Overall Review

3.4

May 30th, 2016
Medically hopeless
Dr. Sacco has done my kidney stone surgeries a couple of times and she has been great. I trust her completely . She may be a little abrupt with her patients but she knows what she is doing . The only I would have to say is she might want to spend a little more time with her patients instead of running in their rooms after surgery because they need some reassurance from some they know and not from people who are on her team who sometimes are very friendly and the patients do not know.

November 10th, 2015
Have had 2 visits with Dr. Sacco and find her to be incredibly professional, thorough, patient and thoughtful. Am very pleased with her approach and solution to my medical issues. She's definitely a 5* doctor. Thanks MGH for offering such quality care.

March 24th, 2015
Saved my life and took into consideration my feelings.

January 21st, 2015
I had the awful experience of having kidney stones for the first time and was in so much pain. Dr. Sacco monitored me and allowed me extra time to "Pass" the stone rather than rush into surgery. I found her to be extremely through and truly concerened. I did have to finally have the stone surgerically removed, and Dr. Sacco did a great job. I continue to see Dr. Sacco for follow up and methods for elimination of kidney stones in the future.

December 30th, 2013
Dismissed!
I had my 4th appointment with Dr, Sacco following kidney stone surgery. The day before this appointment, I had unbearable pain and recognized it as the same pain as kidney stones. When she entered the room, she immediately went to the computer without even looking at me. She spent most of the appointment editing my previous appointment notes to include them for this day's visit. The ultra-sound did not show a stone, I asked for a CT scan. She was hesitant given the number of CT scans I had already had -- I am grateful that she is concerned about the level of radiation to which I have been exposed. She ordered the CT Scan, without ordering the blood work required. I called her office for the results and her secretary told me that the scan did show a stone. She would have Dr. Sacco call me that afternoon. She did not! So, I ended up in the emergency room that night. I felt disrespected and my concerns were dismissed. Now, I dismiss her as my urologist.

March 6th, 2013
I saw Dr.Sacco because I referred to her from the ER, stating she was the best "stone" person at MGH. I met with her for 15 minutes and she explained the surgery that I will have in the next few days. Like others have said, the over-booking and wait time is frustrating and extremely unprofessional. My appointment was changed to an hour earlier than it had been originally scheduled and still I waited over an hour to see her. I had some concerns wanting another test done due to some family history, but did not feel as though she understood my fears/anxieties since we never got to discuss this. I felt very rushed. I had to call her office several times because my antibiotics were not ready at my pharmacy. Although I had told her secretary the name and number of my pharmacy, they sent it to a different one..and I didn't know it. I called again for something different and got the answering service -- very rude and abrupt response! Since I didn't get a return phone call after two messages with the service, I wasn't sure if they passed the messages along to the office. I will post again after I have the surgery and go through the recovery period.

January 23rd, 2013
Very sweet, but I am impatient
I like Dr. Sacco bedside manner. She explained things well and told me what to expect for surgery. I am a 28 year old female who suffers from Medullary Sponge Kidney, a rare congenital kidney disease. Books say this disease is benign but to me and 500 others I have found, this disease needs new research as there isn't much info about it. We suffer from chronic pain, frequent UTI's, and many many kidney stones. Dr. Sacco agreed that MSK can be painful from all of the little stones that are in the meat of the kidney. Having a Urologist say that after suffering and progressively getting worse since 2003 made me cry. She was compassionate about it and agreed to do billateral surgery to help relieve pain. Our first initial meeting though took forever! I traveled four hours to see her. I waited in the waiting room for three hours, because they over booked. Absolutely unnecessary when you deal with daily pain. Our actual appt. After finally getting in was maybe 15 mins. But, I felt good about everything when I finally left. Less than two weeks later was surgery, everything went smoothly and we took the four hour ride home. Dr. Sacco made me feel comfortable and we enjoyed good conversation. I wish Mass General offered more hospitality though, we didn't have extra money for a hotel so the ride home was awful. Anyway, two days later I ended up with kidney failure because of Toradol. It was giving to me through IV at my local hospital because I could not control the pain from stents after removing them myself. Overall, I like Dr. Sacco, I do not like the wait times or the staff. When I call in, I always get a nasty receptionist. I could do without that nonsense.

May 12th, 2012
Incompetent
I went to this Dr years ago when she was a resident at MGH Urology Dept. I was experiencing issues with frequency. At the time, I had just graduated and had no insurance so I was stuck seeing her because her schedule was wide open (I later discovered why!). She ran some tests and I kept scheduling follow-up appointments as my symptoms persisted. She became frustrated with me, unable to diagnose the cause of my symptoms. She said that she thought my issues were causes by stress and put me on diazepan (I have never had any diagnosis of this type in the past and had never had any type of therapy). I briefly took the pills but they made me more mellow than I already am and my frequency issues persisted. Hesitantly, I scheduled a follow up with Urology and was again stuck with her because she was a resident and not a competent one at that and since I had free care, she was the only one with an open schedule. She was very upset with me, asked me what as going on in my life (?)and and said she would order a pelvic MRI but knew it was a waste of time and money since she was convinced it was a mental thing. It turned out I had a 4.5 cm ovarian cyst that was impinging on my bladder that had to be surgically removed (by a skilled Dr). When I went back to her for the results, she was very sheepish and could not give eye contact. Her attending was present the entire time, clearly realizing her error and determining she needed more oversight. He assured me that I was not crazy and in essence admitted she made a mistake in prescribing sedatives. Hopefully, Dr. Sacco has improved with time and experience in listening to patients and properly diagnosing their conditions but this is a cautionary tale that patients need to be vigilant with their own health care and do not trust that simply going to a Harvard-educated Dr in a world class hospital, mistakes are never made.

May 9th, 2012
excellent
Very busy office but worth the wait knowing I am going to get very good medical care . Dr. Sacco has done my kidney surgery a number of time and have always felt comfortable with the procdures.I have been going her for seven years now.

August 2nd, 2011
fantastic!
I've had nothing but a great experince with Dr Sacco. She always has the patient's best interest in mind!

June 28th, 2011
Complain on Dr. Dianne Sacco
Dr. Sacco is not a loyal one. She is not polite. She is very rude and lier. After 3 times having emergency situations and being hospitalized for kidney stones (11 stones)she at last agreed to perform a surgery and sceduled on Wendsday, but called me again and said that I have to wait one more week. It is disgusting... How a patient can wait one more week if he has 11 stones and always in terrible pain even if taking their prescribed medicines.Shame on you Dianne Sacco!!!