Dr. Dina Strachan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dina Strachan?

April 26th, 2017

Humiliated

Dr Strachan is so condescending that it's down right embarrassing! It's almost like she lives to insult you, the patient! I left her office feeling so humiliated. Not only was she unsuccessful in helping me with my skin, she rushed me and barely said 5 words to me. A very rude woman! Thankfully I found a new doctor in the same area who is pleasant & works wonders!

October 8th, 2016

Go somewhere else!

I really wish that I had looked at reviews before seeing this Dr. She left a lasting impression on me in the worst way possible. I literally left in tears because she was so rude and unsympathetic. It's also very bizarre that I've seen her and/or her staff fight with people who write reviews on some other reviewing websites. Very reluctant to acknowledge that this is not how a doctor should treat her patients.

September 30th, 2016

Tried her despite reviews, only to find reviews were accurate - Rushed experience.

A very rushed session. (If) Dr. Strachan turns out to be a good Dermatologist i.e - Her diagnosis of what was going on with my skin was accurate from 5 feet away and based on other patients who have the same form of dermatitis (despite our various lifestyle habits, diets, etc etc), then I would say Dr. Strachan is a miracle dermatologist and would excuse the brief experience and be appreciative that she recognized my ailment from a mile away. However, bedside manner and spending time with a patient and asking questions and allowing them to ask questions is all part of the process that I feel myself and many others feel robbed of. I certainly felt rushed and didn't feel comfortable enough to ask all the questions I needed to comfortably or have a conversation about the proposed treatment options. A little disappointing. I'd like my doctor to care or at least pretend to care. It was otherwise a very sterile experience and I'm waiting to see if the diagnosis was accurate and as a result the prognosis.

March 25th, 2016

DO NOT VISIT THIS DOCTOR

I really don't spend time writing reviews if not necessary, but I think I should find the time to write about this person who calls herself doctor. The people who wrote bad reviews about her, I can totally relate to their stories. First things first, her staff and PA should be the actually dermatologist. This lady is the rudest doctor I have ever came across. When she entered the room her demeanour And facial expression could tell that she is very nasty. She doesn't listen to your concerns and each time I wanted to make a statement, she would interrupt. She told me I needed a chemical peel and before I could ask what's the purpose of it, the door was slammed in my face. I had to ask her PA to explain the procedure. She's a very condescending, ill-mannered person, she acting all bourgeoisie as if she's better than her patients. All she cares about is getting her money from insurance companies. Like they say good, better, best and I will never ever come back to see this woman. Her practice will be closing very soon if she continues to be so cold and callous towards her patients. There's lots of other African american dermatologists that we can visit. She could shred my information cause am done. This was my third or fourth visit but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt because people really have bad days, but don't mix your personal life with work. All of my visits were the same so am done!!!!!

February 19th, 2016

My experience was excellent. The staff was pleasant...the wait time wasn't long and the office was clean. Dr. S was courteous and very friendly. She answered all of my questions and I didn't feel rushed. I can't wait to go back for my peel!!

February 12th, 2016

Worst

Maybe the single worst doctors visit I have ever experienced. The doctor never touched me once, argued with me, interrupted me, and barked at me. Did not ask me any questions, and handed me a coupon for half price of a very expensive barrier cream and walked off. Condescending and lacks feeling, that was some money I threw out the window allright.

April 7th, 2015

As always, I come here hoping that my experience will be better/improved from my last visit. Sadly, I was disappointed yet again. I was on time for my appointment but ended up waiting an extra 45 mins. The wait times aren't my issue, though, as physicians fall behind and are inundated with patients. My issue is the rudeness of both staff and physician. There is young Asian receptionist who is an absolute hurricane of a b…well you know what I was about to type, folks. She gave me undue attitude when I questioned her about an outstanding bill, as if I don't have a right to ask questions about bills from YOUR office?! All I could do is shake my head while sitting in that waiting room, agahst, at the blatant narcissism of her Ivy league plaques and magazine features splattered across the walls. The elitism is dripping in that waiting area. When I was finally called in to an examining room, Strachan came in a few moments later, asking me about how my acne was. I was confused, as I do not have acne, have never been treated for acne in her office and I had told the nurse the reason for my visit which had NOTHING to do with acne. She interrupted me throughout my 3 minutes in the room and as swiftly as she came in, she was out in a flash...much like Flash actually. Over the course of my 5 or so visits to her office, Strachan has shown herself to be rude and impatient. She has ZERO bedside manner, and this is coming from a fellow female African-American physician. Stay away from this woman if you are looking for a good doctor, who is both knowledgable and personable. I have rotated and worked alongside multiple physicians from medical school up through the present time, and I most certainly know a good doctor when I see one. You can rattle off all your accolades until you are blue in the face, because it will not change the fact that you are a rude and uncaring physician, Dina.

April 6th, 2015

Terrible bedside manner

March 29th, 2015

Poor Bedside Manner

She has no bedside manner; poor communicator; cold and detached. Would not go back. She is only about getting your money and prescribing you a bunch of meds without telling you about long term treatment. Truly disappointed because I was looking for a good African American dermatologist.

May 6th, 2014

Great Improvement

There has been significant improvement at Aglow. I think having hired a PA (with great bedside manner) to help with the patient load, Dr, Strachan seems to be less stressed and exercises much more patience and tolerance. My observation is that she is a bit calmer and no longer rushed/hurried to churn patients out. The staff is very friendly and professional. I will definitely recommend Aglow. I gave "follow up" 3 stars only because there has not been a need for a "follow-Up" for my visits.

April 15th, 2014

God blessed some to be successful and some to be kind & caring

My experience with Dr. Strachan was a total dissappointment. She was cold, condescending and abrupt. I'd visited her in 2008 and she was a different person. I do not know what has taken place since then, but I will kept her in prayer. During my visit, her PA me with me first and collected some information about the reason for my visit. I found her to be kind and professional. The two latter qualities must be hard to acquire, because the doctor left a whole lot to be desired. The doctor walks into the office and introduces herself in a cold, superior manner and lacking a smile. It was as if she was doing me a favor by gracing the exam room with her presence. She reiterated my concerns, and asked if I used sunscreen. I expressed my concerns about the different ingredients found in sunscreens that may be toxic. She looked at me in a not so pleasant way and then began to speak to me in a condescending tone. She stated that research is not looking on the internet, and that a lot of the claims made are about research, is done on rats. Oh my, I was wondering if maybe she owns a sunscreen company, because she almost seemed irritated by my statement. It seemed as if she wanted to debate with me by continuing ask ME what's toxic about the sunscreen ingredients. I asked her at least three times to recommend a natural sunscreen before getting an answer. It almost seemed as if she did not want to share the knowledge. If I am not aware, please doctor, educate your patients. She diagnosed my skin condition, but offered not advice on how to treat or repair it. She never touched my skin, and just walked around starring at me. I mentioned having several moles, and she said that one day I should get a mole check. One day? What about today? The visit was ended weird and abruptly, after which she seemed to just start walking towards the door. I don't know why I thanked her. I guess because I was just raised to treat people the way that I want to be treated. I realized that professional success, does not make us a personal success. Success also does not make us happy or kind. I will continue to pray.

March 5th, 2014

Great experience

Great office staff. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Nicole spends as much time as necessary and answers every question. Never feel rushed. Flexible in helping to find the right solution and offering options.