Dr. Diane Hughes MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 6th, 2017
Wonderful doctor!
I can't speak higher of any doctor I've ever been to. In 2014 I was tired of an ongoing pain I'd had for almost a year. My current OBGYN had been telling me that I had ovarian cysts but the pain was far more than just that. I decided to try Dr. Hughes for a second opinion. During my first visit she promised to help figure out the true source of this pain. Several tests were ran and we found out that it was NOT an abdominal issue, but instead I needed hip surgery and the 2 year pain was due to the abnormal shape of my hip bone. I had been to a few doctors and no one had taken the time to help me figure out what this was! Through her recommendations I was able to find a doctor who knew what he was doing and performed a successful hip bone correction.( I'm already teary eyed writing this). Fast forward to 2017: after months of pain associated with fibroids we decided that removing my uterus was the best option for me. She's a PHENOMENAL woman and doctor. Her office staff is amazingly thorough and kind and I really appreciate how well they communicate with you. It's a God-given skill to be able to breathe new life into your patients and forget that you're human as well. Not once have I felt like she (or her staff) put herself or her needs before mine. I've never felt better. She's gifted me a quality of life I missed out on for years. She uses techniques that are best for YOU and allow quick recovery time providing you follow the plan she creates for you.

September 16th, 2016
She is awesome
Dr. Hughes is a very caring doctor. I have been going to her for years. Her staff is always very helpful. I love her.

September 2nd, 2015
Outstanding OB-GYN
Our experience w/ Dr. Hughes was excellent! We came to her with a very difficult problem w/ a long-term history (around 10 years) from a few other doctors. Our previous diagnosis and treatment caused a problem that could have been life-threatening. After one year of perseverance including a surgery, some critical thinking on the part of Dr. Hughes, and a change of treatment, we are back on track. We are very thankful for Dr. Hughes' willingness to enter into our problem, for her persistence in seeking after the right solution for us, and for her high level of expertise and knowledge. Thank you!!!

August 24th, 2015
I will tell you from experience of visiting several obgyns, if you are having some kind of problems, each one will tell you something different. I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 5 years ago. At first I was THRILLED with my doctor because I finally found out what was wrong with me. He performed an excellent surgery. However, that was about it. His follow up was very poor. He told me I would need another surgery about every 5 years. That's because he's primarily a surgeon. Next I went to another doctor on the recommendation of a friend who is a nurse. Well after I got there, it because clear his main focus is on pregnancy and delivery. He told me that patients with endometriosis should have only one surgery in their life and that's it. At first I was a little weary of Dr. Hughes as she questioned a few things I didn't think she should have (I still disagree with her on these areas) but I was relieved to hear she didn't want to do another surgery on me just yet without trying some other options first and see if they would help. She has always been very patient with my concerns and made sure I have felt comfortable. I have had to try several different forms of birth control and we still haven't found the one that is right for me yet. But my endometriosis symptoms have greatly subsided under her care. She has been willing to adapt every time. She knew what my best options were for the bad side effects I was having and sets up a plan of action in the event whatever I was trying didn't work out. She always takes the time to answer all of my questions and when I have a concern, she explains the pros and cons. She's not perfect, no doctor is, but she has helped me with what I've asked for help with. I have always had to wait a while, but that doesn't really bother me. A good doctor is worth the wait

February 14th, 2015
I gave her a four on promptness but, this is only because she spends quality time with her patients; and, this is something I appreciate. I love her and her staff!

February 2nd, 2015
Worst experience in a doctor's office ever.

January 21st, 2015
This doctor is wonderful! Warm and caring..

March 25th, 2014
Dr. Hughes is a fantastic doctor. I began seeing her a the beginning of my pregnancy and being an older mom, (39) and overweight, I had a great deal of concerns. Dr. Hughes always takes time with me. She is extremely thorough. She is genuinely caring of her patients. The way times can be an issue because Dr. Hughes is a one doctor private practice, every minute I ever waited for her was well worth it. I have recommended Dr. Hughes to other women and will continue to do so and most importantly, Dr.Hughes will continue to be my Ob/Gyn unless she stops practicing or I move away and I don't see either happening any time soon!

February 14th, 2014
The best decision I made during my second pregnancy was switching to Dr. Hughes! From the moment I called and made an appointment, and spoke with May, I knew I was in for a pleasant experience. The entire staff spoke very highly of her and I, too, have nothing but great things to say about her. She spent her time with me during appointments, made sure I never left with any questions, and made my 2nd cesarean a breeze. Now, 6 weeks pp, I went back for a follow up and to get my birth control implant. She explained everything to a T and it was exactly what she said it was going to be. No surprises!! I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for an honest and straight forward doctor and staff!!

November 20th, 2013
Best ob/gyn Ever!
When I first moved to this area, I was very stressed out and uncomfortable about having to find a new ob/gyn. I am SO glad that I found Dr. Hughes. Her entire staff is always very welcoming, friendly, and are always able to accommodate patients' needs. Dr. Hughes is wonderful. She is very calm and informative, and no matter what my issues are, she is always happy to answer any crazy question I can come up with. I have been a patient of Dr. Hughes for over a year now, and in this time she has not only treated me for routine annual visits, but she has carefully monitored my ovarian cysts, and performed a successful vulvectomy surgery on me. The surgery was a breeze, Dr. Hughes spent time before-hand to prepare me for it, she had me in and out within hours on the day of the surgery, and during the weeks of recovery after my surgery she saw me very frequently; bi-weekly for follow-ups, and she also accommodated me any other time I wanted to go in for my own concerns. Best doc and office staff ever!

August 22nd, 2013
the best
I went into the hospital not expecting to deliver but Dr Hughes checked my cervix the next morning and discovered that I was 6cm dialated so she bust my water bag. She made my delivery very comfortable she also checked to make sure there was not left inside before she stitched me up.( something my previous doctor didn't do) she was very informative and farming I would reccomend her to any one there should be many more doctors like her...(she's the best)

November 14th, 2012
First Time Experience
Made first time experience miserable, and very pushy.