Urogynecologist & Advanced Gynecologic Surgery

621 S New Ballas Rd
Suite 2002
Saint Louis, MO 63141
314-251-6753
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.2040816326531 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.7551020408163 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  World's Greatest Urogynecologist  |  show details
by Donita McDiffett on Jul 27th, 2014

I want to share my story of pain and fear of getting the right treatment for 2 yrs after another surgeon messed me up. I had an Anterior/Posterior repair of a cystocele and rectocele and a sling procedure to correct stress urinary incontinence. After the surgery, I was left with a vagina the size of a 9 year old child. The surgeon told me I would have to use Vaginal Dilators to stretch the vagina to a normal size. Like WTF!! This is crazy. I tried it with much pain and suffering. I just could not tolerate anything larger than a ladies tampon. Needless to say this really affected my marriage. My husband was so patient. But, I lived with this for little over 2 yrs. I went to two other gynecologist and they would not touch me. Stating it was too dangerous. That the sling/mesh was one of the reasons I was so terribly small. The mesh caused scar tissue that was causing all these problems. I was told I need to go to a specialist in St. Louis, MO. I was reluctant at first, but my gynecologist encouraged me to give it a try. He really made me have some hope. But, once I got in to see Dr. Veronikis I was put to ease. He was so gentle and professional. He listened to me and said he could fix me. He did not hesitate!! He was like yes I can fix this and you can have intercourse again with your husband. I was like Wow!! Someone who believes my pain and situation. I had the surgery which was long and recovery was rough at times. But, I am 4 months post surgery and I have no pain. I can be intimate with my husband!! Life is so good!! So, if you are having vaginal pain or pain associated with mesh, please, call Dr. Veronikis to see if he can help you too.!!

|  Vaginal vault prolapse  |  show details
by Kris Lodholz on Jul 8th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Veronikis to my Mom, daughter, family & friends. He has a fantastic bedside manner & he is a perfectionist, which is what you want. Because of my build, he had to cut me hip~to~hip; therefore, my recovery time was longer. I'm sorry to say, the recovery was harder than I expected, but I was very careful & it was very well worth it because I know Dr. Veronikis did an excellent job! He also did a little extra work, cleaning~up where I had had previous surgeries, a bit of other work and that was a great bonus!! Thank you! Hopefully, I won't have to go back, but if I do, he will definitely be my doctor! My husband really liked him & even better after my surgery!

|  Vaginal Hysterectomy  |  show details
by Gwen W. on Feb 20th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Veronikis by my general practitioner because an ultrasound showed that I suffered from fibroid tumors. After years of dealing with this issue, I was ready for consultation as to what my next steps would be. After seeing Dr. Veronikis and hearing my options, I decided to move forward with the vaginal hysterectomy. Upon examination, he discovered that my uterus was very large which may been an issue for this type of surgery, however, Dr. Veronikis was able to successfully complete my surgery vaginally. This was done without any incisions and without the use of any surgical robotics. My recovery has been great, I have not had any post-op complications (even with the size of my uterus) and I'm extremely grateful to Dr. Veronikis for doing such great work. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs to have this surgery performed.

|  Student  |  show details
by Sherry on Feb 11th, 2014

Dr. Veronikis is a fantastic surgeon, he and his staff were very professional, caring; they worked very hard to preform a procedure that a lot of doctors have said" they would not even think of it!" thank you for changing my life. Thank you so much! Sherry

|  So thankful for Dr. V.!!  |  show details
by Amy L. on Feb 5th, 2014

I had a hysterectomy and bladder sling implantation in 2009. I had numerous complications and was in and out of the hospital and confined to bed for over 8 months following my initial surgery. I found a couple of wonderful doctors at Vanderbilt who were able to help me and performed 3 corrective surgeries on me (2 in 2010 and 1 in 2011). While I am grateful for their help and was able to return to a somewhat normal life following the treatment at Vanderbilt I was still in quite a bit of pain and sought more help. I found Dr. Veronikis through a web search and was influenced by the reviews I read to take a chance and meet with him. I am very glad that I did...I had surgery at Mercy Hospital, performed by Dr. V in November of 2013. He removed my TOT sling and immediately upon awakening I could tell that things were better. I am still recovering but would recommend Dr. V to anyone - meet with him and you will see that he truly cares about his patients and you will realize that he is definitely an expert in sling removal and in vaginal reconstruction. Thank you Dr. V!!!!

|  Exceptional Physician, Extraordinary Care!  |  show details
by Denise R. Brown, RN, BSN, CLNC, QMHP on Jan 29th, 2014

Dr. Veronikis is definitely “one of a kind”! He is compassionate, caring, and genuine. My personal OB/GYN referred me to Dr. Veronikis for a pelvic reconstruction in 2010, to repair a rectocele, cystocele, and an enterocele. The surgery went just as he had said, and was a “pain-free surgery”. He spent plenty of time explaining and preparing me for what I should expect before and after surgery. I never felt rushed during my visit…I did have to wait awhile in the waiting room (as some have complained), but it is definitely well worth it with the care and attention you receive. After years of living with an embarrassing issue, Dr. Veronikis was able to help me get my life back. Just recently, January 25, 2014, I had an emergency hysterectomy due to the severe hemorrhage of a submucosal fibroid. As an expert and specialist in reconstructive surgery and female pelvic medicine, Dr. Veronikis was the physician my personal OB/GYN referred me to once again. Again, Dr. Veronikis helped me through the very scary situation, by putting me at ease and making me feel as if I were his only patient. The surgery was successful and I’m back to living my life. I am a registered nurse and work with physicians with all types of styles and personalities. It’s a blessing to find a physician with the bed-side manner and caring nature Dr. Veronikis provides. He’s super and I would highly recommend him! Denise R. Brown, RN, BSN, CLNC, QMHP

|  My Surgery  |  show details
by Robin Thomas on Jan 20th, 2014

After being in pain since 2009...and some thorough research, I chose Dr.V to do my last mesh removal surgery...After 6 months I finally set a date to have this procedure done...So on Jan.17,2014 I put my trust in this man...I believe that his hands were directed by the man upstairs and My body is now mesh and sling free...He never told me he could get it all but he told me he could make me pain free..I cant even explain how I feel right now...I am so overwhelmed and Thank him so much but above him I have to Thank God...because of him all of this was made possible and I am so very blessed to have been helped by a true Angel...I will forever more be indebted to Dr Veronikis. ....

|  Terrified of hysterectomy at 37  |  show details
by Nikki on Jan 19th, 2014

Dr. Veronikis, Thank you for your wonderful care and attention. You inspire such confidence with your superior surgical talents, as well as your excellent personality. From the moment I started seeing you as my third opinion to a difficult decision of a hysterectomy at 37, I have referred to you as “The Greek Rock Star of Urogynocolgy." To those considering Dr. Veronikis, he possesses talent, knowledge and keen surgical skills beyond his years, and his unique abilities have vaulted him rapidly into the upper echelon of master surgeons worldwide. Complementing his fine surgical skills is a gentle, understanding approach to overall patient care. He has a unique combination of good judgment, soft bedside manner, and strong surgical hands. I will continue to recommend him enthusiastically to family, friends and colleagues.

|  Dr V is a miracle worker and one AMAZING surgeon!  |  show details
by Karin on Jan 19th, 2014

I am so lucky to have found Dr Veronikis. Not only is he the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever encountered, but he is also highly skilled... A true master surgeon. He did for me what they said could never be done. He removed 100% of two vaginal/bladder meshes that my body rejected and which caused alot of pain, erosions and disability. Only a very small handful of doctors can now do this.. And if you need it done... GO TO DR V! He is not only highly skilled in this arena, but also will respond quickly to your calls. He will take time with you... Listening and understanding. And never rush you. He treats his patients with care and genuine concern and is the best doctor I have ever encountered. In ALL respects. I am honored to have been his patient and forever grateful to him for taking away my pain and disability and giving me my life back. God bless you Dr V

|  My Review of Dr. Dionysios K. Veronikis - By: Nancy Mikitka, Orland Park, IL  |  show details
by Nancy Mikitka on Dec 27th, 2013

My Review Dr. Dionysios K. Veronikis Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery Mercy St. Louis Hospital By: Nancy Mikitka, Orland Park, IL Four weeks ago today (the day after Thanksgiving), I was blessed with a very detailed operation in St. Louis, performed by Dr. Veronikis. Prior to becoming aware of Dr. Veronikis, I had TVT mesh removal at UCLA in March of 2013 and this past September, I had repair surgery done by the same surgeon at UCLA, that for whatever reason caused me severe complications. After the UCLA repair surgery, I was urinating every 15-20 minutes around the clock for over 2 months. I ended up on November 16th in the emergency room at my local Illinois hospital because of these complications. I first heard of Dr. Veronikis this past June 2013, when I listened to an interview he did with TVT-No a FaceBook group I attend. I was struck by Dr. Veronikis’ direct and detailed answers to the questions he received from women who, like me, had been severely injured by their mesh implants. I reached out for the first time to Dr. Veronikis by email, November 17, 2013, a Sunday, which was after my Saturday, November 16, 2013 emergency room visit, pleading for his help with my dire condition. Miraculously, the same day, Dr. Veronikis responded to me by calling and within 2 days I was in front of him, in St. Louis, having a detailed examination and planning surgery for November 29th. Words cannot describe the predicament I was in and the total God given blessing Dr. Veronikis provided for me through the operation. Each day since my November 29th surgery, I am slowly healing, but I continue to bombard heaven with thanksgiving for Dr. Veronikis. Not only did he thoroughly explain what was happening, but also the necessary surgery required to fix it. He has continually provided extraordinary detailed follow up after my surgery by texting to check on me as my healing is taking place. To date, I have never had such care, concern and thoughtfulness from a doctor. Over the past 10 years, I have visited over 30 doctors and can honestly say there is none close to Dr. Veronikis’ professionalism and detail to be certain I understood what he would do to help me. We put ourselves in the hands of professionals trusting in them totally, but in Dr. Veronikis’ place, he took the time to help me understand all of the detailed facets required to fix the issue and repair me to be the best I can be. I can truly state from the 3 hour operation I had on November 29th, I am amazed how my initial problem has been solved and how I am now healing. Although there are many doctors in this world, perhaps, only a few are truly gifted and dedicated to the highest degree to their patients like Dr. Veronikis. The patient’s dream is to have a doctor like Dr. Veronikis…once the encounter is made the dream becomes a reality. I still am facing one more surgery in 2014, I can truly say I have never trusted as much in any doctor and his direction as I do in Dr. Veronikis and I am looking to him to do the absolute best to complete the necessary repairs required due to my mesh removal.

|  R.N.  |  show details
by Doris B. on Dec 12th, 2013

In 2009, I had a bladder sling put in and ever since that day, I have been in severe pain. I followed up with the 2 doctors that had done the surgery stating to them that I have been having severe pain on my right side since I had the surgery. The one doctor did an internal ultrasound and the findings were that everything looked good.They both individually stated that they didn't see anything wrong and so I felt like they thought that I was making up the pain. This past October of 2013, I went to Dr. Veronikis to get yet another opinion. Dr. Veronikis who took his time and not in any hurry took the time to listen to me and then he explained what the procedure was to remove the mesh that had been plaguing my life with severe pain for years. Now, since the mesh has been removed, I am completely pain free right after the surgery. Ladies, If you are looking for a doctor who is thorough and who will take his time listening to you, and come up with a solution, see Dr. Veronikis. You won't regret it.

by M. Meyer on Nov 17th, 2013

After I became a serious runner, the bladder leakage was annoying and always had to wear protection. When I asked my regular doctor what my options were, he responded that there was really nothing that could be done. So for several years that's what I thought until my sister in law recommended Dr. Veronikis. She had had a successful surgery...correcting the mistakes of a previous doctor. I could not be more pleased with the results of my surgery. It is so liberating to know I can just take off running without worrying about bladder issues. The surgery went well and my recovery was quick and problem free. Thank you Dr. Veronikis. You have improved my quality of life!

|  The Best!!!  |  show details
by Laura Williams on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Veronikis and his staff are absolutely wonderful. They put the care back into "patient care". Dr. Veronikis is the most compassionate and ambitious doctor I have ever met. He seriously is concerned for the welfare of his patients. When faced with a surgical obstacle in the Operating Room, Dr. Veronikis thinks outside the box to achieve his goal for the patient. He is highly confident but not in an egotistical or arrogant way. He is definitely a master in his theatre (the OR) and and a highly skilled artist as a surgeon. My only wish is that there were more stars to the rating scale because Dr. Veronikis absolutely deserves a 10 for each category.

|  Director of Development  |  show details
by Jan Tramont on Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Veronikis is truly a gifted artist who had to remove badly infected mesh put in by a previous surgeon doing a bladder repair and sling. Months later he performed a second surgery to reconstruct my herniated vagina, rectum and bladder. He also did another bladder suspensionand all with great results! I only wish I had listened to my ob/gyn and others who recomended him early on and I would not have had to go through mutliple, painful surgeries. He is the best (and he will remind you of that:)) but that is who you want operating on you.

|  Not doing so well  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2013

It's been ten weeks since my surgery having problems hip groin & button pain, urinating 20 to 30 times aday. Dr Veronikis tells me I'm fine no explanation why I'm having this problem put me on vesicare take Motrin. I think the mesh is causing the problem he said quit wording about the mesh I'm fine , but I'm not something is wrong

|  RMA  |  show details
by Karen Murphey on Jul 15th, 2013

If you have a vaginal prolapse or urinary problems please call Dr. Veronikis before you have surgery with another Dr. I wish I would have. This wonderful man does reconstructive surgery on women after other Drs. made mistakes. If you want a Dr. that has a gift, will answer questions, explains in terms you will understand, and has more empathy for his patients then most please consider what I have said and call his office. You won't have to worry. He will worry for you!

|  Mesh removal  |  show details
by Michelle A on Jul 15th, 2013

I wish there were more than just 4 stars. I was in the worst possible pain that a woman could be in. I struggled going from Doctor to Doctor unsure of who I could trust with the most intimate private part of my body. After much research I called Dr. Veronikis. I live in Virginia, a long ways from St. Louis Mo. Within hours I had a return call, not from his office but from him. His kind words and determination for helping women in my situation helped me make up my mind. Two weeks later I was on a plane. My surgery went as planned, he didn't stop or get discouraged even though my complications were more than we had hoped for. He finished the surgery, within hours I was physically feeling better than I had in years. Two days later I am back home with my family and on the road to recovery. I have had several phone calls and emails checking on me from him. He even spent a long time at my bedside after the surgery. This lovely man was born to help women and he is an absolute artist, perfectionist and the best darn surgeon I have ever met. If I ever need any kind of pelvic surgery I will go to him no matter where he may be. If you don't have your health and well-being you have nothing. Thank you Dr Veronikis for my life.

|  Great experience for hysterectomy and pelvic reconstruction!  |  show details
by Sue B on Jun 6th, 2013

I suffered for 8 years with pelvic organ prolapse and I thought that nothing could be done until I asked around. I made an appointment with this great doctor and he knew immediately what I needed. He reassured me of my 'bad mesh' fears, ability to live a quality life, excellent recovery, enjoying my femininity and so many more fears. His staff always responded to me within a few hours, I was treated with respect, my recovery was so much easier than I expected, the surgery experience at Mercy Hospital was superb, and I had much faith in the hands of this highly talented surgeon! He is such a credit to his profession and I am so pleased to have been a patient of Dr. Veronikis and his fine staff.

|  Hope!!  |  show details
May 11th, 2013

Dr. Veronikis gave me hope after several specialists said there was nothing they could do to help and to just live with the pain and discomfort. Dr. Veronikis removed two mesh slings and performed reconstructive surgery to not just make me what I was before the mesh slings, but better. The excitement of what could be after the surgery helped me to overcome the fear of yet another failed attempt. The peace of mind that comes with feeling like a complete woman again and being pain free is beyond words. I recommend Dr. Veronikis and his wonderful staff without hesitation.

|  Dr. Veronikis is an excellent surgeon  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2012

I cannot believe how much better I feel today compared to one year ago. Dr. Veronikis was able to diagnose my condition andrecommended a surgical procedure and my outcome was excellent! My only regret is that I did not go to him sooner.I have told my friends and family about him. I live in another state and it was well-worth the travel time. My friends and family have now been driving the distance to see Dr. Veronikis and they are so pleased and satisfied to know a physician that puts quality of care as his number one priority. I just cannotsay enough about this caring and compassionate physician!

|  Saved my life!  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

I feel like he saved my life--I had been thru several doctors and tests and wasn't getting anywhere. Pain had taken over my life. He diagnosed 4 issues and surgically corrected them. Also found serious pelvic adhesions and cleaned me up. I feel better than I have in years!

Jun 14th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Dionysios Veronikis for surgery and care. His entire staff is so helpful and caring that I left each visit knowing what to expect with the type of surgery I was to have and what to expect after surgery. My anxiety was gone before my first meeting with the doctor by his wonderful staff who I praise to everyone including the doctor.

Apr 23rd, 2012

very friendly staff, everyone very knowledgable, sue very nice and patience, my surgery went well, no compilation, will highly recommend

Mar 11th, 2012

Doc is a God send and I dont know what I would have done without him. I have been seeing him off and on for over 13 years and he has always seen me with his smile and knowledge and I have never doubted him. He always knows what the problem is and more importantly he fixes it. He has never let me down and has given me a part of my life back and for that I'am truely greatful.

|  Dr. Veronikis is extremely skilled and exceptionally caring  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

I first met with Dr. Veronikis after being diagnosed with vaginal agenesis. His expertise and bedside manner were a rare and amazing find. He knows all the research, he has perfected and regularly performs multiple surgeries to correct this condition, and he really cares about his patients. While I live 7 hours away, I knew there was no other doctor I would want to perform my surgery. After having the surgery, I was even more convinced that I had made the right choice. I cannot say enough about Dr. Veronikis and his staff. My surgery was successful and free from complications and I attribute that to Dr. Veronikis' experience, skill, and care. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Highly Recommend to Others  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2012

I'm a divorced mother of three re-entering the dating scene and felt subconscious about myself as I considered the thought of dating and new relationships. A friend told me of Dr. Veronikis and how she had a procedure with him that simply tightened things up a bit giving me back my pre-pregnancy feminine feeling. I was overly impressed by his bedside manner, and how he explained the procedure. His staff was also very caring and understanding. I now feel confident in dating and thank Dr. Veronikis and his staff for their help in my personal transformation!

|  Thankful for Veronikis  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2012

Five years later and all is working well at 67 yo. Very appreciative of Dr. Veronikis skills. I feel lucky to have found him and would recommend him to others.

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

Though the waiting room time was long, it was well worth it (take a book). I had numerous problems from previous surgeries that I felt could never be repaired. No one would listen to me for 4 years. Dr. Veronikis listened and scheduled me for surgery, which was a great success. I thought I would never experience comfortable intercourse and never be relieved of my pain. He corrected everything. I can not say enough about him and his staff. They are well worth the wait.

|  Ruined  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2011

Six years ago, Dr. Veronikis performed a Cystocele on me. He kept boasting that he would make me "like a 20 year old" for my husband. His bedside manner was great up until the time that I came back with the inability to have intercourse due to the pain. He became irate, rude and abusive. His rough exam left me bleeding, and I left in tears. I never went back and to this day am unable to have an intimate relationship with my husband. I would urge anyone looking for this operation to go in with open eyes.

|  very personable  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2011

My Ob/Gyn trained under Dr. Veronikis and she said that he is the best in the field, so I chose to use him for surgery as opposed to my OB/Gyn. He is very personable and I am not having any problems post surgery. The only down side is that he requires payment before surgery (but I suppose I even understand that policy better than trying to collect.) I did have some unusual pain after surgery and Doc was prompt in changing the pain meds to solve the problem. I would use again and I would recommend. Thanks Doc!

|  Poor outcome - disappointing  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2011

I wished I checked this doctor's history and reviews before my surgery. I had a laundry list of things that needed fixed. I waited over 45 minutes in the waiting room and another 50 minutes in the exam room before the doc came in. He spent about 15 minutes in the exam, gave me a sheet of paper with 15 things highlighted and said make an appointment for surgery. Surgery went fine. The hospital was horrible - worst hospital bed I ever encountered. Since surgery I have had nothing but problems with infection after infection. The office staff doesn't take patient calls you just leave a message and maybe they will get back with you in a day or so. Other than a bit of instructions we got no informatiion so haven't known what to expect. Now, several months later I wonder if I will ever get my old self back.

by Nancy on Aug 4th, 2011

My entire experience with Dr. Veronikis was very favorable. I really appreciated his manner and professionalism.

|  Best Office/Staff/Doctor!!!  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2011

I have never been so impressed with an office staff prior to coming to Dr. Veronikis's office. His nurses are so nice and caring. Dr. Veronikis is one of a kind, my surgery went better than perfect!

|  I would travel to the ends of the earth to see this man!!!  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2011

I had a very difficult hysterectomy from another surgeon that left me with a fistula. This is a very embarrassing situation! Through a friend that is a nurse, I found Dr. Veronikis. I believe God bestows us with gifts and talents and what we do with these talents is our decision. Well, let me tell you, Dr. Veronikis has taken his gifts and talents and uses them to change lives. I was immediately comforted by his honest nature and felt immediately confident that he would be able to give me my life back...which he did!!! He is an absolute expert in his field, and I truly would travel to the ends of the earth if I ever need him again!!!

by Angela Grogg on Oct 1st, 2010

I was a bit upset at the wait, until I met with DR. V. He was wonderful, he spent as much time with me as I needed him to, he answered all of my questions and explained everything in a manner that was reassuring and he put my mind at ease about my pending surgery. Well worth the wait, he has an amazing bedside manner.

|  I had the surgery  |  show details
by Carol Vaughan on Aug 22nd, 2010

Dr V is fanastic. He is expert in his field. I had a difficult hysterectomy along with several other procedures performed. My overall experience was excellent. He and his resident (future partner) took exceptional care of me, minimal discomfort and surgical results were perfect. I feel 110% better and thankful that I had the operation and that he was the doctor. Post op was a breeze.

Jun 26th, 2010

Instantly calms and comforts you with his professionalism and know-how. You will be impressed.....like me.

|  unflexible  |  show details
May 17th, 2010

supposedly top-rated in his field, but refuses to accomodate women who can't drink a gallon of Nulytely. His infection rating is more important than helping his patients if they need to use a different form of bowel prep.

|  really is the best - wish I could see him for everything  |  show details
by a patient on Dec 29th, 2009

Dr. Veronikis is the very best, and his office staff the most caring I have ever known! Nurses are excellent, and Dr. Veronikis handles embarrassing medical problems with the most professionalism imaginable. He is well known for being among the finest physicians in his field - I think he is the very best at what he does. I came to him with an embarrassing problem but right away felt at ease with the staff and doctor. It was such a relief to know that they understood and I didn't have to be uncomfortable.

|  Very Caring Doctor  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2009

I have found Dr. Veronikis to be one of the most caring, committed, and dedicated doctors I have ever known. He is a very talented surgeon and will go above and beyond to make sure that his patients receive only the best possible care. If you need the best, Dr. Veronikis is your guy.

|  Finally A Someone Who Can Surgically Fix Me  |  show details
by C. Bailey on Jul 7th, 2009

Dr. Veronikis is a Godsend. I had been to several doctors in a group who supposedly could fix my problem and all they wanted to do was physical therapy. When I read about Dr. Veronikis I was hopeful that he could fix my problem surgically. He examined me and told me right up front that he could fix my problem. I had the surgery and went through the recovery period which wasn't too awful bad. Now I feel like a new woman. I feel he has given me back my life. I am so thankful to God that Dr. Veronikis and others like him have seen a need for this type of surgery and have perfected it. His office and staff are very professional. Everything is explained and they are always a phone call away. After my last visit Dr. Veronikis said that I didn't need to come back anymore, but if I had any concerns I could call him. That's a caring Doctor.

|  The Best!!!!!  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2009

He is wonderful and his staff are all so kind.....you will love him.