Overall Review

3.8

May 6th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. MacDonnell's practice for over 15 years and have had nothing but positive experiences. Staff are friendly, supportive and professional. Dr. MacDonnell is an intelligent and highly competent physician. I respect her directness and would trust my health to no one else. Can't speak highly enough of her PA, Jackie MacMurray, either. Absolutely adore her!!!!!! Simply top notch all around!!!!!!

June 5th, 2015
MS, RD, CDE
I made an appointment with this doctor for my mother, who was recently diagnosed with cancer. We had to wait over a month for an appointment time. As our appointment time approached, we called the office twice to confirm the information and records we needed to bring to the visit and also to see if any records needed to be in the office ahead of time. The office staff informed us that all that was needed was the form (download from the website) and that it was ok for us to bring copies of her records to the appointment. We made special arrangements for this appointment, including travel and taking time off from work (we live 2 hours away). The day before the appointment, the office left a message for us to call them. They gave no other information in the message. We called, but the office was closed by the time we got the message and were able to call back. The next morning, the office called to cancel my mother's appointment. They told us she was a 'special case' and that the doctor needed her records ahead of time, to review. Because of this, we decided not to reschedule. This office had plenty of time to let us know they needed records ahead of time - nearly 2 months!!!! And they waited until the day before the appointment to let us know. The office manager did not offer any apology or admit any error on their part.

March 9th, 2015
I've only ever seen the doctor once, but I started going to this practice to see her PA who is by far the best practitioner I've ever been seen. Other staff are very helpful and pleasant. Waiting time can vary wildly, sometimes you're in immediately, other times you wait a half hour.

January 29th, 2014
Would NOT recommend!
Dr. MacDonnell is not a very friendly person, her PA, Jackie McMurray, is absolutely amazing. I was a patient for 8 years and had one unpaid bill and she kicked me out of her practice for $65. When I tried to explain to her, she would not listen or reconsider. She is a very snooty person and unwilling to help or admit she was wrong. I was also interested in bariatric surgery and she was unwilling to support that decision. My BMI was over 41 so I was definitely a candidate for the surgery but because she is against the surgery she would not give me a referral. She is one of the most inefficient and unprofessional doctors I have ever met. I DO NOT recommend this doctor.

February 23rd, 2012
After 4 years, I have only seen the doctor once. At first I didn't like the staff, but there have been some changes in in-take personnel and it's better now. Dr. MacDonnell does prescribe Armour thyroid without pushing Synthroid or other synthetics. I usually see the PA but she doesn't spend much time with me, even when my TSH was 50, they just called and said to up my meds and test again in 6 weeks, not "How are you feeling,etc."

December 2nd, 2010
Dr MacDonnell is brillant she saved my life.

February 11th, 2010
This doctor does not prescribe certain drugs such as Tyl 3 and Ativan. You usually see the assistant, not the DR. They are disorganized and do not ensure that tests are done properly. I had to have some tests redone due to this and fasted when not required. I like their holistic approach. I want a holistic dr that can still prescribe narcotics if required.