Dr. Diane Schweitzer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

June 15th, 2015
I know Dr Schweitzer from my days at MIT when I was a student and she was my physician. Since I was at MIT for 10 years total and she was my doctor for most of that time, I feel qualified to express my opinion that she is an excellent doctor. She is very concerned about her patients and followed up with me also when I had an emergency visit to the infirmary and was under the care of another physician. She also was thorough in diagnosis, examining even the potential of sickle cell anemia due to my Mediterranean grandfather since I was chronically iron deficient and exhausted. She also listened and paid attention to the stress factors in a student life as part of medical diagnosis. She was one of the best doctors I have ever had.

September 13th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr.Diane Schweitzer, for 11 years, she is a very dedicated and caring physician if it wasn't for her I would not be alive today!

April 26th, 2011
I changed my PCP
I saw her a year ago, and then changed to another PCP. I would not go back. She seemed to be a very kind person, although totally harried. Staff was rude, and left me waiting forever in an exam room with bloody bandages from the previous patient(s). Two other patient's medical records were also left open and unattended in plain view in the room with me; I can only imagine that others had similar access to my private records.

April 18th, 2011
Refreshing change...
She is awesome. She really takes the time and cares about your health.

October 29th, 2010
WOULD NOT GO BACK
A Nephrologist turned PCP is not a great combo. The staff has been trained to push you off and refuse to listen. Then they try to give policy lectures without being educated on the subjects or system which they are trying to avoid discussing. They answer most questions by saying that is another MD's problem; call them.Won't refill prescriptions when the Doc is on Vacation (the covering MD only for emergencies!)I guess running out of meds is not a valid enough problem.Does not follow through, scatterbrained and writing during the entire appointment NOT listening. Then hands a PILE of scripts for many medications and submits 6-8 claims to the insurance co.You have to have an appointment to speak to her. She has a Medical assistant call you back who cannot possibly handle complex medical questions nor relay them properly. I would not go back, nor would I feel safe sending a needy or elderly patient to this office.

October 28th, 2010
I have been with Dr. Schweitzer for 10 years and couldn't find a better primary care doctor than her.

June 29th, 2010
Scatterbrained
She is unorganized, writes incorrect notes - for example, in a follow-up she asked how my smoking cessation program was going and I have NEVER smoked in my life.

April 1st, 2010
Amazing Doctor
This doctor is so amazingly bright. She diagnoses my problem that no one else seemed to bother to do. She fit me in the second I called and the work up she did was thorough and allowed me to be treated immediately and get better right away. She told me when I would feel better and she was completely right