Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Kim R on Jul 12th, 2016

Great Doctor, very knowledgeable in his expertise of female surgery specialist.

1 in a million show details 1 in a million
by LLB on Jul 3rd, 2016

I found Dr Veronikis, is very professional, intelligence, caring and understanding. I traveled from mid-AK to St Louis to have Dr Veronikis remove my 3 pelvic mesh kits with reconstruction. He and his staff are so understanding of the horrible symptoms woman live with due to the implantation of pelvic mesh. Dr Veronikis is an excellent surgery specialist in this very small and difficult field. I am very pleased with my surgery results, Dr Veronikis, his staff and Mercy Hospital.

Jun 15th, 2016

I went to him because he was suppose to be the best HA!!! I could have had the maintenance guy do my surgery and turn out better. Not only did my surgery have to be removed but I’m worse than when I started out. He walked around carrying an arrogant chip on his shoulder. He had no empathetic or sympathetic bone in his body If something goes wrong with you surgery he doesn’t want to hear it. I was in the hospital for almost a month waiting for him to return from a convention where he was to receive an award so he could remove the abscessed sling from my body. He would not allow anyone else to perform the surgery yet he kept me on a nothing by mouth the entire time. I lived on ice chips till he returned from his trip. All the nurses quietly tried to tell me how demoralizing he was to them. How hard it was to see patients like myself laying in bed waiting for him to return to repair what he messed up to begin. See After my surgical removal of the sling to repair my bladder and also to repair my bowel which by the way neither has ever been fixed! When I returned to his office for a follow up visit and asked him what do we do to fix this? He stated quite bluntly! “Well you can always sew you Vagina shut”!

TOT Mesh removal show details TOT Mesh removal
May 25th, 2016

I saw Dr V for a mesh removal. He was nothing other than open, honest, transparent and with a genuine concern . I cannot fault the treatment I received from him or any of the staff. They were caring and kept us fully informed throughout. This man is amazing and I Owe my life to him. Would recommend him without a doubt.

At last - a physician who is both competent and caring show details At last - a physician who is both competent and caring
by Anita Frank on Apr 28th, 2016

Outstanding patient bedside manner and a great doctor.... very comforting. Courteous staff. So glad I chose this physician.

Apr 5th, 2016

Love love Dr. VERONIKIS

Dr. Veronikis and staff rocks show details Dr. Veronikis and staff rocks
by Pamela Lomax on Mar 30th, 2016

I have been to so many Dr about my problem and it was nothing but God show me him. Dr Veronikis and staff was the best . He answer all my question and some . I have told some many people about this man . If you don't like anything about this Dr you have a problem with your self.

Jan 9th, 2016

He is very cocky & spends more time bragging about himself than explaining what to expect & procedures to be done. Does not keep family members informed during or after surgery. Very ugly bedside manner & lacks empathy after surgery, only keeps you in the hospital 23 hours even if you are having lots of pain. Fails to schedule repairs even after multiple attempts to contact him. Spends all his time at your 6 week post open visit bragging on retiring early.....Will never let this man touch me again & will continue to share my experience with others so they can seek out alternate des......if I could rate him a 1, I would, & that's just for removing my mesh, but didn't do that as well as he had told me.

pelvic pain show details pelvic pain
by Kate on Jan 8th, 2016

Chronic Pelvic pain. TVT. After having been to 18 different doctors in the Chicago area, I made an appt with Dr. V. It took 5 months to see him--to rule out the possibility that the bladder sling may be a source of pain --, as his office said out of state patients have to be reviewed. He requires a urodynamic study before his appt. The in between wait was 2 hours.The wait time in the office was 1 1/2 hours. My pain was so excruciating I went out in the hallway to lie down. During the visit, he was abrupt. However, it WAS 6 pm. He still had woman waiting to see him.I brought an advocate with me and he repeatedly asked who was she. He did not give me any conclusions, help nor advice. He just said, If you want to take it out, I'll take it out.

mrs show details mrs
by mary g on Nov 19th, 2015

Dr Veronikis did my surgery over 4 years ago a very kind and compassinate man, great surgeon :)

Fantastic Surgeon show details Fantastic Surgeon
by GRATEFUL on Oct 20th, 2015

This man knows Mesh. Fantastic Surgeon!

Sling Slayer show details Sling Slayer
by Forever Grateful! on Oct 10th, 2015

A truly kind,caring and compassionate Surgeon. Do not waste your Time with Other Doctor's. Go to the Best vaginal surgeon in The World! I would not trust anyone but him. Amazing! !

Dr. Veronikis show details Dr. Veronikis
by Stephanie Sheehan on Sep 4th, 2015

I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Veronikis. He took his time explaining things to me., It was nice to feel like no question, no matter how silly i thought it was, was left unanswered. I felt like he understood my pain. His bedside manner is the best I have experienced with any doctor. He really does want what is best for his patients. His staff was amazing with answering all of my worry-some questions and they were always very prompt at returning my calls. I know that no matter what I need in the future he will be the doctor that I turn to. Dr. Veronikis has made a huge difference in my life and I will be forever grateful. Thank You Dr. V~

Highly recomend Dr. Veronikis show details Highly recomend Dr. Veronikis
Aug 5th, 2015

I had been to other doctors over the years to try to find help, with no success. I was having trouble from granulation tissue after I had a hysterectomy and bladder sling, several years ago. I researched and found Dr. Veronikis, and I'm so glad I did. He has a wonderful bedside manner, he takes his time to explain things, and he solved my problem, where other doctors couldn't! I would highly recommend him.

Gave my life back. show details Gave my life back.
by Vickie Mccloskey on Jun 29th, 2015

I am so very blessed to have been seen and accepted as a patient of Dr. Veronikis. I had been to many Drs. that would not help me. Dr. Veronikis seen and understood how my health and life were being affected, and with his excellence as a surgeon , he gave my life back. I will be forever grateful to this wonderful Dr. and compassionate human being. I would travel anywhere to let him take care of me. Well worth the long drive, to be treated by someone with his exceptional knowledge and God given talent.

Dr. V is a Godsend!! show details Dr. V is a Godsend!!
Jun 3rd, 2015

I have seen Dr Veronikis for mesh removal and again for pelvic repairs and reconstruction that a poorly implanted mesh bladder sling had caused, I could not ask for a better surgeon!

May 14th, 2015

great doctor

May 7th, 2015

Amazing Surgical skills !!!

by sandra newsom on Mar 8th, 2015

He is an excellant docter.Kind and courteous.Would truly recomend him pelvic mesh removal.Love him

by Marsha Bittner on Jan 15th, 2015

Very competent and professional manner with a kind and caring personality. I had total faith I would be completely restored. He listened to worries and answered all my questions, putting me at ease with the operation. Dr. Veronikis is very detailed oriented. He takes pride in doing the best job possible for his patients. A quality physician in all aspects of his field.

Jan 14th, 2015

One of the very best Dr's I have seen! He is a very direct person and give great information about my problems in a way I could understand. I think it's called laymen terms lol he is fantastic and he has my 100% trust!!!!!

by Barbara Roecker on Jan 5th, 2015

I am very thankful I was able to make the flight to St.Louis for my mesh removal surgery. Dr.Veronikis is an excellent surgeon and a very compassionate Doctor. I made two trips to see him. One for surgery and one for post-op. 3500 air miles total.

Mcindoe Procedure show details Mcindoe Procedure
by Kathy Morgan on Oct 25th, 2014

I could have written as my title...amazing, fantastic, exceeded expectations. But that would have provided no information. So lets get to the facts. I had colon cancer in 2010 and was literally internally cooked from the inside out due to the radiation treatment. As a result my vagina closed up to about 1/2" depth. I had consulted different gynecologists to seek help and all roads led to Dr. Veronikis. After a consultation and he explained what he would do to remedy this. I did further research online and discovered he might be one of three surgeons in the United States, seriously the entire country, that could handle or had experience in reversing the damage done from radiation treatment. When you go to your appointments....expect to wait past your appointment time. But sometimes waiting is a good thing. He is simply that good. I am 54 y/o and I made it clear I missed sex. I felt I was way too young to settle for a platonic relationship with my partner. When I was having my babies, I had a wonderful gyn that made me feel like he loved his job. I never thought I would find another doctor or gyn that felt that way. Dr. Veronikis truly cares about his patients which is indicative of the women in his waiting room. Trust and believe, at my age I am not a woman that waits patiently for any man. But in this case I'm very glad I did. I can now comfortably have sex and I feel I will live a full life in every since of the word.

Reconstructive virginal,mesh show details Reconstructive virginal,mesh
by MARY NOEL on Sep 2nd, 2014

I am so very thankful that Dr. Veronikis came into my life. I had another doctor put in a type of mesh that did damage to the vaginal wall. I was in so much pain. Dr. Veronikis fixed everything with no pain!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Vaginal vault prolapse show details Vaginal vault prolapse
by Kris Lodholz on Jul 8th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Veronikis to my Mom, daughter, family & friends. He has a fantastic bedside manner & he is a perfectionist, which is what you want. Because of my build, he had to cut me hip~to~hip; therefore, my recovery time was longer. I'm sorry to say, the recovery was harder than I expected, but I was very careful & it was very well worth it because I know Dr. Veronikis did an excellent job! He also did a little extra work, cleaning~up where I had had previous surgeries, a bit of other work and that was a great bonus!! Thank you! Hopefully, I won't have to go back, but if I do, he will definitely be my doctor! My husband really liked him & even better after my surgery!

Vaginal Hysterectomy show details Vaginal Hysterectomy
by Gwen W. on Feb 20th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Veronikis by my general practitioner because an ultrasound showed that I suffered from fibroid tumors. After years of dealing with this issue, I was ready for consultation as to what my next steps would be. After seeing Dr. Veronikis and hearing my options, I decided to move forward with the vaginal hysterectomy. Upon examination, he discovered that my uterus was very large which may been an issue for this type of surgery, however, Dr. Veronikis was able to successfully complete my surgery vaginally. This was done without any incisions and without the use of any surgical robotics. My recovery has been great, I have not had any post-op complications (even with the size of my uterus) and I'm extremely grateful to Dr. Veronikis for doing such great work. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs to have this surgery performed.

Terrified of hysterectomy at 37 show details Terrified of hysterectomy at 37
by Nikki on Jan 19th, 2014

Dr. Veronikis, Thank you for your wonderful care and attention. You inspire such confidence with your superior surgical talents, as well as your excellent personality. From the moment I started seeing you as my third opinion to a difficult decision of a hysterectomy at 37, I have referred to you as “The Greek Rock Star of Urogynocolgy." To those considering Dr. Veronikis, he possesses talent, knowledge and keen surgical skills beyond his years, and his unique abilities have vaulted him rapidly into the upper echelon of master surgeons worldwide. Complementing his fine surgical skills is a gentle, understanding approach to overall patient care. He has a unique combination of good judgment, soft bedside manner, and strong surgical hands. I will continue to recommend him enthusiastically to family, friends and colleagues.

Dr V is a miracle worker and one AMAZING surgeon! show details Dr V is a miracle worker and one AMAZING surgeon!
by Karin on Jan 19th, 2014

I am so lucky to have found Dr Veronikis. Not only is he the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever encountered, but he is also highly skilled... A true master surgeon. He did for me what they said could never be done. He removed 100% of two vaginal/bladder meshes that my body rejected and which caused alot of pain, erosions and disability. Only a very small handful of doctors can now do this.. And if you need it done... GO TO DR V! He is not only highly skilled in this arena, but also will respond quickly to your calls. He will take time with you... Listening and understanding. And never rush you. He treats his patients with care and genuine concern and is the best doctor I have ever encountered. In ALL respects. I am honored to have been his patient and forever grateful to him for taking away my pain and disability and giving me my life back. God bless you Dr V

by M. Meyer on Nov 17th, 2013

After I became a serious runner, the bladder leakage was annoying and always had to wear protection. When I asked my regular doctor what my options were, he responded that there was really nothing that could be done. So for several years that's what I thought until my sister in law recommended Dr. Veronikis. She had had a successful surgery...correcting the mistakes of a previous doctor. I could not be more pleased with the results of my surgery. It is so liberating to know I can just take off running without worrying about bladder issues. The surgery went well and my recovery was quick and problem free. Thank you Dr. Veronikis. You have improved my quality of life!

The Best!!! show details The Best!!!
by Laura Williams on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Veronikis and his staff are absolutely wonderful. They put the care back into "patient care". Dr. Veronikis is the most compassionate and ambitious doctor I have ever met. He seriously is concerned for the welfare of his patients. When faced with a surgical obstacle in the Operating Room, Dr. Veronikis thinks outside the box to achieve his goal for the patient. He is highly confident but not in an egotistical or arrogant way. He is definitely a master in his theatre (the OR) and and a highly skilled artist as a surgeon. My only wish is that there were more stars to the rating scale because Dr. Veronikis absolutely deserves a 10 for each category.

Director of Development show details Director of Development
by Jan Tramont on Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Veronikis is truly a gifted artist who had to remove badly infected mesh put in by a previous surgeon doing a bladder repair and sling. Months later he performed a second surgery to reconstruct my herniated vagina, rectum and bladder. He also did another bladder suspensionand all with great results! I only wish I had listened to my ob/gyn and others who recomended him early on and I would not have had to go through mutliple, painful surgeries. He is the best (and he will remind you of that:)) but that is who you want operating on you.

RMA show details RMA
by Karen Murphey on Jul 15th, 2013

If you have a vaginal prolapse or urinary problems please call Dr. Veronikis before you have surgery with another Dr. I wish I would have. This wonderful man does reconstructive surgery on women after other Drs. made mistakes. If you want a Dr. that has a gift, will answer questions, explains in terms you will understand, and has more empathy for his patients then most please consider what I have said and call his office. You won't have to worry. He will worry for you!

Mesh removal show details Mesh removal
by Michelle A on Jul 15th, 2013

I wish there were more than just 4 stars. I was in the worst possible pain that a woman could be in. I struggled going from Doctor to Doctor unsure of who I could trust with the most intimate private part of my body. After much research I called Dr. Veronikis. I live in Virginia, a long ways from St. Louis Mo. Within hours I had a return call, not from his office but from him. His kind words and determination for helping women in my situation helped me make up my mind. Two weeks later I was on a plane. My surgery went as planned, he didn't stop or get discouraged even though my complications were more than we had hoped for. He finished the surgery, within hours I was physically feeling better than I had in years. Two days later I am back home with my family and on the road to recovery. I have had several phone calls and emails checking on me from him. He even spent a long time at my bedside after the surgery. This lovely man was born to help women and he is an absolute artist, perfectionist and the best darn surgeon I have ever met. If I ever need any kind of pelvic surgery I will go to him no matter where he may be. If you don't have your health and well-being you have nothing. Thank you Dr Veronikis for my life.

Great experience for hysterectomy and pelvic reconstruction! show details Great experience for hysterectomy and pelvic reconstruction!
by Sue B on Jun 6th, 2013

I suffered for 8 years with pelvic organ prolapse and I thought that nothing could be done until I asked around. I made an appointment with this great doctor and he knew immediately what I needed. He reassured me of my 'bad mesh' fears, ability to live a quality life, excellent recovery, enjoying my femininity and so many more fears. His staff always responded to me within a few hours, I was treated with respect, my recovery was so much easier than I expected, the surgery experience at Mercy Hospital was superb, and I had much faith in the hands of this highly talented surgeon! He is such a credit to his profession and I am so pleased to have been a patient of Dr. Veronikis and his fine staff.

Hope!! show details Hope!!
May 11th, 2013

Dr. Veronikis gave me hope after several specialists said there was nothing they could do to help and to just live with the pain and discomfort. Dr. Veronikis removed two mesh slings and performed reconstructive surgery to not just make me what I was before the mesh slings, but better. The excitement of what could be after the surgery helped me to overcome the fear of yet another failed attempt. The peace of mind that comes with feeling like a complete woman again and being pain free is beyond words. I recommend Dr. Veronikis and his wonderful staff without hesitation.

Dr. Veronikis is an excellent surgeon show details Dr. Veronikis is an excellent surgeon
Sep 3rd, 2012

I cannot believe how much better I feel today compared to one year ago. Dr. Veronikis was able to diagnose my condition andrecommended a surgical procedure and my outcome was excellent! My only regret is that I did not go to him sooner.I have told my friends and family about him. I live in another state and it was well-worth the travel time. My friends and family have now been driving the distance to see Dr. Veronikis and they are so pleased and satisfied to know a physician that puts quality of care as his number one priority. I just cannotsay enough about this caring and compassionate physician!

Saved my life! show details Saved my life!
Jul 5th, 2012

I feel like he saved my life--I had been thru several doctors and tests and wasn't getting anywhere. Pain had taken over my life. He diagnosed 4 issues and surgically corrected them. Also found serious pelvic adhesions and cleaned me up. I feel better than I have in years!

Jun 14th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Dionysios Veronikis for surgery and care. His entire staff is so helpful and caring that I left each visit knowing what to expect with the type of surgery I was to have and what to expect after surgery. My anxiety was gone before my first meeting with the doctor by his wonderful staff who I praise to everyone including the doctor.

Apr 23rd, 2012

very friendly staff, everyone very knowledgable, sue very nice and patience, my surgery went well, no compilation, will highly recommend

Mar 11th, 2012

Doc is a God send and I dont know what I would have done without him. I have been seeing him off and on for over 13 years and he has always seen me with his smile and knowledge and I have never doubted him. He always knows what the problem is and more importantly he fixes it. He has never let me down and has given me a part of my life back and for that I'am truely greatful.

Dr. Veronikis is extremely skilled and exceptionally caring show details Dr. Veronikis is extremely skilled and exceptionally caring
Mar 4th, 2012

I first met with Dr. Veronikis after being diagnosed with vaginal agenesis. His expertise and bedside manner were a rare and amazing find. He knows all the research, he has perfected and regularly performs multiple surgeries to correct this condition, and he really cares about his patients. While I live 7 hours away, I knew there was no other doctor I would want to perform my surgery. After having the surgery, I was even more convinced that I had made the right choice. I cannot say enough about Dr. Veronikis and his staff. My surgery was successful and free from complications and I attribute that to Dr. Veronikis' experience, skill, and care. I would recommend him to anyone.

Highly Recommend to Others show details Highly Recommend to Others
Feb 12th, 2012

I'm a divorced mother of three re-entering the dating scene and felt subconscious about myself as I considered the thought of dating and new relationships. A friend told me of Dr. Veronikis and how she had a procedure with him that simply tightened things up a bit giving me back my pre-pregnancy feminine feeling. I was overly impressed by his bedside manner, and how he explained the procedure. His staff was also very caring and understanding. I now feel confident in dating and thank Dr. Veronikis and his staff for their help in my personal transformation!

Thankful for Veronikis show details Thankful for Veronikis
Jan 21st, 2012

Five years later and all is working well at 67 yo. Very appreciative of Dr. Veronikis skills. I feel lucky to have found him and would recommend him to others.

Worth the wait show details Worth the wait
Jan 19th, 2012

Though the waiting room time was long, it was well worth it (take a book). I had numerous problems from previous surgeries that I felt could never be repaired. No one would listen to me for 4 years. Dr. Veronikis listened and scheduled me for surgery, which was a great success. I thought I would never experience comfortable intercourse and never be relieved of my pain. He corrected everything. I can not say enough about him and his staff. They are well worth the wait.

very personable show details very personable
Oct 19th, 2011

My Ob/Gyn trained under Dr. Veronikis and she said that he is the best in the field, so I chose to use him for surgery as opposed to my OB/Gyn. He is very personable and I am not having any problems post surgery. The only down side is that he requires payment before surgery (but I suppose I even understand that policy better than trying to collect.) I did have some unusual pain after surgery and Doc was prompt in changing the pain meds to solve the problem. I would use again and I would recommend. Thanks Doc!

Poor outcome - disappointing show details Poor outcome - disappointing
Sep 6th, 2011

I wished I checked this doctor's history and reviews before my surgery. I had a laundry list of things that needed fixed. I waited over 45 minutes in the waiting room and another 50 minutes in the exam room before the doc came in. He spent about 15 minutes in the exam, gave me a sheet of paper with 15 things highlighted and said make an appointment for surgery. Surgery went fine. The hospital was horrible - worst hospital bed I ever encountered. Since surgery I have had nothing but problems with infection after infection. The office staff doesn't take patient calls you just leave a message and maybe they will get back with you in a day or so. Other than a bit of instructions we got no informatiion so haven't known what to expect. Now, several months later I wonder if I will ever get my old self back.

by Nancy on Aug 4th, 2011

My entire experience with Dr. Veronikis was very favorable. I really appreciated his manner and professionalism.

Best Office/Staff/Doctor!!! show details Best Office/Staff/Doctor!!!
Apr 3rd, 2011

I have never been so impressed with an office staff prior to coming to Dr. Veronikis's office. His nurses are so nice and caring. Dr. Veronikis is one of a kind, my surgery went better than perfect!

I would travel to the ends of the earth to see this man!!! show details I would travel to the ends of the earth to see this man!!!
Feb 9th, 2011

I had a very difficult hysterectomy from another surgeon that left me with a fistula. This is a very embarrassing situation! Through a friend that is a nurse, I found Dr. Veronikis. I believe God bestows us with gifts and talents and what we do with these talents is our decision. Well, let me tell you, Dr. Veronikis has taken his gifts and talents and uses them to change lives. I was immediately comforted by his honest nature and felt immediately confident that he would be able to give me my life back...which he did!!! He is an absolute expert in his field, and I truly would travel to the ends of the earth if I ever need him again!!!

by Angela Grogg on Oct 1st, 2010

I was a bit upset at the wait, until I met with DR. V. He was wonderful, he spent as much time with me as I needed him to, he answered all of my questions and explained everything in a manner that was reassuring and he put my mind at ease about my pending surgery. Well worth the wait, he has an amazing bedside manner.

I had the surgery show details I had the surgery
by Carol Vaughan on Aug 22nd, 2010

Dr V is fanastic. He is expert in his field. I had a difficult hysterectomy along with several other procedures performed. My overall experience was excellent. He and his resident (future partner) took exceptional care of me, minimal discomfort and surgical results were perfect. I feel 110% better and thankful that I had the operation and that he was the doctor. Post op was a breeze.

Jun 26th, 2010

Instantly calms and comforts you with his professionalism and know-how. You will be impressed.....like me.

unflexible show details unflexible
May 17th, 2010

supposedly top-rated in his field, but refuses to accomodate women who can't drink a gallon of Nulytely. His infection rating is more important than helping his patients if they need to use a different form of bowel prep.

really is the best - wish I could see him for everything show details really is the best - wish I could see him for everything
by a patient on Dec 29th, 2009

Dr. Veronikis is the very best, and his office staff the most caring I have ever known! Nurses are excellent, and Dr. Veronikis handles embarrassing medical problems with the most professionalism imaginable. He is well known for being among the finest physicians in his field - I think he is the very best at what he does. I came to him with an embarrassing problem but right away felt at ease with the staff and doctor. It was such a relief to know that they understood and I didn't have to be uncomfortable.

Very Caring Doctor show details Very Caring Doctor
Sep 4th, 2009

I have found Dr. Veronikis to be one of the most caring, committed, and dedicated doctors I have ever known. He is a very talented surgeon and will go above and beyond to make sure that his patients receive only the best possible care. If you need the best, Dr. Veronikis is your guy.

Finally A Someone Who Can Surgically Fix Me show details Finally A Someone Who Can Surgically Fix Me
by C. Bailey on Jul 7th, 2009

Dr. Veronikis is a Godsend. I had been to several doctors in a group who supposedly could fix my problem and all they wanted to do was physical therapy. When I read about Dr. Veronikis I was hopeful that he could fix my problem surgically. He examined me and told me right up front that he could fix my problem. I had the surgery and went through the recovery period which wasn't too awful bad. Now I feel like a new woman. I feel he has given me back my life. I am so thankful to God that Dr. Veronikis and others like him have seen a need for this type of surgery and have perfected it. His office and staff are very professional. Everything is explained and they are always a phone call away. After my last visit Dr. Veronikis said that I didn't need to come back anymore, but if I had any concerns I could call him. That's a caring Doctor.

The Best!!!!! show details The Best!!!!!
Jul 2nd, 2009

He is wonderful and his staff are all so kind.....you will love him.