Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Never, ever again  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2014

I decided to go to Dr. Coltrin for my first baby in 2010 because her office was so close to my work. I didn't meet Dr. Coltrin until I was 6 months pregnant. Her bedside manner is horrible! I knew as soon as I met her that I should change OBGYN's but I decided to stick it out because I did really like the RN's in the office. During my emergency C-section I heard Dr. Coltrin telling the medical team that she was over they day and really didn't have time for this??!!! She was so incredibly rude. In addition when I had friends in my room she decided to lecture me on my health- and how obese I was. Keep in mind Dr. coltrin weighs more than me so it's hard to take that to heart. She embarrassed me and divulged personal medical information in front of my friends. I felt completely berated. I am now pregnant with baby 2 and am having a MUCH better experience at a practice in Chesapeake. I see my dr on every visit! Stay away from Dr. Coltrin unless you are desperate. I wish I had read reviews on her before I went! I bet you will not find any good ones!

|  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Overall the experience wasn't what I was looking for in an OB doc. The first appointment was supposed to be for my annual and to get off birth control but I was told that I couldn't do both in one appointment so I had to make two. Unfortuatnely, I was told this at the appointment not before. Then when I came back after getting pregnant my first OB appointment was 3 and half hours but it would have been longer if we hadn't walked around and found our PA and asked her to finish up so that I could go back to work and so that my husband could get to work. Also, the lady that answers the phones seems to hate life and has been more than rude on several occassions. I called because I was having cramps and was a little distressed about it since this is my first pregnancy, and was put on hold for 4.5 minutes, when I called back I said "I was just on hold for 4.5 minutes and I need to talk to someone." she paused to make sure I could hear the phones ringing in the back ground and then said "Do you hear the phones in the background? We are busy. That's why you were on hold. Wait just a minute and the nurse will be with you." Also, when I call to make an appointment I am given one time and one date and the insinuation is "that's it take it or leave it."I had brought up concerns to my PA at the time and she said "we are shorthanded, I do apologize, sweetie." while she is standing there in flip flops and a tank top looking oh so non professional. And "sweetie" is not my name. She also gave me a look that said "if you don't like it then find somewhere else."The excuse that "we are shorthanded" is the party line at this office and I have told every single person I know that they should not even think of using this office for their needs.

|  wouldn't recoomend  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2010

not impressed with bedside manner of Dr. Coltrin or her newest nurse practitioner. Not impressed with office staff.

|  Never gave me my results  |  show details
by FMK, Va Beach-VA on Jul 27th, 2010

Seeking a second opinion, I called my previous GYN ( who I found out moved away) and was told that Dr. Coltrin was the only DR left at that practice so I scheduled with her. After a long wait and less than friendly reception at the office ( they failed to mention the new location when I scheduled) I spent another 45 minutes wrapped in a paper dress in a cold room waiting... After my colposcopy I was told my results would be available in 2 weeks. ( Keep in mind labs have these results back in 3 days) After about 24-36 hours I started to experience some post-procedure issues and called the office multiple times before receiving a call back from one annoyed Dr. Coltrin - who not only didn't explain what was happening, but basically said not to worry about it before abruptly ending the call.2 weeks came and went and no call with my results. For the next 3 weeks ( now 5 total weeks since the procedure...) and multiple calls to the office - no results. Call me crazy but don't DOCTORS push early detection and treatment? So assuming that is correct, why so blatantly ignore a situation that had already been recommended for surgery by another Doctor?With almost each call the receptionist told me the file was on her desk. One day the recepetionist told me she put it on her CHAIR so she would HAVE to pick it up. Well, Dr. Coltrin never gave me those results but had billed me for her services, however incomplete they were.When I called the office and told them I would not pay a bill for an incomplete service an "office assistant" ( the only identification she would give me...) with no medical training attempted to read lab results to me over the phone. When asked the DIAGNOSIS was, she said she wasn't sure and that I would have to speak with the Doctor.Well. Sorry, but I could have seen every OB/GYN in the 7 cities and had all the results back in the timeframe I wasted waiting on Dr. Coltrin. In two years I have never heard another word from that office. If you are a woman who values your health and your sanity, do yourself a favor and go anywhere but here.This Doctor managed to scare off every good DR that used to work with her and now I can see why.

|  Don't waste your time!  |  show details
by Mary on May 5th, 2010

I went to this practice for prenatal care. For the 1st 6 mos. I saw only her NP's who were nice & professional, but wondered when I would finally see a dr. When I finally did meet Dr. Coltrin, I found her cold & slightly lacking in bedside manner. Eventually, she kinda warmed up during my visit, but then came her "orders" rather than suggestions (due to a condition I had developed). I later found out by another OB that her approach was overly rigid & excessive. After the exam, I found myself so put off by her, that I decided to change OB's. I'd say their fine for routine gyn care, NP's, but not OB care.

|  Very disappointing  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2010

I did not actually see this dr when i went for my appt but i did see her nurse. it was horrible. i waited FOR OVER 3 HOURS for my annual exam appt and was then told that i wasnt going to be given a prescribtion for birth control because i had high blood pressure. 74/120 is not high for starters. then a week later the nurse called me back because she said the lab messed up my test results and i needed it done again. i went back, didnt wait too long for that appt, about 20 minutes or so.