Dr. Dianne Runk MD Patient Reviews

March 8th, 2016
I'M SO HAPPY TO HAVE HER AS MY DR. SHE'S THE BEST

February 25th, 2016
Never again
Never again will I see this doctor. She might be well educated but needs a lesson in Doctor/patient relations. She talks to you like you are a complete moron.

September 18th, 2015
breast abcess surgery
Hi. Dr. Runk just performed surgery on me for a breast abcess I had. This infection was going on for 7 weeks. Dr. Runk did her best to do aspirations to remove the infection. Instead of surgery. After several office visits and how much pain I was experiencing, the only option was surgery. I will say... I was starting to get very frustrated and second guess her. Dr. Runk called me at home several times to reassure me of my condition and what needs to be done. So, I put all my trust and faith in her and went forward with the surgery. I could not be happier. The surgery was a success. She did her best to make only a small incision to help with pain and scarring. If your looking for a breast surgeon that is wRm and fuzzy and babies you, then Dr. Runk is not for you. She is very much a straight shooter and a little more on the serious side. I will take that any day oppose to a more gentle Dr. who will baby you and possibly not be as good at her skill. I highly recommend Dr. Runk!!!!

April 27th, 2015
Excellant!
Can't say enough good about Dr Runk!

March 3rd, 2014
worst doctor
Bad bedside manner. Was rude to my family. Was wrong about diagnosis. Talks to you like your idiot. Not compassionate. She should not be doing this work. She did not follow up she doesnt care.

December 31st, 2013
No sugar coating
I love that Dr. Runk is straight forward and doesn't sugar coat anything. Some people take this as rude or egotistical, but it's not. She is upfront and honest and presents facts to back up her opinion. She takes the time to listen and explain all procedures and after care. She was even there to prep me for surgery. I'm glad I was referred to her as she came highly recommended.

August 14th, 2012
Dr Dismissive
Runk is dismissive, defensive, and uncompassionate. She underplayed the possibility of chemo, did not explain procedures or outcomes, and blatantly ignored obvious issues. Direct questions and concerns were dismissed and she didnt have the time or inclination review my pathology report with me. She questioned doctors outside her field which might be okay except that he was the one who spent time researching the problem and consulting other experts; she was simply angry that her opinion was questioned and took it out on me. Her follow-up care is abysmal and resulted in needless pain and worry for months after surgery. I stopped believing her because everything circled back to her ego rather than anything I needed medically. Its a dark, scary place when you life is on the line.

April 16th, 2012
Be Careful
First of all, I wish I had taken the negative comments in previous reviews more seriously. Even if you lovec Dr. Rink, get a second opinion. While I can't dispute she is a good surgeon, I don't think she is a good doctor in terms of following up when complications arise. I acquired an infection from surgery which she insisted was healed despite the fact that I reported pain and restricted movement in my arm. When I went for a second opinion I learned that I had a loculated infection for which I had to have another surgery and intensive IV antibiotics delivered through a pic line. Had she been more attentive to my concerns, I would

December 10th, 2011
Complete confidence
Doctor Runk is kind, caring, compassionate and so easy to rate her. Excellent.

June 2nd, 2011
I am going thru breast cancer for the second time, and Dr. Runk is fabulous. She has never let me down. Very professional and caring. Two thumbs up to Dianne Runk!!!!!

April 2nd, 2011
Best
I am a male cancer patient who is helping a female friend through her cancer treatments. Between the two of us, I have encountered 5 different surgeons as well as a host of oncologists and other doctors. Cancer is not a good time and Dr. Runk is not there to be your supporting best friend. Go into it with that in mind and you will find that what she is is the best surgeon for breast cancer in the area. She is absolutely, the best surgeon for this type of work in the area; we got 3 "second opinions" and went back to Dr. Runk because she was without a doubt, the best. My friend was very apprehensive and Dr. Runk provided her with constant visits, telephone calls and the like to reassure her. One would hope to never need her services but if you do, don't bother looking any further, you've got the best

February 21st, 2011
SCARY
I went to this doc with a hard, palpable lump in my breast. CANCER. I had some microcalcifications on my mammo which were new. I had even gotten an ultrasound. She talked in a vague, circuitous fashion, not recommending a biopsy. When I asked if I could get a needle biopsy, she told me, "No." This was how I was diagnosed. She basically sent me out of the office with a mass that should have been biopsied. By the time I was diagnosed, I needed chemo, and I am still dealing with the afteraffects. If I had not had a great surgeon, I would have lost my breast, as well. Dr. Runk is NOT competent when it comes to breast cancer. Her attitude is quite nonchalent. I'd have to agree with others who have said she could be more concerned. My situation was a matter of life or death. She goofed up big time.