Dr. Dianna Quan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 26th, 2017
MEAN JUST A MEAN PERSON
I was referred to Dr. Quan for loss of motor function , wasting of the muscle in my right leg, difficulty swallowing and the inability to hold items in my hand. My primary care doctor wanted a second opinion on what he believed to be motor neuron disease or ALS . My experience with Dr. Quan was hands down, one of the worst doctor’s experiences I have had in my life. Right from the beginning of the appointment Dr. Quan was exceedingly rude. She refused to let me finish my sentences and even became irritated by my use of non - medical terminology when trying to answer her questions about my symptoms and their history. At one point, I felt so uncomfortable in the appointment that I literally stopped to ask her why or how I had frustrated her and told her I was sorry for whatever I may have done to be treated so poorly. Being as though I had to wait months to see this doctor, I made a point to come to my appointment as a prepared patient with a list of symptoms and questions. I wanted to make the most out of the appointment that I could because Kaiser rarely refers outside of the network.She had no interest in answering questions nor did she even allow me to show her the specific problems I was speaking about. Before seeing Dr. Quan , we were advised by our in network Neurologist with Kaiser, to record any symptoms or changes in my progression so that we had documentation to show her in case the symptoms weren’t presenting at the time of the visit. She refused to acknowledge the recordings as well. We werealso given a CD with my MRI’s and EMG’s at Kaiser and instructed to bring them along to the visit with Dr. Quan and upon giving her the CD for her to view, without even looking at its contents, she became irritated that we did not have the paperwork with the CD so that she could review the results. We reminded her that the paperwork was electronic and on the CD at which point she reluctantly and quickly flipped through its contents in an agitated manor saying “ I’m a neurologist not a radiologist!” until she finally located the written results she was looking for. Even the neurological exam itself was rougher then any other neuro exam I have had to date. This appointment left us with such a poor taste in our mouths that we will never return to University Hospital for any referrals again. For anyone considering an appointment with Dr. Quan , from one patient to another , I urge you strongly to reconsider and find another neurologist who has a better reputation for patient centered care.Do not waste your time and or money here!

April 11th, 2014
Dismissive, inaccurate, unhelpful
I had a negative experience with Dr Quan. I found her to be dismissive and lacking empathy. She reluctantly ordered additional tests upon my concerns and request. When asked whether she would be doing the lumbar puncture that she had ordered for me, she said she had better things to do with her time. At the end of our meeting, I asked about potential research trials that I might benefit from. She said she had no idea and suggested I look into it myself. Ultimately, what was most concerning was that she provided me an inaccurate diagnosis. After being unsatisfied with her assessment, I sought a second opinion at the Mayo Clinic where I was given a completely different diagnosis and treatment recommendations. When I asked about the validity of Dr Quan's diagnosis, I was told there was nothing to support what she had told me.

July 21st, 2009