Dr. Diana Albay MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Irvine, CA

September 17th, 2015
Fantastic
Fantastic doctor who takes the time to help you understand your condition and determine the next steps. Very patient in her explanations and features a no-rush approach when meeting with you. I looked in a number of Endocrinology doctors and am very pleased I was able to find Dr. Albay

July 15th, 2015
unknown
Went to see her for the first time. And I come in to a new clean and well liked office. Office staff very helpful and kind offered water on a hot summer evening. Had all my records ready from my primary. Really don't know what these other people are taking about the staff the front girl is very nice and funny. She even helped me with my paperwork. The doctor is lovely she really pays attention to detail and took the time to really listen to me. I know I'm going back!

June 8th, 2015
STAY FAR AWAY
I've currently been touched with Diabetes. I've apparently had it for some time, making it difficult for me. This "doctor" didn't call me back for the last week and a half!! I've been in hospital also! She didn't call me back or the doctor at emergency. room. She claims to be on call, but doesn't apologize when it TAKES HOURS TO return call--or not at all?!! "Oh, I was sleeping". Imagine!! I told her my toes were numb, but skips right over it! She works very few hours a week and is short staffed. An answering machine picks up your calls most times, and maybe you get a call back? THiS IS NOT A DOCTOR in my book. Her receptionist is very rude and not too bright. Knowing I'm shaking and sick, she even advised an ambulance, knowing they'd have a response for me. She even invited me TO FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR!! This office is a joke, if you really need help. I'll report on the real doctor I'm going to see. this week.They sound like a great, caring office--very professional. .Good luck.

May 26th, 2015
Very sad indeed
She's been calling back, after I became verbal about it. If she had a nurse! or worked more hours, she'd be fine. Saving the dollars is choking the office. Her front office consists of a young woman, who doesn't connect with patients--rushes you off the phone, rude. Says she has a patient in front of her (as if you're not one). They frequently use an answering machine to answer your calls. I've been asked to call back and leave my message on machine. Imagine if the machine failed!! And with that answering machine, you do--OR DON'T--get a response!! The receptionist didn't report, or doctor didn't call back my very important call. Problem compounded with their limited hours, including being closed on Friday. Find another doctor. This office is just not that involved or evolved. Good luck.

October 13th, 2014
Thoroughly incompetent office staff. Unable to reach the office half the time because of a "problem with the phone system" which hasn't been resolved for 2 months. If you call and leave a message, you'll never hear anything back. The doctor herself is very nice.

June 2nd, 2014
I've seen Dr. Albay for thyroid/metabolism issues. She thinks out-of-the-box and doesn't push the RX which is the "norm". She's extremely thorough and works with the patient to find the best solution for the health issue. Dr. Albay is highly recommended!

September 5th, 2013
Very pleased with Dr. Albay
I've been a patient of Dr. Albay for nearly a year and am so glad I found her. She is personable and easy to talk to, thorough and willing to spend adequate time with a patient. She answers all questions, explains treatment options well, and provides plans for follow-up. I would definitely recommend her to others.

July 29th, 2013
Seems like a thorough doctor. Receptionist is very pleasant, however, nurse leaves a great deal to be desired. Waited over an hour from my appointment time to be seen with no apology. May or may not return.

July 29th, 2013