Dr. Dionysios Veronikis MD Patient Reviews

no change

December 15th, 2016
Wonderful outcome!
Dr. Veronikis did an outstanding job on my surgery. His pre/postop treatment was the best. He explained every step of the plan of treatment for my surgery. I feel like a new person and can go back to the routine I had before my problem began.

September 29th, 2016
Disappointed
I will agree with all of the positive comments about Dr. V and his charm, bedside manner, compassion and thoroughness. My first through last visits with him were wonderful. He is good at what he does..........unless you are one of the very few that end up with problems. I won't go into my story, but LADIES........do your research, get multiple opinions before you let ANYONE cut on you !!!!! Surgery is surgery. Once it is done it cannot ever be undone. Remember that sometimes you can end up worse off than you already are. Think about it seriously and ask yourself if you are ok the way you are. I am much worse off now than I was before my surgery. I don't blame anyone, but things just did not go well for me. We are all human, and humans are not perfect and things happen. It has been my experience that troubleshooting is not something Dr V is very good at. I had to obtain my records from Mercy and go to another specialist at another hospital and am facing yet a 3rd surgery. I was told by Dr. V's nurse that he couldn't help me when I tried to schedule an appt with him to discuss my issues. I have had to make lifestyle changes at the age of 52 that I didn't think would be on my radar til I was much older. Make sure that you have a full understanding of what your procedures entail ( like if the use of mesh is necessary or to go the traditional route) and what your lifetime limitations will be. Look it up and ask not just the Dr. but the nurses to get a really good picture! Just sending out some advice and hope that others won't end up like myself and a couple other women I know.

September 9th, 2016
Forever Grateful
May 2016 I found Dr Veronikis, is very professional, intelligence, caring and transparent.. I traveled from MI to St Louis to have Dr Veronikis remove my mesh and do my repairs. He and his staff are so understanding and caring. Dr Veronikis is an excellent surgery specialist in this very small and difficult field. I am very pleased with my surgery results, Dr Veronikis, his staff and Mercy Hospital.

September 7th, 2016
Awesome surgeon!

August 5th, 2016
I've only consulted with him for vaginal repair surgery after a failed bladder repair by my gynecologist. Have surgery scheduled in September.

July 12th, 2016
Great Doctor, very knowledgeable in his expertise of female surgery specialist.

July 3rd, 2016
1 in a million
I found Dr Veronikis, is very professional, intelligence, caring and understanding. I traveled from mid-AK to St Louis to have Dr Veronikis remove my 3 pelvic mesh kits with reconstruction. He and his staff are so understanding of the horrible symptoms woman live with due to the implantation of pelvic mesh. Dr Veronikis is an excellent surgery specialist in this very small and difficult field. I am very pleased with my surgery results, Dr Veronikis, his staff and Mercy Hospital.

June 15th, 2016
I went to him because he was suppose to be the best HA!!! I could have had the maintenance guy do my surgery and turn out better. Not only did my surgery have to be removed but I’m worse than when I started out. He walked around carrying an arrogant chip on his shoulder. He had no empathetic or sympathetic bone in his body If something goes wrong with you surgery he doesn’t want to hear it. I was in the hospital for almost a month waiting for him to return from a convention where he was to receive an award so he could remove the abscessed sling from my body. He would not allow anyone else to perform the surgery yet he kept me on a nothing by mouth the entire time. I lived on ice chips till he returned from his trip. All the nurses quietly tried to tell me how demoralizing he was to them. How hard it was to see patients like myself laying in bed waiting for him to return to repair what he messed up to begin. See After my surgical removal of the sling to repair my bladder and also to repair my bowel which by the way neither has ever been fixed! When I returned to his office for a follow up visit and asked him what do we do to fix this? He stated quite bluntly! “Well you can always sew you Vagina shut”!

May 25th, 2016
TOT Mesh removal
I saw Dr V for a mesh removal. He was nothing other than open, honest, transparent and with a genuine concern . I cannot fault the treatment I received from him or any of the staff. They were caring and kept us fully informed throughout. This man is amazing and I Owe my life to him. Would recommend him without a doubt.

April 28th, 2016
At last - a physician who is both competent and caring
Outstanding patient bedside manner and a great doctor.... very comforting. Courteous staff. So glad I chose this physician.

April 5th, 2016
Love love Dr. VERONIKIS

March 30th, 2016
Dr. Veronikis and staff rocks
I have been to so many Dr about my problem and it was nothing but God show me him. Dr Veronikis and staff was the best . He answer all my question and some . I have told some many people about this man . If you don't like anything about this Dr you have a problem with your self.