TERRIFIC show details TERRIFIC
by Arlene Gold on Apr 20th, 2015

he is FANTASTIC! I've actually been traveling from Queen to Rochester to see him. I didn't want any other opthamoligist working on me. And, now I'm back in Rochester, for good, and still seeing him.

Apr 1st, 2015

Dr. Chawla is a wonderful caring doctor. I would recommend to anyone.

Worst experience ever show details Worst experience ever
Mar 23rd, 2015

Arrived for my appt 15 min early filled out all papers was taken to back had eyes dismayed an placed in a waiting area with 5 others who already been waiting a hour I sat 2 hrs along with these other people only to listen to the dr on the phone laughing an having a good old conversation with a friend for almost 3 hrs while we all sat there he never seen 1 patient the whole time I was there almost 3 plus hours there was 5 of us in the back an there was 4 out front waiting to se him I left along with 3 other people worst experience I ever had hands down what a joke strong should fire this guy

May 23rd, 2012

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He destroyed my vision in an eye he did cataract surgery on. Three hours waiting time during office visits A dog wandering around the office is not professional as well as unclean. Not enough staff (1). Very unhappy with results of surgery!!!!

Second to none show details Second to none
May 26th, 2011

Dr. Chawla is one of the most highly trained retinal specialists in the Northeast. His care and acumen in his field is in the top 5% anywhere. If you have a problem or retinal condition that requires treatment or surgery he is the man to see.His office waits can be onerous but all patients are dialated and require varying times with the doctor.

Dr. SAVED my Vision! THANK YOU! show details Dr. SAVED my Vision! THANK YOU!
May 20th, 2011

I woke-up with a detached retina - 3-days after a complete check up by the exceptional Dr. Alan Robbins. Robbins is a long time family friend - and immediately scheduled me for Surgery to SAVE my eye with (in his opinion) one of the top-two Retinal Surgeons in the NorthEast. Dr. Chawla say me after hours in the hospital ALL EVENING!? He Immediately performed intensive micro-surgery INSIDE my eye - re-attaching my gossamer-thin Retina TO my inner eye! 6 1/2 hours! He explained SO MUCH to me. I have a Science background - and his knowledge and acumen was Extremely impressive. He SAVED me. I know he is from a 'less formal' cultural background and his rapport with patients may be more sweet and endearing than many 'western' doctors - but he is a remarkable man. His Cousin was a Female Mission Specialist on the SPACE SHUTTLE! He is a sweet man and AMAZING dexterity and precision!!! I read a couple 'strange' things here, perhaps from people who don't 'like' Indian-Americans - but Chawla is a very sweet, kind guy. Now: I have TWO eyes instead on one! -Rev. Dave Moore

Nov 15th, 2010

Very caring

Aug 16th, 2010

I saw Dr. Chawla for several visits. While I was impressed with his diagnosis and treatment of my condition, I was appalled with his social inappropriateness. The man flirted with me the whole time I was there, while his wife was at the front desk. He impressed me as kind of creepy - his advances were certainly not welcome.

Jun 19th, 2009

The absolutely worst doctor in ophthalmology period. Disgusting, dirty office. This guy has ruined the vision of many and I warn you to go elsewhere before it's too late and your vision is gone. This guy's knowledge is so limited and his diagnostic tests are poorly done by under-trained technicians. For the sake of your health and your vision, find a reputable eye doctor STAT.