Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

May 23rd, 2012

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He destroyed my vision in an eye he did cataract surgery on. Three hours waiting time during office visits A dog wandering around the office is not professional as well as unclean. Not enough staff (1). Very unhappy with results of surgery!!!!

|  Second to none  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

Dr. Chawla is one of the most highly trained retinal specialists in the Northeast. His care and acumen in his field is in the top 5% anywhere. If you have a problem or retinal condition that requires treatment or surgery he is the man to see.His office waits can be onerous but all patients are dialated and require varying times with the doctor.

|  Dr. SAVED my Vision! THANK YOU!  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

I woke-up with a detached retina - 3-days after a complete check up by the exceptional Dr. Alan Robbins. Robbins is a long time family friend - and immediately scheduled me for Surgery to SAVE my eye with (in his opinion) one of the top-two Retinal Surgeons in the NorthEast. Dr. Chawla say me after hours in the hospital ALL EVENING!? He Immediately performed intensive micro-surgery INSIDE my eye - re-attaching my gossamer-thin Retina TO my inner eye! 6 1/2 hours! He explained SO MUCH to me. I have a Science background - and his knowledge and acumen was Extremely impressive. He SAVED me. I know he is from a 'less formal' cultural background and his rapport with patients may be more sweet and endearing than many 'western' doctors - but he is a remarkable man. His Cousin was a Female Mission Specialist on the SPACE SHUTTLE! He is a sweet man and AMAZING dexterity and precision!!! I read a couple 'strange' things here, perhaps from people who don't 'like' Indian-Americans - but Chawla is a very sweet, kind guy. Now: I have TWO eyes instead on one! -Rev. Dave Moore

Nov 15th, 2010

Very caring

Aug 16th, 2010

I saw Dr. Chawla for several visits. While I was impressed with his diagnosis and treatment of my condition, I was appalled with his social inappropriateness. The man flirted with me the whole time I was there, while his wife was at the front desk. He impressed me as kind of creepy - his advances were certainly not welcome.

Jun 19th, 2009

The absolutely worst doctor in ophthalmology period. Disgusting, dirty office. This guy has ruined the vision of many and I warn you to go elsewhere before it's too late and your vision is gone. This guy's knowledge is so limited and his diagnostic tests are poorly done by under-trained technicians. For the sake of your health and your vision, find a reputable eye doctor STAT.