A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Diego Hernandez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Diego Hernandez, MD is board certified in Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Unstable Angina
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Hernandez graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis.
Dr. Hernandez has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hernandez accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 7 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans