Dr. Helen Oconnor DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 2nd, 2016
Good Dr. TERRIBLE STAFF!
I have been going to Dr. O'Connor for 35 +years . I think she is a very good Dr. Her PA Rachel is wonderful too. Over the years her staff has become so very rude almost hateful. No one ever responds to phone calls. They don't call prescriptions so you have to call them and end up with no response! Message after message and no return call. Then when I finally call appointments so I can talk to a real person they are angry and talk down to you like you are stupid. Makes me sad because I used to love going to this Dr. and now have had to go somewhere where the staff actually cares about the patients needs.

January 6th, 2016
our family doctor for many years. sometimes you do wait a while in the office and exam rooms but, when the doctor comes in and spends time listening and just talking to you like you are the only thing that matters. it makes it worth it.

December 18th, 2015
This was the 1st doctor I saw when I moved to OKC. I spent a lot of time researching her and thought I found the perfect doctor. But instead I found a doctor who doesn't care to see you in person and speak, she would rather have her minions call and keep testing you for things because she cannot come up with a diagnosis. The office staff are the worst people I have ever dealt with in my life! Read reviews I am not the first to say this. They ignored me, went weeks to months before getting back to me about any test results. I called them so many times and in the end after being ignored for over a month as to where to go next and increasingly getting sicker; I chose to say enough and found myself a new doctor. Who found a bad vitamin d deficiency that Dr O'Connor never detected. Then when she couldn't do more for me sent me to a neurologist immediately. Like you were suppose to do. A couple months later we have a diagnosis. I have a Chiari 1 Malformation of the brain! So thanks for nothing!!! I really hope you fire everyone in your office; they are a representation of you as a doctor. And because of that you are responsible for the horrible care I got from your office.

October 1st, 2015
Dr O'Connor front desk staff are rude, forget to cancel appointments and just do not care.

February 23rd, 2015
She seems to be a good doctor but she needs new staff immediately!

February 20th, 2014
long time customer
worst experience in my life...great doctor but staff is the hateful rude people.

February 2nd, 2012
The Dr. Diana OConnor Experience
I have gone to see Dr. OConnor, for over a decade. The Doctor is great. I just want it to be known that the office staff is extremely unprofessional. Especially when you are making appointments. If you get frustrated with short and rude people, I recommend calling another Doctor.

January 9th, 2012
Dr needs to get a new staff
Dr. O'Connor and Rachael are awesome. They are very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them. However, I can't see how they tolerate their staff????? When you walk in the front door the office staff looks at you like you're interrupting them. They look really mad, and NEVER smile. (I'm a very happy person, and always smile). They also have problems getting back to patients. I had a MRI done, they told me they'd get back to me within a "few" days. After a week, I called to see if they had heard anything. They said they would look into it. About an hour later the doctor called me back telling me that I needed to see a surgeon. I feel since there was a problem they should have called me asap. When I complained about no one getting back with me, they blew me off. I continue going to see them, but always dread dealing with the staff. I have been wondering if I should find a new doctor.

December 1st, 2011
Great Dr and PA
Dr. O'Connor is sometimes a little difficult to get in to see unless you can wait a week or so. But her PA, Rachele is excellent to work with and easy to get into when you need to see someone quickly.Dr. O'Connor has never made me feel rushed and has always taken the time to discuss my issues.

September 29th, 2011
Dr O'Connor is an amazing physician!
Dr, O'Connor was my mom's doctor first. Her care, attention, compassion and empathy with my mom encouraged me to make her my doctor. She really listens, is honestly concerned about your problem and is not afraid to refer to a specialist if needed. She is great at working at a problem until she finds the right diagnosis and treatment. She treats you as a whole, healthy person that happens to have a physical problem or disease. I'm thankful I found her.

June 7th, 2011
Dr. Diana O'Connor is a doctor the LISTENS to you. She is the best.
Dr. O'Connor has been my doctor for approx. 20 years. She has been beside me through really rough times, serious health issues and very traumatic decisions. I love her as my doctor, as my advisor and in a sense as a friend. She listens to what you say, examins you and treats you or sends you to a specialist that will give you the very best care for that issue!There are none more professional or concerned for every patient that my doctor, Diana O'Connor. She has saved my life more than ounce and I appreciate her very much.

May 31st, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. O'Connor for over 18 years. She listens closely when you list your problems and she is outstanding in her diagnosis. She has great bed side manners and she is very open and matter of fact. I wouldn't still be seeing her if she wasn't a great doctor.