Dr. Diane Donnelly MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

March 28th, 2012
Dr Donnelly has ZERO bedside manner. She always makes me feel as if I am wasting her time. She does not listen to what I have to say or how I am feeling. It takes well over a month to get an appointment. I was told if I was late, my appointment would be canceled. The staff is very rude and not helpful at all.

February 16th, 2012
Dr. Donnelly
Great doctor.

October 11th, 2011
So much to say.
I had to wait a month to get an appointment with Dr. Donnelly who is supposed to be my new PCM according to my insurance. I was told to get there early to fill out my paperwork so I did. The waiting room was empy. I filled out my paperwork and carried it back with me when they finally called my name. Once Dr. Donnelly came in the room, we went over briefly what problem I was having, that I haven't seen a doctor in a couple years and I was anxious to be well again. Dr. Donnelly didn't ask me ONE question about my history or my family history (every single one of my parent & grandparents have fought Cancers, high blood pressure, and DIABETES). She never ONCE looked at the paperwork I had filled out detailing that information. I hopped up on the table, she listened to my lungs (which was great, but had nothing to do with my problem) and told me she would refer me to someone else. Five minutes total in the room with me and she was gone. Almost a month later I call about my referral and left a message, I spoke to no one. The next week I get a call from the office of the doctor I was referred to and made my appt with her. I arrive at my appt only to find out that Dr Donnelly had yet to send them the authorization for referral from my insurance. Later that week I get a call from my insurance telling me they had authorized me to see someone else. That even though I had seen Dr Donnelly 2 months prior, her office had only contacted my insurance company for a referral that week. I know exactly how this stuff is supposed to work, bc I used to DO it. I used to get the referral authorizations, insurance prior authorizations and precerts so I know how you go about doing it and I am blown away at the lack of knowledge. I have called several times and left messages and no one returns my call. I'll be asking my insurance company for a different PCM.

January 14th, 2010
Paramedic Hubby (12 Years Medical Experience)
Dr. Donnelly has excellent potential as a Doctor, but is still GREEN (4 years experience). Where she may be great in sports medicine, an area that seems to have her focus, she needs to get more experience in the hospital before working in Family Practice and tackling complex internal medicine. My wife, who has a history of hypertention, pulmonary embolisms, and has had one diagnosed stroke at age 29, went in on more than one occasion complaining of a rushing sound in her ear and extreme headaches, and was perscribed by Dr. Donnelly a decongestant, being told it was probably her sinuses or insomnia. After being in excruciating pain, she went to an Emergency Room, where she was treated by an open minded doctor with more experience,and she was diagnosed with Benign Intercaranial Pressure (cronic) with associated swelling in the right half of the brain, which had NOTHING to do with her sinuses.