A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dimitri Azar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dimitri Azar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Azar
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Azar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dimitri Azar, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Neovascularization
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Fungal eye infections
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Azar graduated from American University Of Beirut. He has 14 awards.
Dr. Azar has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago Eye & Ear Infirmary
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dimitri T Azar MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Dimitri T. Azar practice?
- Dr. Dimitri Azar has 2 office locations.
Dr. Dimitri Azar practices Ophthalmology near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Ophthalmologists.