Dr. Diane Dubinsky MD, FAAP Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 2nd, 2013
Switching Practices
Having taken my preemie to her 9 month visit, she gave my daughter a hard time about development, but it was obvious she wasn't being fair and not going by her ADJUSTED age of 6 months! I have been considering making the switch with my firstborn (4 years old now), but the last visit made me very upset. She made me feel as though I was taking up her time, didn't give much eye contact, and made me wait for over an hour! Also, when I mentioned scheduling an appointment with her physical therapist, she seemed upset that it took me a while, while the other DR's at the same practice didn't see an issue. She also undermine one of the other DR's who showed concern for my daughters growth, which she actually shared her opinion openly, which I find unprofessional as they should be a team. She came to the room unprepared and rolling her eyes at my daughters records. The only time she smiled was when she was exiting. She ruined my day and even my son doesn't want to go back. I hate to leave since I have tons of records there, but I will gladly pay the money for MY records and leave. I advise parents with development delays or preemies to find another practice. My daughter was in the NICU for 98 days and I would have expected better from them for caring, but that don't. They always ask, "why was she in the NICU?" Well, look at her darn records!!!!

April 19th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I have been taking my children to Fairfax Pediatrics for several years. I only have great things to say. My son has multiple medical issues, and I was referred to Dr. Dubinsky by his specialists. They were right. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. We were in need of a general pediatrician who could handle a case like my son's and she was the right one. Very thorough and competent. She was also very gentle with him and very patient as well. She was warm and receptive to hearing about our needs and provided our son with excellent care. I have been to many physicians with my son, and she is one of the best! The new office is bright and cheerful and the staff were very nice. I got an appointment the same day and only waited about 10 minutes to be brought back. The nurse was wonderful! I highly recommend her and Fairfax Pediatrics.

October 21st, 2012
Great doctor
I've been seeing Dr. Dubinsky for several years now. She takes care of three of my children. She is kind and compassionate! always takes time to listen and evaluates the whole situation. She was referred to me by several specialists, they know how their patients are cared for and they were right! She is a great doctor.

November 4th, 2011
Poor
First of all, Dr. Dubinsky is very difficult to hold a conversation with. She interrupts you and seems disinterested in answering questions, which is extremely frustrating when you are a new parent. She has a generic answer which always stems along the line of "you'll figure it out". She seems as if the many years of being a pediatrician have gotten to her head and it shows through her cold snooty non approachable, impersonal bedside manner. Would not see her again. As far as waiting time, she once made me wait 30 minutes ( I arrived on time) before being seen as she training a new doctor on their new EMR, while I had to deal with my baby who became increasingly impatient and fussy. Why should that come out of my schedule? However it is absolutely impossible to switch to the doctors I want to see (Dr. Dakin and Ohriner are amazing) as they are always booked 3 months out in advance. So many doctors, how can everyone be THAT busy? WIll be finding a new practice....PS-on the plus side, staff has always been very friendly.

October 18th, 2011
Excellent comprehensive caring
my experience was excellent. Dr. Dubinsky takes the time to evaluate all the issues. She doesn't just focus on the one issue you come in for, but really treats the "whole child."I found her to be pleasant and compassionate. I highly recommend her! The nurses there were excellent as well.

April 23rd, 2011
Very Unprofessional and hot tempered person
I will not go there again. It was a waste of our time.

December 17th, 2010
Terrible Bedside Manner
I don't know if it was because we were the last appointment on a Friday or this woman was having a personal issue but this doctor chose to attack me about my 8 year old daughter's weight in front of her. We were being seen because my daughter had begun an exercise program (for weight control) and was experiencing exercise-induced asthma symptoms that run in our family. Rather than treating her for asthma as the doctor we later saw at another practice did, this doctor focused on my child's weight. When it was clear that the appointment wasn't going anywhere I left. A few weeks later I was sent my medical records by this doctor telling me that they could not longer treat us. My daughter has been a patient since birth.

August 24th, 2016