Emergency Physician, Internist, Physiatrists

1045 W Stephenson St
Freeport, IL 61032
815-599-6177
Locations and availability (2)

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by James W. on Feb 15th, 2013

I read this other guys review who wrote two bad reviews because of his distaste for Dr. Sharma, go find a new doctor instead of dwelling on it. I've been going to Dr. Sharma for about 2 years now. I'm 27 and have the spine of a 90 year old with severe spinal stenosis, 4 severely compressed vertebra, dehydration between the vertebra, and a bunch of other neat things that cause me severe pain on a daily occasion. He has been very nice and concerned about my pain and has been there every step of the way. We got to a medication that works well for me and we stuck with it. I currently call his office once a month to pick up my prescription and go in to see him once every 3-4 months for updates. So far i can say Dr. Sharma is the best pain management specialist in the valley. I have seen 2 others that were of no help to me at all. Thank you Dr. Sharma, keep up the good work and don't listen to the guy whose got issues above, you're definitely a great doctor.

|  He helped my neck pain after my surgery  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

My neck surgery took two days and my surgeon did not explain what he did...Dr Sharma examined me and explained the type of procedure I had and helped relieve the pain with a nerve block....I would recommend him to everyone.

|  Finally a Doctor that listens and explains the problem  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2012

I saw many doctors for more than a year for my back problem...Dr Sharma helped me the most....he listened, reviewed all my tests and provided treatment that helped me the most...Thanks, Dr Sharma

|  Very Professional MD  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2012

This Doctor takes the time to listen and explains your diagnosis...he will give you the options for treatment....very good doctor...

|  EXCELLENT DOCTOR  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2012

EXERCISE BASED DOCTOR...COMPASSIONATE , CARING...HE TELLS YOU , IF YOU JUST WANT DRUGS, HE IS NOT THE RIGHT DOCTOR FOR YOU..

|  Waarning!!! Dishonest!!!  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

This Doctor lied greatly to me about my Back Problems.Then he ordered MRI's and x-ray's for my lower back up to my neck.He would not see me again to tell me the results of those tests.He also Lied to other doctors who I had to go to in an attempt to explain his vivid details from the only visit after the first set of MRI's and X-ray's when he told me my back was ruined, that I had spinal compression cracks lower back and worn out parts of the spine.He told me my back was ruined and worse than a 70 year old mans back.I asked what procedures could be done to help control the severe traumatic pain I have that has left me semi-invalid.He said Pain Medications and a try with some kind of injection every month.According to him there was no surgery or other procedure that would help. His lies caused me to lose my nearly 5 year family doctor.This because he told her verbally over the phone that all I have is arthritus in areas of my lower back.Therefore she wouldnt prescribe any further Pain Medication.She did not offer a referral or any help after this.It took me about 5 months to get some medical help and partial pain releif.I actually went out of my mind from the severe trauma on my body and Mind from the lack of any thought of Pain relief, referring me out,and the God Play several doctors played with me from this one doctor.Dr Sharma, should be relieved of his license and locked in a mental ward until he has a proper diagnosis to stop him from Harming other patients.There is more to this incidence than I can write at this time.Please do not go to this So called doctor at all.

|  Very good MD  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

Very good doctor very caring, office staff friendly, hard to find a doctor like this that treats you like a person not a number. four stars definately recommend this doctor.

|  show details
Nov 20th, 2011

This doctorm is a referral for pain management.I saw him twice.The first visit he ordered an MRI and x-rays to find out where my intense pain from my back and all over where coming from.After the results I visited Him to hear what these reports showed about me.He told me I had some stress fractures of the spine like 3 or 4 and some crushed bones 4 or 5 and that my back was ruined,He told me when asked that this was more than likely inoperable and Pain medications and injections and perhaps some physical therapy would be the course of action. My main concerns with this new doctor is that he would stop prescribing the Pain Medications that I must use to even move around enough to tale care of myself.I had told him that my neck and upper back were as painful many times as my lower back.SO he ordered MRI and X_RAYS of those areas.I was told that when the office got the results they would call me and make an appointment.After about 2 weeks I called in for refill on a pain medication.The woman who had told me at Doctor Sharma's office that she was the one to call and then she would call in the prescriptions to my Pharmacy.She wouldnt saying it was too soon.I counted and divided by the days and calculated that I was 2 days over time for the refill.I told her this and she could have called my pharmacy to find out the same.I then waited a week and called the same doctors office to see if the results of the MRI and X_rays where in so that I could make an appointment with the doctor for the report from the tests.This woman that IS the same one denying me access to my legal and timely prescription told me she had already told me those report just showed a little arthritis and that The doctor had told me this and referred me out but that I had refused.I have only seen the doctor twice and never saw him the third time for a report on the latest MRI and XRAYS.I have these reports and I cant decipher them very well,but the little I do affirm The doctors first and only diagnosis about my back being ruined and like that of a 70 yr old man,I am 57.