A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dimitri Azar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dimitri Azar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dimitri Azar, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Neovascularization
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Fungal eye infections
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Azar graduated from American University Of Beirut. He has 14 awards.
Dr. Azar has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- The University of Chicago Medicine
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dimitri T Azar MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Dimitri T. Azar practice?
- Dr. Dimitri Azar has 3 office locations.
Dr. Dimitri Azar practices Ophthalmology near Chicago, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, MA.
See Chicago Ophthalmologists.