Psychiatrist

6015 Harris Pkwy
Fort Worth, TX 76132
817-659-7344
Locations and availability (2)

|  help with ADHD  |  show details
by ADRIANA on Jul 10th, 2014

My nephew was diagnosed with ADHD and we chose Dr. Ghelber after much research and recommendation. She turned out to be the right choice and we have great expectations from her.

|  PTSD TREATMENT  |  show details
by susan on Jun 30th, 2014

Having gone through some traumatic experiences in life, i was never sure if someone could really help me. Dr. Ghelber has changed all that by providing a comforting, supportive shoulder to lean on. She listens and helps you cope with whatever seems to be troubling you that day. She has so far been my favorite doctor.

|  TERRIFIC DOCTOR  |  show details
by WENDY K on Jun 26th, 2014

Dr. Ghelber is the most terrific doctor one can go to with their problems. She listens with utmost attention and picks up the actual things that are bothering you and lays them on the table so that one gets the right perspective on things. I have found her sessions till now very satisfactory. The progress under her care has been great for me.

|  help with stress related issues  |  show details
by Walter on Jun 23rd, 2014

i went to Dr.Ghelber to get help for my job stress related health issues. She seemed to understand my problems and advised me on ways that could help me deal with my issues in a very effective manner. I have been put on anti anxiety meds for now and asked to do some simple meditation and exercises to help cope with stress and not panic when it all overwhelms me. Dr. Ghelber has been extremely kind and patient with me. She really is a godsend.

|  Most honest & caring doctor and staff  |  show details
by Kathy on Jun 6th, 2014

From the moment the appointment coordinator returned my call, I felt a sense of being welcomed. Her tone of voice and words were caring and comforting. I had called around to probably 8 other psychiatrists and I either did not get a phone call back or the office staff sounded like they definitely did not want to be working there. I was not aware of the level of advanced treatments they offer but I was fulling informed! When I met with Dr. Ghelber, she made me feel comfortable the moment I sat down. I was impressed with her compassion, non-judgmental. She is one of a kind in that the doctor will spend time with you, and not kick you out of her office. Highly recommended, trust me I have been to many psychiatrist and never was so pleased!

|  help with depression  |  show details
by amelia on May 25th, 2014

Dr. Diana with her soft and lilting accent has become a beacon of hope for me. She has made me realize that living with depression is tough but not impossible. Though I still have lot of issues to work through, Dr. Diana has given me the confidence to make some amount of headway towards positivity.

|  GOOD DOC  |  show details
by Melanie on May 14th, 2014

I had been looking for a good, patient doctor to talk to about my issues and then I ended up going to Dr. Ghelber. She was just what I needed. Would like to continue my sessions with her and then post a detailed review. So far, so good.

|  effective treatment  |  show details
by Romaine on May 8th, 2014

I went to Dr. Ghelber after reading a lot about her work and experience. She is calm, to the point and does what is needed. I took advice from her for my anxiety related issues and she put me on meds. She also gave me tips on how to recognize and control my panic attacks. The meds and tips are helping me immensely to improve.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by Lily Roseline on May 6th, 2014

Initially, I was a little hesitant to talk about my problems. Dr. Dana turned out to be an amazingly patient listener. She was attentive and empathetic. After a few sessions with her i feel much better and have found a good friend in the kind doctor. May her tribe increase.

|  reliable doctor  |  show details
by Emma on Apr 21st, 2014

I had a long lasting problem, suffered from mental disorders and depressions, nothing could help. I found Dr. Ghelber a compassionate and highly professional specialist, she provided me with treatment that has helped me best so far. I've been visiting her for 3 months. Emma.

|  Good impression  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2014

This was my first time at Dr. Ghelber's office and I was happy with her attitude and professionalism. G.

|  Long time patient - now leaving  |  show details
by Noel Martin on Apr 1st, 2014

After many years with Dr. Ghelber, I am leaving due to her staffs negligent treatment of me AND her personal negligence and false treatment of me, in person. She is an extremely deceitful and unkind individual - willing to take your money but not willing to help you in maintaining your mental health, as per her duty as a psychiatrist. Beware.

|  NOT a compassionate doctor!  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2014

My daughter, a grown woman, was Dr. Ghelber's patient for some time. Recently, however, due to having a rhyzotomy - severe back pain and an emergency family occurrence, she was unable to give Dr Ghelber's office less than 24 hours notice of cancellation of her scheduled appointment. She went to the office today expecting a standard visit. Rather, she paid money and was told Dr Ghelber would no longer see her as a patient. Further discussion revealed that Dr Ghelber is not compassionate at all. She wants patients who do everything right and do not make her lose an appointment, and therefore, money. My daughter was so distraught that she went to her general practice doctor's office (which was nearby, fortunately) and was immediately seen by the doctor. It took quite some time for that doctor to calm her and help her decide how best to proceed in seeking another psychiatrist. Obviously, my daughter's general practice doctor cares more about her patients than does Dr Ghelber. Dr Ghelber should be ashamed of herself for treating a patient who suffers from depression in such a manner. Obviously, Dr Ghelber is only compassionate to patients who get everything right so that she can get her money.

by Sheila H. on Mar 6th, 2014

She is very attentive, she actually listened to me and my problems. It was my third and last visit.

|  quick and effective care  |  show details
by Paul on Jan 15th, 2014

I enjoyed visiting this doctor, and I've enjoyed the results so far. Was there two weeks ago, she gave me a small dose of medicine to treat my depression fast and said to return for a follow up visit. There has been a great change.

Dec 9th, 2013

The treatment I've been through helped me a great deal, my depression is over now. First time in two years since I started taking medications I feel I don't need it anymore and now I'm gradually stopping taking them. Dr. Ghelber has supported me all the way, she is the best specialist I've seen so far.

|  exceeded my expectations  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2013

I've just finished a 35 session transcranial magnetic stimulation treatment guided by Dr. Ghelber and it helped me a lot. Dr. Ghleber is the first specialist who found the right approach to my problem as medicine did not work well for me before. The magnetic stimulation was the only way to make things better and it worked indeed.

|  helpful professional treatment  |  show details
by Dana on Oct 25th, 2013

Dr. Ghelber is amazing and I found her very helpful professionally through the treatment course. We've tried several medicines after she found what was best for me, and there has been a change for the good. I have normally spent around 20-30 minutes waiting for an appointment which, basically, is the only thing I didn't like. Her office feels like home, friendly environment, and the office staff were OK.

|  Eating disorders and depression  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2013

I'm happy about nearly every part of the treatment, except for sometimes it's hard to make appointments and I need to call in advance. I've received medications against depression and eating disorders, started to go through some change already. still can't say I'm totally OK but I'm on the way to improvement. Depression became less of an issue, and so are the eating disorders. I like to visit the clinic, the office environment is very nice and Dr. Ghelber is very nice too.

|  Former Patient  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2013

Dr. Ghelber needs to lose her medical license. She is not compassionate and a very poor listener and communicator. She had me on so many meds I was fuzzy. Then I missed one appointment because I was so depressed I couldn't get of bed. There was no contact from her to see if I was ok. Then I received a letter telling me she would no longer see me leaving me with no way to continue my medication - medication you need to go off gradually, not all at once. This put me into a tailspin. It has been months and I am still not able to work. DO NOT GO TO THIS WOMAN!

Sep 19th, 2013

This is my second year with Dr. Ghelber, I've been visiting her to take care of my depression. Medication didn't work for me and she has been applying transcranial magnetic stimulation which has helped me a great deal. It's a one hour session every day for seven weeks, and the effect is amazing. Dr. Ghelber is amazing too, I really enjoyed my visits though I feel that now I might not need it anymore.

|  Effective  |  show details
by Nika Lore on Sep 4th, 2013

Her treatment is effective. I had anxiety issues, tried other medicine before, nothing ever helped. It's been like this for years and now I've had this one visit, Dr. Ghelber gave me an infusion of Ketamine and it worked amazingly. I'm going through a big change now.

Aug 9th, 2013

This is the second time I visit Dr. Ghelber: I visited her 4 years ago, then had a break for personal reasons and came back now. I've been suffering for years from eating disorders and occasional depressions. I've had several meetings and it seems good so far, I only had issues booking an appointment but eventually it has been settled up.

|  Forced Hospitalization  |  show details
by Tay on Aug 5th, 2013

I had been under Dr Ghelber's care for a little over a year. At first, I thought she was a Godsend. She seemed to really understand what I was going through. But then it seemed like she got tired of seeing me. After admitting me to the IOP program at Baylor, I went in for a routine check in. After asking me a few questions, I was admitted to the hospital against my will, even though I was not a threat to myself or others according to the admitting hospital. My words were twisted to make it seem like I was homicidal & suicidal and because that was reported to the hospital by Dr Ghelber, they insisted on holding me for a week. My husband tried talking to Dr Ghelber to get the situation straightened out and she basically started screaming at him that it was none of his business and he had no right to question her actions. I was constantly threatened to be sent to the state hospital. I had been doing well in IOP and was scheduled to graduate that week, but apparently, since I answered two questions with "I don't know", she deemed me homicidal and suicidal. After I was out, she did not check on me until almost a month or two later and that was only to see if I wanted to schedule an appointment. I politely refused. Like I said, I truly trusted Dr Ghelber in the beginning. I thought she was the answer to my prayers. But the last experience I had with her has ruined the trust I have with future psychiatrist. I have yet to find one that I trust, because I have that constant fear of being imprisoned against my will. So tread lightly with her.

Aug 1st, 2013

I saw Dr. Ghelber for depression. I missed one appointment due to severe depression (I couldn't get out of bed or leave my house) and she sent me a letter telling me she would no longer treat me because I missed the appointment. No one from her office called to see if I was alive, in the hospital. There was no contact or concern.

|  Found common language  |  show details
by Lauretta Denn on Jul 14th, 2013

I found common language with this doctor and I really appreciate her professionalism. It's been some time since I started my visits and I'm feeling I've been through a huge change, I am a different person now.

|  Annie  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

Based on my diagnosis Dr. Ghelber has recommended me a 35 session treatment and for which I've never felt sorry about. It's something new I've never tried before - called transcranial magnetic stimulation. A 7 week long procedure, 5 sessions per week. Quite long but it's worth it. I liked it because it's a natural method without medications and without side effects (since I'm sensitive to medication I'm very careful about it, so this one was perfect for me).

by Leo J on Jun 10th, 2013

I felt a huge change after a single treatment. In a nutshell - came in depressed, walked out happy. Thanks, Dr. Ghelber.

May 19th, 2013

Dr. Ghelber is very attentive and I was happy with her service. I hope all my issues will be resolved and I won't need any treatment again, but if I ever do I'll certainly go to her. Besides spending some time looking for a parking place, everything was divine.

|  Satisfied  |  show details
by Amalia L. on Apr 27th, 2013

I personally liked the way they treated me, the staff was very nice and polite, I had no issues waiting for the appointment for too long. This is not my first time at Dr. Ghelber and I am quite satisfied with her, the way she follows me up and takes care of any problem I bring up.

|  Appointment  |  show details
by Claudia B on Mar 19th, 2013

My original appointment was one day and I was not given a reminder notice. I got there and the recoptionist let me know that my time was wrong. Then another appointment was set and we had a family emergency. I sent an email to them that I thought they would recieve. I got an email notice telling me I had an appointment 25, the same day I got a letter telling me that I owed them $300 for a missed appointment. Absurd! Jenna Smith tried to help me work it out but to no availe. She refused to be my doctor! Take the high road and help a patient Dr. Ghelber. Don't use her, she might do you the same way!

Mar 19th, 2013

I am very happy with Dr. Ghelber's treatment: she is sincere, professional and caring, she took very serious attention of every word I was saying. I will surely come back to her if I'll ever have to.

Feb 28th, 2013

I have been having this issue for a long time till I reached Dr. Ghelber. She is amazing. This is getting a whole lot better now, I'm still in progress but I can already tell my condition is getting better.

|  Someone that really listened to me  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2013

I had a diagnosis for a long time. She really listened to me. Ran some tests and found something completely different. I am a different person

|  Absolutely amazing  |  show details
by Barry M. on Jan 30th, 2013

I attended Dr. Ghelber's office several times after losing all hope with other doctors and now I can tell there is a change for good.

|  Excellent treatment and attitude comparing  |  show details
by Kate Cord on Jan 18th, 2013

to specialists I've visited in the past. I had issues for quite some time and it got a lot better now. Thanks Dr. Ghelber.

|  Thank's Dr.Ghelber  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

I recommend Dr.Ghelber.She took care of me in a very good and sincere manner. I feel better since she became my doctor.

|  had problems with my daughter for a very long time  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2011

She was treated by various doctors since early childhood and nothing helpedDr Ghelber managed to get her feel better. there is a huge change