inactive

Diane C Maiwald MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 11th, 2014
Much better Doctor's available
Problem for me was possible treatment plan for psoriasis - Mine is not severe and suggested treatments such as one that would require hospitalization every 6 months to biopsy my liver due to using certain drug, which may cause death, is a little extreme as a measure and not a cure. Other issues w/Dr. Maiwald: Medication not thoroughly explained and over prescribed high doses of cortisone creams. Does not convey much warmth or caring concern.

August 1st, 2012
WHAT A GREAT VISIT
Dr. Maiwald was so nice and happy to help me with my condition. the front desk was very friendly and great and getting me in to see the Dr. The nurse was so nice and welcomed me to the office, she was so sweet. A very pleasant office such a nice change of pace. I will recommend her to all my family and friends.

May 30th, 2012
Very pleased
I saw my family doctor for a condition I was having. He referred me to Dr. Maiwald. I had no trouble getting in to see the doctor. The office staff very friendly. Dr. Maiwald was so nice and easy to talk to. She took time explaining to me what I had and what to do to help the condition. So happy that my Doctor recommended Dr. Maiwald.

April 27th, 2012
A BREATH OF FRESH AIR
It was easy to make an appointment, and they were very accommadating when I needed to reschedule my original date and time. When seen by the dr. she was very patient listing to all my issues and made a through assessment of my condition. Gave me what I needed to get better and had a follow up vist. My condition imrpoved greatly from her treatment. Overall very happy with the office staff and Dr.Maiwald. Will recommend her to my friends and family.

March 15th, 2012
Very rude, rude staff, not convenient, not nice- Go somewhere else!
I have never been to a dermatologist that was as cold and not helpful as Dr. Maiwald. Her staff was difficult, she was rude, and didn't help me very much at all! Go somewhere else- I knew what I needed better than she did- it seemed like all she wanted me to do was come and do tons of office visits for a very small problem!

February 26th, 2012
Very Happy
I have been a patient of Dr. Maiwald's for about 7 years. I started out with some mild redness on my nose which I now do gentle waves for regularly, my skin looks amazing and I'm constantly recommending gentle waves to everyone. On my first visit she spent at least 20 minutes discussing my problem and options for treating this. More recently I had some skin keratosis removed with liquid nitrogen. I'm so glad I finally did this as they were really bothering me. If it hadn't been for one of the staff telling me about this when I came in for gw I wouldn't have known about this as my other doctor had recommend cutting them out which would have left scars.Dr. Maiwald is very knowledgeable in all of the different areas of dermatology and she is a very nice person. I recently had a problem with my car and she waited with me while I waited for AAA to come and she even made me some tea to drink.The office is a lovely old building which makes it seem like you are in a house rather than an doctor's office. The staff is very helpful and efficient and friendly. I'm always chatting with them when I come in.

February 24th, 2012
Overall I was pleased to just get my appointment in, had to change my original time at the next to last minute & the receptionist was very helpful in squeezing me in. The doctor was very nice & helpful. I recommended her to my best friend who's never met a doctor she's liked & even she was pleased.

February 24th, 2012
I was very happy with Dr.Maiwald's personable bedside manner. The way she explained everything to me. Her staff was very helpful and friendly. It was easy to make an apointment. I was seen on time, as well as the Dr. spending ample time with me. I would definitely recommend her to family and friends.

January 18th, 2012
Do yourself a favor, find another office to go to-It's not difficult!
No patience or bedside manner whatsoever. Didn't care about the patient, but more so the payment. When I walked up to the front desk to check in for my appointment, the receptionist was dozing off and clearly had an attitude because I woke her up. Maybe the doctor ought to give her more to do. As for the exam, not thorough at all and my skin issues were not resolved, or even helped. Do yourself a favor and find a better office to go to, it's not difficult

July 8th, 2010
DTJM
As I'm sure other mothers have done I had to take my two children(one in a stroller) to the office with me. It was an absolute nightmare. The exam rooms were the size of a hole in the wall. We were stuffed in their like sardines. Dr Maiwalds bedside manner stinks, her office workers are not friendly at all. I'll be going elsewhere from now on.

July 5th, 2010
was very happy with staff and Dr. I got fitted in with an emergency on a day she was very busy, and still didn't have to wait very long to be seen. She answered all my questions and concerns. Would highly recomend her to family and friends.

March 25th, 2010
People like her shouldnt be doctors.
People like her shouldnt be doctors. Does not care for patients. Spent with me less than 5 minutes, practically pushed me out the door. Did not answer my questions, did not help. I ended up going to another doctor for the same problem.