A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dimitrios Apostolou:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dimitrios Apostolou is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dimitrios Apostolou, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Esophageal Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Lung Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Apostolou graduated from University Of Athens. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Apostolou has 23 hospital affiliations:
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Apostolou accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
- Anthem - 33 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Dimitrios A. Apostolou practice?
Dr. Dimitrios Apostolou practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Adult Medicine near Pontiac, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Novi, MI and Southfield, MI.
See Pontiac Surgeons and Pontiac Family Physicians.