Dr. Diane Mrava Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Diane Mrava?

DR MRAVA

Posted on October 31st, 2016

I GUESS IM A BIT STUNNED AT A FEW OF THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS THAT SEEM TO BE FROM THE SAME PERSON. IN A NUTSHELL I LOVE DR MRAVA. SHE IS VERY NICE, FUNNY BUT ABOVE ALL KNOWLEDGEABLE. SHE ANSWERS EVERY QUESTION I HAVE AND I NEVER FEEL LIKE IM BEING RUSHED OR TREATED RUDELY. EVER.... I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS WHO WERE IN SEARCH OF AN OB/GYN.

Pregnancy

Posted on March 10th, 2015

Horrible doctor. This was my first child and I was considered an at risk pregnancy because of my age. My overall pregnancy went well. When it came time for delivery, my baby was not in the correct position. I was also 1 week past due. I had unusual contractions and was admitted. Later that night I received an epidural. I was not progressing so I was induced in the morning and Dr. Mrava broke my water. At this point, I had been in labor for 24 hours. They put an oxygen mask on me because my baby was in distress. At this point, I also got a fever and was out of it. My question is why didn't I get a C-section at this point...but no...this went on till Dr. Mrava left for the day hours later...she said she had somewhere to go. The next doctor on call came in and was horrified because there was poop in the bed that the nurse had just left there. At that point the baby was too far in the birth canal to do a C-section. I received an episiotomy and basically the doctor pulled my daughter out. The pediatric ICU had to come in but thankfully my daughter was ok. Every time I think of this it infuriates me. I do not want anyone else to have to go through what I did. Please do not put your precious child in Dr. Mrava's hands.

Very Compassionate

Posted on September 19th, 2013

I had a very high risk pregnancy and was very worried throughout whether I would make it to the end with a healthy baby. Dr Mrava was very attentive to all the issues and problems that I was having including possible preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. I even had a stay in the hospital for 10 days. Dr Mrava would come by every day and sit to talk with me about how things were going and when or if I could go home. The nurse told me that Dr Mrava was the only Dr in the practice that would actually take the time to stay and talk and answer any questions that I had. Toward the end of my pregnancy when we were going week by week and day by day to see if we needed to deliver or if we could wait another day and do another lab to check all the levels for me and the baby it was because of Dr Mrava caring and concern that we were able to make it to the day of the scheduled Csection and everything was perfect... including my baby! I will be forever grateful for Dr Mrava and I know that if it hadn't of been for her close watch and running tests every week we would not have had the outcome that we did!!!!

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on September 14th, 2013

I was Dr. Mrava's nurse for years. She was also my OB/GYN when I was trying to get pregnant back in 2004. It didn't matter to her if my ovulation fell on weekends, She would tell me to come to the office to do ultrasounds on me to confirm if I really ovulated or not. She was very gentle with her patients and very caring. Most of the time, she'd eat lunch in her office so she can catch up with phone calls to her patients to discuss their lab results. If she was still here in Newport News, I would highly recommend her to my friends.

Horrible

Posted on July 28th, 2013

Dr. Mrava has no bedside manner at all. She is cold, uncaring and rude. I only saw her because my other OB was ill. I don't know how she stays in this business, because she is awful! I would not recommend her to anyone!!!

Previous Patient

Posted on July 9th, 2013

Dr. Diane Mrava delivered my 3rd child. Out of my 3 deliveries, she was the most kind and compassionate. I had a really hard delivery; pushed for nearly 2 hours. Dr. Mrava was supportive, and patient. She was resistant to use forceps or suction, but when the time came, she gave me the choice, and discussed the options with both me and my husband. We had a vacuum assisted delivery, which wasn't ideal, but she was very reassuring and calming throughout a very stressful delivery. My baby girl was perfect. She respected me enough to let me make decisions during a very stressful delivery. I miss her! I am so sorry that Dr. Mrava left the Hampton area!

Do not see her.

Posted on February 14th, 2013

I gave birth to my son in 2007. I chose the practice because I was referred to one of the other ob/gyn's in the practice, who was great and actually delivered my second child. Dr. Mrava, delivered my first. The overall experience was something I will never forget, a horrible one at that. Everything was going smoothly for the first part of my labor. Probably because the doctor I went to see was on call. However, I did not deliver before her shift was over and Dr. Mrava was the next doctor on call. Things went downhill from there. Every thing about her was very cold. We felt as though we were an inconvenience to her. When it was time for me to push, she had her head down at the desk. There was a 10 minute time frame where I was pushing with out any doctor or nurse in the room! It was very very scary. My son was born without a heartbeat, or any breath in him. He was completely blue. He made it, thanks to the wonderful NICU staff, however, I believe none of this would have happened if it was not for this doctor's neglect.

Posted on May 2nd, 2011

bad experience for my second pregnancy, they are not caring or compassionate. searching for a new obgyn right now

Posted on June 7th, 2010

Dr. Mrava delivered all 3 of my children. She is very professional and caring and I would recommend her to any of my friends.

Posted on March 4th, 2010

SIMPLY EXCELLENT. I have had other visits to several different ob/gyn practices and none of them have compared. Dr. Mrava is outstanding i believe in not only being quick to diagnose the problem (which i need since i have 3 kids) but also in the kindness and patience of this facility.

horrible horrible horrible

Posted on December 14th, 2009

I sat in the exam room for over 3 hours. I had an appt however she did not complete the exam and after she realized it I had to be placed at the end of her appointments which kept me there until after 6pm when my appt was at 2pm. She never actually completed it another dr in the office did. she did not submit any of my test that i was required to take as an high risk pregnacy. she didn't answer question nor did she take the time to act like she cared. It was a horrible visit and I would never suggest anyone go there for any reason. she puts a black mark on this office and as they say "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch". Please pass this along.

Posted on February 9th, 2009

Unprofessional. No Bedside Manner. Changed Ob's after birth of my baby because of the POOR care Dr. Mrava distributed during my labor and delivery. The practice is good/average but she's definitely a black mark on it's overall record.