Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Radiologist
Video profile

Aug 23rd, 2015

I will tell you from experience of visiting several obgyns, if you are having some kind of problems, each one will tell you something different. I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 5 years ago. At first I was THRILLED with my doctor because I finally found out what was wrong with me. He performed an excellent surgery. However, that was about it. His follow up was very poor. He told me I would need another surgery about every 5 years. That's because he's primarily a surgeon. Next I went to another doctor on the recommendation of a friend who is a nurse. Well after I got there, it because clear his main focus is on pregnancy and delivery. He told me that patients with endometriosis should have only one surgery in their life and that's it. At first I was a little weary of Dr. Hughes as she questioned a few things I didn't think she should have (I still disagree with her on these areas) but I was relieved to hear she didn't want to do another surgery on me just yet without trying some other options first and see if they would help. She has always been very patient with my concerns and made sure I have felt comfortable. I have had to try several different forms of birth control and we still haven't found the one that is right for me yet. But my endometriosis symptoms have greatly subsided under her care. She has been willing to adapt every time. She knew what my best options were for the bad side effects I was having and sets up a plan of action in the event whatever I was trying didn't work out. She always takes the time to answer all of my questions and when I have a concern, she explains the pros and cons. She's not perfect, no doctor is, but she has helped me with what I've asked for help with. I have always had to wait a while, but that doesn't really bother me. A good doctor is worth the wait

Excellent care show details Excellent care
by Lora Dickerson on Feb 23rd, 2015

I first heard of Diane Hughes in early 2012 after reading an article in the local newspaper that my Mom had printed out for me. I have had several surgeries in the past and was not pleased with the care I was getting, not to mention the pain I was in monthly. After my first visit, she scheduled blood work, ultrasound and we found some areas of concern. We consulted, TOGETHER, not her telling me what to do, on what path to take. We made a decision, did it and she was fabulous. 2013, my surgery was not easy, but she did great. After my hysterectomy, I began to feel like I was battling depression. My weight was the highest it had been and I had no energy, at all. I asked her for some help with antidepressants and she said some things to me that made me really think about my health. She encouraged me to try and lose a little weight to see if that would help, she encouraged me by telling me I was deserving of a good life and one that I felt good about! Her words stuck with me, I don't know why it took someone else telling me I was deserving of this, but it did. So, January 2014 I made the decision to take her words and change my life. I have lost 110lbs and am in better shape than I have ever been. She took the time to tell me what she saw in me, no other doctor has ever done that for me. I am grateful for her care and know I'm in good hands.

by Jerrie Smith on Feb 14th, 2015

I gave her a four on promptness but, this is only because she spends quality time with her patients; and, this is something I appreciate. I love her and her staff!

Feb 2nd, 2015

Worst experience in a doctor's office ever.

by Kathy Johnston on Jan 21st, 2015

This doctor is wonderful! Warm and caring..

by Loni Duncan on Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Hughes is a fantastic doctor. I began seeing her a the beginning of my pregnancy and being an older mom, (39) and overweight, I had a great deal of concerns. Dr. Hughes always takes time with me. She is extremely thorough. She is genuinely caring of her patients. The way times can be an issue because Dr. Hughes is a one doctor private practice, every minute I ever waited for her was well worth it. I have recommended Dr. Hughes to other women and will continue to do so and most importantly, Dr.Hughes will continue to be my Ob/Gyn unless she stops practicing or I move away and I don't see either happening any time soon!

Worst Choice Ever show details Worst Choice Ever
by Mommy 2014 on Mar 7th, 2014

In summer of 2013 When i was about 4 1/2 mo pregnant, I chose Dr. Hughes as my ob/gyn. Right away she scheduled an ultrasound. After she had gotten the ultrasound results back she told me she thought my baby might have down syndrome & that she wanted me to get further testing @ UT Maternal-Fetal Medicine Texas Center. Dr. Hughes asked me that if my baby did have down syndrome would I keep the baby or would I have an abortion. I told her that no matter what I would keep the baby. I then went & had the testing done & was told by the Dr. at UT Center that there were no red flags indicating that my baby had down syndrome. I felt comfortable with that decision & when I went back to Dr. Hughes she insisted that I have more testing done in which I told her no that I was happy with the results given to me @ UT Center. She had a third ultrasound done in her office & again she insisted my baby had down syndrome. I felt very uncomfortable & this point. Again she told me that if I wanted to get an abortion that I could but that I would have to leave the country because i was past the weeks of a legal abortion here in the USA. NO LIE! Dr. Hughes told me this. I couldn't believe what she was telling me. I felt the life come out of me. We went into the hallway where she continued to want to convince me to have an abortion. She said I could schedule another appointment & we could sit down and talk about my situation once more. I told her no & Dr. Hughes gave me a business card so that incase I changed my mind I would go and talk to her about the abortion. Dr. Hughes told me to get more testing done & that she wanted me to get a test done that was about $2,000 & that I didnt have to pay out of my pocket that my insurance would cover the costs. After that visit with her I immediately switched doctors. What happened to me at her office was horrible. I felt pushed into making a decision I would never even consider. I had my baby in January and I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl. My baby does not have down syndrome as Dr. Hughes thought my baby did. She wanted me to have an abortion & my baby did not even have down syndrome. I tell my story, so that this wont happen to any other pregnant woman out there. No one has to go through this. We are all free to make our own decisions & we should never ever be pushed into something we don't want to do. I am very disappointed in Dr. Hughes & her way of treating pregnant patients. Do Not let this happen to you.

by Traci C. on Feb 14th, 2014

The best decision I made during my second pregnancy was switching to Dr. Hughes! From the moment I called and made an appointment, and spoke with May, I knew I was in for a pleasant experience. The entire staff spoke very highly of her and I, too, have nothing but great things to say about her. She spent her time with me during appointments, made sure I never left with any questions, and made my 2nd cesarean a breeze. Now, 6 weeks pp, I went back for a follow up and to get my birth control implant. She explained everything to a T and it was exactly what she said it was going to be. No surprises!! I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for an honest and straight forward doctor and staff!!

Best ob/gyn Ever! show details Best ob/gyn Ever!
by L.C. on Nov 20th, 2013

When I first moved to this area, I was very stressed out and uncomfortable about having to find a new ob/gyn. I am SO glad that I found Dr. Hughes. Her entire staff is always very welcoming, friendly, and are always able to accommodate patients' needs. Dr. Hughes is wonderful. She is very calm and informative, and no matter what my issues are, she is always happy to answer any crazy question I can come up with. I have been a patient of Dr. Hughes for over a year now, and in this time she has not only treated me for routine annual visits, but she has carefully monitored my ovarian cysts, and performed a successful vulvectomy surgery on me. The surgery was a breeze, Dr. Hughes spent time before-hand to prepare me for it, she had me in and out within hours on the day of the surgery, and during the weeks of recovery after my surgery she saw me very frequently; bi-weekly for follow-ups, and she also accommodated me any other time I wanted to go in for my own concerns. Best doc and office staff ever!

the best show details the best
by mrs ivory on Aug 22nd, 2013

I went into the hospital not expecting to deliver but Dr Hughes checked my cervix the next morning and discovered that I was 6cm dialated so she bust my water bag. She made my delivery very comfortable she also checked to make sure there was not left inside before she stitched me up.( something my previous doctor didn't do) she was very informative and farming I would reccomend her to any one there should be many more doctors like her...(she's the best)

First Time Experience show details First Time Experience
Nov 13th, 2012

Made first time experience miserable, and very pushy.

The best doctor. show details The best doctor.
Sep 27th, 2012

I had a good experience with Dr. Hughes she's the best gynecologist I have been too and that I will only see she takes the time with you she's caring she answers all your questions and she explains everything so well she's always there for deliveries not like some other doctors that tell you they will deliver your baby and at the time some other doctors that you know nothing of ends up delivering your baby I would highly recommend Dr. Hughes to anybody she's the best and she has the heart every doctor should have.

Perfect show details Perfect
Dec 30th, 2011

They say that no one is perfect. However, for me Dr. Diane Hughes is perfect. This was my first time to face medical issues and it hit me head on. Dr. Hughes explained everything to me in the way that I needed. She gave it to me straight yet comforted me at the same time. She explained everything to me and even gave me her personal cell if I needed her. Brenda, Monica and the rest of the staff are excellent and caring. They are very responsive when in getting messages to Dr. Hughes and also thoughtful in the fact that they gave me coupons that may help the cost of my RX to go down. I would recommend anyone to Dr. Hughes and can't wait until the day I am pregnant so I can have her deliver my child. Thanks Dr. Hughes and thanks to the staff!Sincerely,Felicia Bond

Hopeful Mom to be! show details Hopeful Mom to be!
Sep 22nd, 2011

She is amazing! I was able to get an appointment with days of calling, not weeks! Her staff returned calls, referred to me by name, was extremely helpful and polite. I felt as though I was the only one in the room, and so did everyone else.I waited just a few minutes before the Dr came in, at which point she spoke to me for 45 minutes! She resolved problems and answered questions that I could not get an answer to for over 8 months with my last OBGYN. In our first meeting she scheduled procedures that I was unable to have done over an 8 month period with my last Doctor, and two weeks after our first meeting I have all the answers I need, I know what has to be done next and thanks to her and her excellent staff I have appointments within the next few weeks to have them all done.She was a God send for my Husband and I, just when I thought I would have to suffer in silence and go on with questions, she showed me that there are still Doctors who truly care about their patients, not the size of their practice!

Nurse T show details Nurse T
Sep 15th, 2011

It is very difficult to find physicians like Dr. Hughes. As an RN who has 32 years of clinical practice in critical care nursing, I have worked with physicians who are leaders in their chosen fields as well as physicians that I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. I have been a patient of Dr. Hughes for 2 years and have been totally satisfied with who she is as a person,physician, and the quality of care she provides. Recently, I recommended her to my manager (also an RN) who very satisfied with the quality of care she received. While people have a right to voice their opinions, any rating short of excellent for this physician is unacceptable.

GREAT DOCTOR show details GREAT DOCTOR
Sep 6th, 2011

She cover all area's that are important and goes out of her way to figure out promblems that other doctor's just ignore

SEARCHED FOR A DR LIKE THIS AND FINALY FOUND ONE!!! show details SEARCHED FOR A DR LIKE THIS AND FINALY FOUND ONE!!!
Aug 31st, 2011

I had a great experience with Dr. Hughes at her Humble TX location. Today was my first visit, and I have gone to a couple of OB/GYN's over the last several years trying to find one that will take the time to listen in full detail of what your concerns are, and who will sit and elaborate on all options and explain why she recommends the options. She was educated me on some health issues that I have had for sometime now. Her staff was very friendly and professional, office was nice and clean! The whole office made me feel VERY COMFORTABLE. I would recommend Dr. Hughes to all my family and friends... as a matter of fact I have shared my experience with her with several already!!

Jun 20th, 2011

Dr. Hughes and her staff are so unconcern and inconsiderate. That office is the only office that I know that will make you pay to fill out FMLA forms. She scheduled a very important medical procedure and the day of an appointment she cancels the entire procedure. She's very uncaring. I will not recommend this doctor to anyone. Her staff is very unfriendly and the scheduling for an appointment is a month away.

Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
Apr 4th, 2011

Dr. Hughes is a fantastic doctor. She always takes time to answer my questions and to put me at ease. In my pregnancy, she even returned my call on the weekend and in the evening when I was having a problem. At most doctors you are just a patient with an appointment, at Dr. Hughes' office, you are a person with needs and treated like family. I would highly recommend Dr. Hughes and her staff for anyone wanting top quality care with a caring spirit!~

Mar 27th, 2011

Awesome Doctor! and Staff. Very friendly and professional. Dr Hughes is a breath of fresh air. I wish there were more doctors like her. Most doctors are in such a rush. She took the time to talk to me and explain what was going on and next steps I needed to take. Also, I was set up on a payment plan, which really helped me during this tough time. Most offices won't even let you talk to the nurse if you owe a balance. Not Dr Hughes's office! Thank you and I will be back. I'll send some referrals your way!