Dr. Dinkar Rao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 13th, 2016
Dr. Rao has an excellent beside manner and puts you at ease.

May 19th, 2016
He is really the best Dr I have seen. He has been treating me for over 3 years and is exceptionally caring and spends the time with you providing all the options.

February 24th, 2016
If you have good insurance he will keep you coming back. His staff is rude! He is rude walks out of the exam room and screams "front desk" ! Good luck getting your records when you leave to find a compassionate Doctor. He charges a "mandatory" fee !!!

September 2nd, 2015
Unlike any other doctor I've been to...
Dr. Dinkar Rao is the best doctor I've ever seen, in any field. Truly. He is so knowledgeable and so caring. He remembers me. He knows my family, he asks questions but also listens. I read one negative review on here and I was so surprised. He is so nice and he isn't rushed, although it may seem that way because he has very high energy. He bounces through the halls at the hospital and will always say hello and if you see him at Starbucks, he'll buy you a coffee!

April 21st, 2015
he is WELL WORTH the wait!!

January 16th, 2015
BEST Doctor hands down
Dr Rao is just a good person. He really does care about his patients and the babies he delivers. I just trust him and feel comfortable with him. He delivered my daughter in August, I had to have a c-section. He really helped me not feel scared. He is very busy though so I often have to wait up to an hour from the time I get to the office until I actually see him. He just wants to help everyone and loves his job that much. I find the wait to be worth it. I have found his staff to typically be very friendly as well. I can't say enough nice things about him.

April 16th, 2014
Patient
Best OBGYN ever--many of my friends agree, too. He is loving and caring and while a bit rushed he does take the time to talk on the phone if I have questions. He delivered all 3 of my children and now my daughter is his patient, too, and she loves him. He made all of my birth experiences wonderful and when the nurse wanted to use foreceps on my son he wouldn't allow it and said, "She can do it." He truly is the best which is why many physicians in Cleveland have their wives go to him.

September 28th, 2012
best Dr. Ever
Dr. was my strength durning my Pregency.

February 19th, 2011
Rushed, Overworked & Sometimes Lacking in Compassion
Dinkar Rao was my ob/gyn for several years. He delivered my daughter. And I always felt the long wait in his office (usually a minimum of 1 hour) was worth the wait. However, in recent years, I have found him to be more and more rushed, getting information wrong/confused and sometimes coming across as uncaring. Some examples are: I needed surgery and he quickly told me that on the phone, abruptly transferred me to the scheduling nurse and then I received a brochure in the mail on the surgery. Very impersonal. And it was only through my own Internet research that I learned the upcoming procedure could negatively impact my chances of getting pregnant in the future. When I called him and brought this to his attention and that I want more children, he said oh well that changes things then. Had I not told him, he would've gone ahead with the procedure and never informed me. He was also not particularly compassionate when I had postpartum depression. He sort of rushed out of the room and I got the impression that the topic made him uncomfortable. Another issue is he errs on the side of caution (sounds like a good thing)---but I've been down that road with him (for unnecessary medical tests and the anxiety and expense that goes along with that) so many times that I can say he is overly investigative and often the specialists he has referred me to will be perplexed why I am even there in the first place. I know it's a fine line to walk between being cautious and not going overboard with tests especially when someone's health is at stake. Unfortunately my experience is that he does go way overboard with testing. Also, the staff is usually very rushed and sometimes unpleasant both on the phone and in person. This is not to say that I have never had a positive experience in the office or been treated kindly or that Dinkar Rao himself has never been kind or patient. But "rushed" is the norm there and while I do think that Dinkar Rao is an overall good person and has good intentions, I really do think he has way too many patients and has lost touch with the human experience. I should also note that I too sense (I see someone else wrote about him being pro-surgery) that he is a bit too much pro-C-section (my daughter was unplanned C-section) and he is not very open at all to VBAC. He is also not particularly open to alternative options or non-surgical, non-medicine avenues.

April 13th, 2010
I've been with Dr. Rao since 1983. He has delivered both of my children and both of my nephues. He is a great high surgeon. I've had numerous operations over the years. He is busy but if you call ahead, they will tell you if he is in the office or delivering a baby or doing an emergency surgical procedure.

December 8th, 2009
Dr Rao - The Best Doctor & Greatest Person I Ever Met
Dr. Rao is an overall EXCELLENT doctor. He deserves way MORE than 4 or 5 STARS. He is genuinely extremely caring, nice and very patient at all times. He sincerely shows compassion and concern about each & every patient of his; and he treats everyone with the highest professionalism and care. He's a GENIUS and very intelligent & knowledgeable about his work/career. He is always available for his patient at any time of the day and night. He has never been upset or moody if you call him in the middle of the night. He would go above & beyond for his patient. He would leave his house at anytime to consult you or to meet you at the hospital in case of emergency. I don't know if any other doctor has this type of character. Dr. Rao would go to the extreme & will do anything for his patients. I could not ask for a better doctor.......