Dr. Diane Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 14th, 2016
Crappy Doctor Do Not GO!
I had to change to Dr. Smith due to my original doctor moving away. I was scheduled for a physical and the work for my first visit with her. When I got to the office on time, I got into the room,then waited for almost 1 hour before she came in. Her personality was stiff and stern, she wasn't very interested in what I was saying, and was more concerned in talking about how the front staff scheduled her to do too much with me for the first visit....I'm a 16 year cancer survivor, and it's best that I get blood work just to be safe....she said just cause i don't take RX drugs(I'm not much of a medicine taker if I don't need it), she sneered at me and said blood work was not needed. I needed a pap and she whined and said do we really have to do that today?....She hardly touched me and wanted to more or less talk about her life story,when she was growing up and so on. And one thing that made me very mad was, I had brought my 26 year old daughter with me. She suffers from Latrophobia(Extreme fear of doctors), due to a doctor hurting her as a child. She came with me to see if Dr. Smith was a nice person or not so that if she liked her,she'd take her as her doctor. Dr. Smith noticed her in the chair in the corner, her head down and her shaking and the forced my daughter to look her in the eyes as she rudely told her I'm not here for you I'm here for your mother, I'm not even interested in you. That made me very mad, the look on my poor daughter's face as she sat there feeling even more uncomfortable than when we got there. Unacceptable!....another thing that struck me about Dr. Smith, She boldly told me:"I'm not here to be your doctor, I'm not here to be your friend, I'm here to represent the insurance company and give you only the minimum treatment you need." I wanted to get right off the table and walk out then, but I couldn't as I did need to address some issues I'm having.She hardly did a physical on me,oh wow, she listened to my chest,looked in my ears and mouth and felt my breast....wow that was an exam for sure...NOT!.. She wasn't concerned with my mammogram appointment, and she said at the end of it all: "Done bother coming back until next year unless you get a cold or something's wrong, nice to meet you" and she briskly walked out leaving me steaming and my daughter terrified. Needless to say i'm taking my health and business to another doctor who cares and knows what they're doing.

June 13th, 2016
given the run around
went in for a yearly physical exam. have experienced occasional dizziness, weakness and and sweating, had a double bypass two years ago, MD felt it was my ears, EKG done or referral to my cardiologist. I also have a concerning lesion on my upper arm, which wasn't noticed during my PE. when I went to her on advice from my dermatologist, who couldn't see me, she said they are internal medicine they only treat the inside. they never do biopsies that would involve a stitch and I now have to be referred to a surgeon. Up on calling the dermatology office back I was told, "that is a lie" they do biopsies all the time there.

August 31st, 2015
Missed diagnosis
Dr. Smith seems professional and caring, but missed a few details on my blood work. I don't know whether this is her fault or the fault of her front office. In any case, my TSH levels were elevated (around 6.0 ) for a year without anyone calling me for follow-up care. I went for my yearly physical exam, and looking at my most recent bloodwork, she noticed my TSH levels were high. I asked how did they compare to last year's results, and that was when she finally saw what she neglected to see last year. I had been left untreated for over a year. OK, so it was just a thyroid condition, but what if it had been leukemia or some other blood disorder? I hate to think of the consequences. Needless to say, whether it was her fault or the fault of the front office, I will not be going back.

November 9th, 2011
Ok if you just need a PCP on your insurance
I have visited Dr. Smith 3 times and though she does the mandatory check ups, she has a tendency of relating my symptoms to her own medical history and how she managed them. But with the age difference between her and me, I am not sure how her symptoms is relevant in my case? Anyways, as the title states she is a good Doctor to have as a PCP as she can give you the required prescriptions and referrals if you need one urgently.

March 15th, 2011
Dr. Smith is at sixes and sevens, she is very nice but practices very poor medicine...she does a lot of paper shuffling but doesn't seem to know what she is looking for. she seems to be on the clock and does not listen well. SHE IS PROBABLY very good at Hospice care, but as a general internist I would not recommend her to anyone.

December 21st, 2010
I had an absolutely horrible experience with Dr. Smith. She was irresponsible in her recommendation for a next step for me to take. She did not know the procedure to send me for an ultrasound on my back. She also wrote down the wrong area for me to have an ultrasound. When it was found that nothing appeared on the ultra sound, I called to find out the next steps and she told me she could have me go for physical therapy...when she hadn't even diagnosed what was wrong with me! Completely unacceptable. And to boot, now I have a $400 bill from my insurance company for an appointment that she made me go to, that told me nothing. Oh and my back still hurts and is still undiagnosed.Do not visit this doctor.

November 12th, 2010
excellent
Dr Smith is excellent. She is frank, open and honest. I found her to be very helpful.

August 31st, 2010
Totally recommended
I am an otherwise healthy 28 year old woman aside from the crazy symptoms I have been complaining about for the past year bi had gone to my other PCP with these issues and I was told to seek a psychiatrist or go the "wait and see route" neither of which have done anything for me in the past year. Seeing Dr. Smith was the best thing I could have imagines. The office made sure that my first visit would give me enough time for the doctor to really get some solid info from me. Dr. Smith really listened and took the time to THINK about what to look for. I also was able to get in as a new patient the same day I called and everyone in the office was above and beyond friendly. I would recommend this doctor to anyone!

December 12th, 2016