Dr. Diane Hood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 10th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Hood for several years and have been fairly satisfied with her care until my last appointment. I have developed a somewhat serious condition in addition to the ones I was already dealing with. I left her office feeling like a scolded child. She gave me the impression that she thought my new problem was my fault and implied that I might not have been taking my medication which was not true. She is always in a hurry and seems irritated by questions. I refuse to be treated disrespectfully by anyone and am thinking of making a change.

April 25th, 2015
Love her!
She is professional, compassionate, thorough and overall a great doctor. I have a complicated medical history so I see her somewhat frequently. She is very smart, takes plenty of time with me and is confident. She caught a serious diagnosis early and I'm so grateful to her. Five star doctor.

July 10th, 2013
Her office is very busy but she is excellent. She is professional and friendly. I have never felt rushed and have all my questions answered. Very good doc.

November 11th, 2012
Dr. is good....office administration is not.
After getting to an appointment 10 minutes early, I left an hour later without being seen. This was the last straw of numerous office incidents including "lost" prescription forms, failure to call back with results of both a blood test and bone density test. They said they had called, but they did not. General regular increasing confusion over four years. I am sticking with my OBGYN for yearly visits, now. Dr. Hood's office is too unorganized.

May 1st, 2012
Excellent
She is professional and straightforward. She explained everything she was doing/ordering. Answered all my questions thoroughly. I could tell she was very busy but I did not feel rushed at all. I have been several times and I have seen her interact with other patients in the halls and everyonee seems to love her. I think it is a special doctor who can be so busy yet make patients comfortable and know their needs are met. I work in a different doctor's office and I will tell you she is great. A good PCP is hard to find which is why I took the time to rate her.

July 11th, 2011
Fired!
I went to Dr. Hood four times over one year. Initial visit good. Second visit, complained about new med she put me on - making me very ill. She dismissed all symptoms. She increased the dosage! Third visit six months later, she did not know I had had major surgery five weeks prior. Forth, and last visit, her nurse asked me what tests I had done since last visit. Isn't it her job to pull that information before I come in? The purpose of going to one central location, and having a primary care physician, is so all information is "hubbed" with that primary. Not only does she not review the patient history before seeing the patient, she takes no time. When I had to call her back to the exam table to check a concern of mine, she left the water running from when she started to wash her hands. RUSHED?!? I did not get my questions answered. I felt as though I was being talked at. I would not recommend this doctor to anybody. And I gave her several chances, and a lot of money.

May 3rd, 2011
I'm looking for a new Dr. Last experience was awful. I was having trouble breathing with my hands trembleing and was treated indiferently by all, saying I didn't have an appoinment. I was fine when I left home so my dfficulty was because of the long walk in the rain and cold. i was there to drop of my questioneer for her to complete and then fa it to Delmar Gardens, where I am moving to next Monday. I couldn't find a parking place so had to walk a very long way to get to her office.

November 4th, 2010
not a positive new patient experience
I was forced to switch to a preferred in -network provider because my existing one didn't accept medicare. After watching patient after patient go back for over an hour, I finally complained and was seen. I was veer upset that my only purpose for even seeing Dr. Hood was to get stipulated referrals for specialists with who I had a long standing history. That said, at least Dr. Hood was kind and accommodating when I did see her, but I'm not so fond of this insurance plan

October 21st, 2010
Great Doctor
I recently began seeing Dr. Hood as my primary, my wife had her as her GP for several years and had a great experience that recommended Dr. Hood. I was shocked to see the other reviewer's comment about referral, my experience could not be more different. After visiting with Dr. Hood SHE determined that I needed a referral and my appoitment was set up with the other doctor before I left the building. The specialist that she recommended has been great, and now that I am under his care she told me no need to come back until my physical next year. Dr. Hood is incredibly professional and way more thorough than my previous GP. So far the few appointments I have had with her she is always on schedule, not particularly chatty during the appoitment, but courteous and thorough (personally, I like it). I would not hesitate to recommend her to family and am happy and confident to have my spouse and myself under her care.

May 9th, 2010
Great
She was very courteous and informative. Spent time answering my questions when she was obviously busy. I did not find the negative reviewers comments to be true at all. In my experience most people get on line to give negative reviews.Bottom line...I am going back and I will refer family/friends

October 6th, 2009
This poor excuse of a doctor refuses to give a referral to a specialist. She insisted that I make useless appointments with her. I had to find another primary care physician and repeat all the same tests, because the specialists required them. She is a greedy doctor who has proven to be unethical