A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dimitri Azar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dimitri Azar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Azar
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Azar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dimitri Azar, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Neovascularization
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Fungal eye infections
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Azar graduated from American University Of Beirut. He has 14 awards.
Dr. Azar has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago Eye & Ear Infirmary
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dimitri T Azar MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Dimitri T. Azar practice?
- Dr. Dimitri Azar has 2 office locations.
Dr. Dimitri Azar practices Ophthalmology near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Ophthalmologists.