Surgical Specialist

Excellant! show details Excellant!
by Lea on Apr 27th, 2015

Can't say enough good about Dr Runk!

worst doctor show details worst doctor
Mar 3rd, 2014

Bad bedside manner. Was rude to my family. Was wrong about diagnosis. Talks to you like your idiot. Not compassionate. She should not be doing this work. She did not follow up she doesnt care.

No sugar coating show details No sugar coating
by Mandy on Dec 31st, 2013

I love that Dr. Runk is straight forward and doesn't sugar coat anything. Some people take this as rude or egotistical, but it's not. She is upfront and honest and presents facts to back up her opinion. She takes the time to listen and explain all procedures and after care. She was even there to prep me for surgery. I'm glad I was referred to her as she came highly recommended.

Dr Dismissive show details Dr Dismissive
Aug 14th, 2012

Runk is dismissive, defensive, and uncompassionate. She underplayed the possibility of chemo, did not explain procedures or outcomes, and blatantly ignored obvious issues. Direct questions and concerns were dismissed and she didnt have the time or inclination review my pathology report with me. She questioned doctors outside her field which might be okay except that he was the one who spent time researching the problem and consulting other experts; she was simply angry that her opinion was questioned and took it out on me. Her follow-up care is abysmal and resulted in needless pain and worry for months after surgery. I stopped believing her because everything circled back to her ego rather than anything I needed medically. Its a dark, scary place when you life is on the line.

Be Careful show details Be Careful
Apr 16th, 2012

First of all, I wish I had taken the negative comments in previous reviews more seriously. Even if you lovec Dr. Rink, get a second opinion. While I can't dispute she is a good surgeon, I don't think she is a good doctor in terms of following up when complications arise. I acquired an infection from surgery which she insisted was healed despite the fact that I reported pain and restricted movement in my arm. When I went for a second opinion I learned that I had a loculated infection for which I had to have another surgery and intensive IV antibiotics delivered through a pic line. Had she been more attentive to my concerns, I would

DR RUNK IS THE GREATEST show details DR RUNK IS THE GREATEST
Dec 19th, 2011

Dr. Runk has been my breast surgeon since 2005. I have had 2 breast cancer accurances, and both times she has been awesome. I would recommend her to anyone. There is no sweeter physician, I know. Tracey Sterling

Complete confidence show details Complete confidence
Dec 10th, 2011

Doctor Runk is kind, caring, compassionate and so easy to rate her. Excellent.

Jun 2nd, 2011

I am going thru breast cancer for the second time, and Dr. Runk is fabulous. She has never let me down. Very professional and caring. Two thumbs up to Dianne Runk!!!!!

Best show details Best
Apr 2nd, 2011

I am a male cancer patient who is helping a female friend through her cancer treatments. Between the two of us, I have encountered 5 different surgeons as well as a host of oncologists and other doctors. Cancer is not a good time and Dr. Runk is not there to be your supporting best friend. Go into it with that in mind and you will find that what she is is the best surgeon for breast cancer in the area. She is absolutely, the best surgeon for this type of work in the area; we got 3 "second opinions" and went back to Dr. Runk because she was without a doubt, the best. My friend was very apprehensive and Dr. Runk provided her with constant visits, telephone calls and the like to reassure her. One would hope to never need her services but if you do, don't bother looking any further, you've got the best

SCARY show details SCARY
Feb 21st, 2011

I went to this doc with a hard, palpable lump in my breast. CANCER. I had some microcalcifications on my mammo which were new. I had even gotten an ultrasound. She talked in a vague, circuitous fashion, not recommending a biopsy. When I asked if I could get a needle biopsy, she told me, "No." This was how I was diagnosed. She basically sent me out of the office with a mass that should have been biopsied. By the time I was diagnosed, I needed chemo, and I am still dealing with the afteraffects. If I had not had a great surgeon, I would have lost my breast, as well. Dr. Runk is NOT competent when it comes to breast cancer. Her attitude is quite nonchalent. I'd have to agree with others who have said she could be more concerned. My situation was a matter of life or death. She goofed up big time.

by MKay on Jun 17th, 2010

Dianne Runk is the perfect combination of an excellent professional that makes her patient feel confident, along with a compassionate side that made me feel as though she sincerely cares about me.

by Amy B on May 19th, 2010

Dr Runk is very upfront and informative. She even sat down with me and spent an hour going through all of my petential surgical and treatment options and didn't charge me for the appt. What docter does that?? I appreciated her honest, straightforward approach but also felt like she really listened to my concerns and worries. I would definitely recommend her to others.

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
by Becky Goble on Apr 20th, 2010

I had a very good experience with Dr. Runk and have referred anyone looking for a surgeon to see her. She was very upfront and knowledgeable about my condition. She didn't pull any punches and that might be perceived by some as discourteous. To me it was just what I needed. She was right about my condition when a biopsy was wrong and took steps to ensure that I only had one surgery when she could have made more money by performing two. Thank God for leading me to Red Bank and Dr. Runk

Mar 2nd, 2010

She needs to have more compassion for her patients. She may be good at what she does, but she left me feeling like I should not even try to fight the cancer instead of fighting for my life.

Dec 18th, 2009

Dr. Runk is a skilled surgeon. However, she was dismissive of my concerns and worse, did not give me important information on which I could make a fully informed decision about my treatment. I could not recommend her to others.