2017
My review
Been going to DR Dhruv Shah for about 7 years. As with anything, you get used to the routine. I wish I didn't need pain Mgmt. The dr did find that I needed surgery when I first started and it helped greatly. On June 2, 2017 the employee with the name starting with Ch...ti...ne that handles the urine checks stole money from my purse while I was in restroom. A significant amount of my food and medical money. Filed police report. Not one time did I hear from the doctor, no apology, no help, nothing. So ladies keep purses closed and with you at all times.

July 18th, 2016
I have had very good experience with this office and staff. I love Dr. Shah. He listens to me and understands my pain.

August 15th, 2015
I went to Dr Shah & he had my records & recent MRI results, I fractured 3 vertebra, & have DD from T12-S1 with every disc bulging, herniated, and multiple sites with bi-lateral stenosis. He took 5 minutes & said I should't be in pain as I only had a little mild arthritis He then said I had 2 weeks to decide on surgery or drug rehab. I fired him & had to get the office notes for a referral, after going back to sign the release, he called me at 7 PM & said it would take several weeks because the records were off site. After a month the new Dr said they still hadn't received the records & I had to threaten legal action to get them. He's definitely an arrogant inconsiderate, incompetent Dr.

April 8th, 2014
I adore this doctor! I would have virtually no quality of life without him!!! He is worth the wait!! While he is forced to follow insurance protocol, which is sad but not his fault, the end result was life-changing for me!! And I wouldn't want any spinal procedures done on me by anyone else!! His surgical education and skills are uniquely the best!! God bless you, Dr. Shah for all the help and pain relief you have given me!!!!! I would highly recommend you to anyone dealing with chronic pain issues!!!!

November 2nd, 2013
Horrible!
My first and last time to this Dr!! I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours, IN HORRIBLE PAIN due to the uncomfortable chairs. The last post here tells it all. This DR sucks! So worried about what he may or may not get in trouble for!? I have all documentations stating my condition(s) If your doing your job correct and I'm a legit person in chronic pain what the heck are you so worried about? The long form I had to fill out, I (HONESTLY) stated my last Dr. all the meds I have been on, past and present. I'm NOT DR or pharmacy shopping-the DR made sure of that since he gets a print out of everything you've done, where and whom you've seen. So, why was I grilled, it was right there on the form? I want to have a REAL Dr that is concerned about my chronic pain, not someone that just sits there on his computer shaking his head yes. Waste of my time, gas and money! It's not my problem this DR maybe having a bad day. I shouldn't have to accommodate his mood. Be professional. BTW, The staff-girls in the office are great! One exception, the heavy set lady, maybe smile and show your may like to work there?

July 26th, 2013
I went to Dr shah after my other PM doc retired and wow I must say I will never set foot in that mans office ever again he was totally uncaring he was more worried with the government looking at him then he was with me and the amount of pain I am in he made me feel like I was some kind of drug addict looking for a fix . I am in my 50s and have had two back surgery s I am completely legit . I just want to live my life not hurting all the dam time . The DEA don't have a clue about how much pain I am in nor should they govern how my doc treats me

June 28th, 2012
Excellent, Caring Doctor. Very good knowledge of pain medicine and sports medicine.

April 17th, 2011
Excellent experience. Great doctor

November 12th, 2010
after being suggested to me by a former patient of his, I was and am very pleased with the way the doctor is handling my case. He is very forthcoming about my ailment and also takes into consideration my feelings of how to approach treatment, He has a very good bedside manner. I think a lot of low reviews are from persons who were looking for miracle cures.

August 22nd, 2010
Dissapointed
Fortunately I decided to not get further treatment after three epiderals did not give any favorable results. I also resented the arrangement for the service at the out patient sugical center. I felt like I was going to have open heart surgery. Maybe all the extra staff is necessary because of insurance or rules written by lawyers. When I received statements in handwritten envelopes I knew I had made a mistake in judgement.

August 15th, 2016