Dr. Dipti Bavishi, MD
Gastroenterologist

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  Good Doc  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2014

Staff looked rushed but were friendly. Good doctor. Would recommend.

|  Simply Fantastic  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2014

She is simply fantastic. I have been going to her for years and the rest of my family has seen her too! Wait is a bit long but there is no other doctor like her. She's really one of a kind.

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2014

Dr. Bavishi is a great doctor, having a combination of extensive knowledge of tradition medicine and natural medicine. Because of this, although I originally came to see her with GI problems, not only have they been addressed, my overall health has improved significantly. She is a genuinely caring doctor and works hard to go the extra mile for her patients. You may have to wait for a while, but I believe that is because doctors like her are hard to find. I am thankful to her, and to her cardiologist husband Dr. Nilesh Bavishi, for their assistance in recovering my health. They do more than treat symptoms but search for the underlying causes and solutions. I am now off of numerous medications which I had been on for years, including Ambien, and have recovered from not only GI and cardio problems under their care, but from debilitating exhaustion, severe depression, insomnia, allergies and numerous other things. I am thankful to have good health again! Although sometimes the wait is long, it is a blessing to have a doctor who takes the time that is needed to really listen and help.

|  Excellent GI doc  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2014

Dr. Bavishi was truly a life saver. When I came to her, I was in very poor GI health due to a long term antibiotic treatment for Lyme Disease. Dr. Bavishi tested me to see what problems I had and determined I had food allergies in addition to few good flora and lots of bad flora. She adjusted my diet and after a few weeks I could see a difference. After a few months I was much better and other problems in my body (joint pain, acne, etc.) also improved. I have been able to get off of a number of medications in addition to easily losing weight through the course of treatment. I do take a number of supplements, but am able to naturally vs. chemically address managing my body. I owe Dr. Bavishi much for not only giving me my health back, but taking it to a new level.

May 24th, 2014

She always keeps you waiting 2 hours or more and then rushes through your appointment. She doesn't follow through with anything either. Time for a new doctor.

|  BEST DOCTOR IN HOUSTON  |  show details
by Jennifer Reeves on Jan 21st, 2014

Dr. Dipti Bavishi is the most compassionate doctor I have ever been seen by. I have a very complicated case and she has worked to get me well. I was hopeless until I found her. Anyone with GI issues, must see her!! The best doctor in Houston!

|  Amazing  |  show details
by Neil Dorfman on Jul 24th, 2013

25 years of acne and she cured me witha food test what a DR!

|  Great Doctor!!  |  show details
by Buddha"s Mama on Apr 16th, 2013

Have been a patient of her and Dr. Nilesh. Dr . Bavishi is the most caring doctor I have met and will do everything to find out what is wrong with you. Compassionate and just a great clinician. Sending all people I know to go see her. You will not be disappointed. She has a great GIFT!!!!!!!!!

|  fantastic routine colonoscopies!!  |  show details
by Brad on Feb 7th, 2013

Dr. Dipti is my go-to doctor for my twice-yearly colonoscopies. I swear from prior experience with other doctors I will never go to anyone else but her!

by jeffweissman at Citysearch on Feb 7th, 2013 on citysearch.com

This doctor, so called doctor has an illegal phone dialer sending unwanted faxes to phone lines that are NOT FAX LINES\\rI mean seriously, what kind of doctor sends unsolicited faxes\\rA QUACK!\\rif it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then they can`t be a good doctor.\\rAVOID !!

by Anushka on Jan 29th, 2013

Amazing doctor. Went to her after reading all the good reviews. Needless to say these reviews do not do her justice.

by anushkak at Citysearch on Jan 29th, 2013 on citysearch.com

After reading all the positive reviews I finally got time in my busy life to schedule an appointment and go to her. She was amazing. Simply put These reviews do not do her justice!

by cesarc695404130 at Citysearch on Nov 18th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Went to her after my wife went to her and started feeling better. All I can say is I wish I had gone to her earlier.

|  Michelle  |  show details
        Oct 23rd, 2012

Dr. Dipti and Dr. Nilesh are both downright amazing individuals Enjoyed my experience with both of them and for me, a person who doesn't like doctor's offices thats really saying something!

by michellek1975034017 at Citysearch on Oct 23rd, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Nilesh and Dr. Dipti are both downright amazing individuals Enjoyed my experience with both of them and for me, a person who doesn`t like doctor`s offices thats really saying something!

by kathleena1864756247 at Citysearch on Oct 7th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I go to her and her husband! They are truly an awesome duo. I am covered head to toe! Dr. D really knows what she is doing and thoroughly explained to me what I needed to do and what was wrong with me, since then I feel great. Just had a colonoscopy done by her and thankfully no problems and it was quick and painless. If you think you have a good stomach doctor think again, Dr. D truly puts them all to shame!

by laural1770143753 at Citysearch on Sep 29th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dipti is downright amazing! She hasn`t forgotten my name and if I ever see her around we always strike up a conversation. I feel we are more like friends than doctor and patient! She is extremely intelligent and after being to two other gastroenterologist I know why my friends all recommend her. She truly knows her stuff!

|  Love her! AMAZING DOCTOR!  |  show details
              Sep 26th, 2012

She is so caring and compassionate. The wait time was around 30 minutes. I was a little irked after waiting so long but after I met her I realized why people would wait for her. She was extremely attentive and answered all my questions and diagnosed me on my first visit. Never felt better in my life. I absolutely love her!! My entire family goes to her.

by mikel436019022 at Citysearch on Sep 26th, 2012 on citysearch.com

She is so caring and compassionate. The wait time was around 30 minutes. I was a little irked after waiting so long but after I met her I realized why people would wait for her. She was extremely attentive and answered all my questions and diagnosed me on my first visit. Never felt better. I absolutely love her!! My entire family goes to her.

by michaelj1488204233 at Citysearch on Sep 24th, 2012 on citysearch.com

This women is AMAZING!!! Love her! I have been to 4 or 5 other doctors and none of them were able to diagnose what was wrong for me. They all took my money did random tests and got nowhere. One visit with this doctor and I knew she was the one. It has been 2 years now and I am feeling great. Wait time for me was around 20 minutes so was not disappointed. Go to her!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

by carlah1070753190 at Citysearch on Jun 27th, 2012 on citysearch.com

If you love your life, go to another doctor. This doctor is greedy, has more patients than she can handle which means she does not spend even 10 minutes with a patient, never sits down as she has no time, never follows up on labs or tests. I took my friend to her clinic and she said hemorrhoid without testing or referring to a proctologist and that hemorrhoid turned out to be cancer when we went to a proctologist who found the mass. She has no respect for people, she is a businesswoman without an empathy. Very sad.

|  Very long-time patient  |  show details
                    Jun 26th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. B for over 10 years, though stomach cancer and other serious issues. She has handled each issue with professional and personal concern and excellence. I would highly recommend her. She has saved my life!

|  a doctor who cares about your welfare not just the protocol  |  show details
                    Jun 20th, 2012

I had suffered from stomach pain for over a decade and seen multiple specialist. Dr. Bavichi is the only one who took interest in solving the problem instead of doing just what is needed and moving on. My pain is gone because she went beyond just the protocol. EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN

|  Completely Disappointing  |  show details
                    May 7th, 2012

This is the worst experience with a doctor I have ever had in my life. This office is GREEDY. They book 3 or 4 times the number of patients a normal doctor's office sees. If you have an appointment at 1:00, be prepared to wait 3 or 4 HOURS. This is not an exaggeration. You will be rotting in the waiting room for hours upon hours before the doctor will see you. I am so disappointed in this place. It's all about money. See as many patients as possible, make the others wait for an ungodly amount of time in the waiting room. Go elsewhere, this place doesn't deserve your business if you have any respect for your time or money.

|  Such a disheartening experience, I will never go back.  |  show details
                    by krizzo122 at Citysearch on May 7th, 2012 on citysearch.com

This is the worst experience with a doctor I have ever had in my life. This office is GREEDY. They book 3 or 4 times the number of patients a normal doctor`s office sees. If you have an appointment at 100, be prepared to wait 3 or 4 HOURS. This is not an exaggeration. You will be rotting in the waiting room for hours upon hours before the doctor will see you. I am so disappointed in this place. It`s all about money. See as many patients as possible, make the others wait for an ungodly amount of time in the waiting room. Go elsewhere, this place doesn`t deserve your business if you have any respect for your time or money.

|  Such a disheartening experience, I will never go back.  |  show details
                    by krizzo122 at Citysearch on May 7th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Mar 1st, 2012

She is takes out time for knowing detail the problem of the patient,very caring and compassionate. Diagnosed a problem which other doctors struggled to find for 3 years.I would highly recommend her for someone with gastric problems

|  This Kind Woman Is a Life Saver  |  show details
                    Jan 17th, 2012

If you find the idea of undergoing a colonoscopic procedure intimidating or anxiety-producing, Dr. Dipti Bavishi is the doctor for you. She is kind, personable and immediately puts you at ease. Plus her board certifications only confirm what you will experience for yourself: she is a talented and knowledgeble doctor who can help you. Thanks to her kind manner, I was able to overcome some anxiety and had a much-needed procedure that had been postponed for far too long. When my husband needed a procedure, I knew I could recommend her without reservation, and this dear woman truly saved his life! Don't be embarrassed, and please, don't die of embarrassment!

|  Kind, Caring, Experienced Doctor  |  show details
                    by LiliaQ at Citysearch on Dec 18th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Bavishi was heaven-sent in helping me correct a severe abdominal issue which left the previous Doctors stumped.She is always there for me. Always returns calls, even into the evening. She avoids \"doctor speak\" and is able to clearly communicate the problems, and the steps needed to be taken to resolve the issue.I would definitely strongly recommend her to family, friends or anyone looking for a kind, caring physician.

|  Kind, Caring, Experienced Doctor  |  show details
                    by LiliaQ at Citysearch on Dec 18th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Bavishi was heaven-sent in helping me correct a severe abdominal issue which left the previous Doctors stumped.She is always there for me. Always returns calls, even into the evening. She avoids \"\"doctor speak\"\" and is able to clearly communicate the problems, and the steps needed to be taken to resolve the issue.I would definitely strongly recommend her to family, friends or anyone looking for a kind, caring physician.

by James Lynch Houston TX on Dec 7th, 2011

Dr. Bivishi's attention to detail saved my life. I moved and scheduled with another Gastroenterologist and while he did a basic job, his attention to detail was lacking. I returned to Dr Bavishi despite the long distance and her attention once again uncovered the source of my symptons. Can't speak for others but I believe a doctors attention to detail is critical to my health.

Aug 4th, 2011

Too many patients and never spend enough time with you. There are too many interruptions during examination that makes me feel she doesn't really care or she's going to miss something.

|  Therapist  |  show details
                    Jul 16th, 2011

As it turns out I have been suffering with stomach issuses all my life. 50 of my 61 years I thought it was a way of life. Since I discovered I had real medical issues I have been to several gastroenterologist, spent thousands of dollars and have been dismissed for many reasons. Some have said my symptoms have been minimal, others have changed my meds till I'm taking so much medicine I'm confused and going crazy mentally as well as physically not to mention what it's doing to my stomach and liver. The best dianosis given by 2 doctors was menopause (like I couldn't tell the difference between my stomach ailments and menopause). What a joke. I guess the joke was on me because I'm paying for this. I have been seeing Dr.Dipti Bavishi for about 6 months now and she has helped me get back my quality of life to the point that I can function. We are not quite where I need to be but we are still working on diets, schedules, and medications. She understands that when your not feeling good you tend to constantly get overwhelmed so she is very thorough with her explainations and she even writes them down for you if needed. I am very fortunate to have her. I understand that she is not going to make everyone happy all of the time but I feel like we have a responsibility to take our health in our own hands by being aggressive with our questions and grievances and it will get you where you need to be with your health.Finding the right doctor that is opened to this is the trick. When I realized how personable she is and how she welcomes objectives I felt very comfortable doing just that. From writing down my check list prior to the visit, having all my med. information, telling her if and how I cheated,(if that be the case)complaining on the waiting time,inviting her to sit down and make herself comfortable during my visit, to validating my parking ticket.She absolutly does not take offense and is appreciative of having the opportunity to defend her self or work with you on a deeper level,which ever the case maybe. I don't pretend to know it all but at my age I have been through many, many doctors and I think I have enough expierence to say that if you find a doctor that has good strong morals and basics as she does they will get you where you need to be the best way possible and the rest is up to your higher beliefs. Thank you Dr. Bavishi for being you and please never change.

|  11 Years and Counting  |  show details
                    by kajers at Citysearch on Jun 23rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I first saw Dr. Dipti Bavishi 11 years ago for what turned out to be Barrett`s. I loved her manner from the first day I sawmet her. Needless to say, she has done numerous scopes on me to track my progress and to help prevent a worsening condition with the latest being in May 2011. I even argued with her the first time I saw her because my symptoms were very different than my son`s had been with GERD. She was not offended or put off by that. She was actually very understanding and explained that there are over 20 ways GERD could manifest itself. I have spoken with her a number of times via phone, but if I need to see her, her staff always gets me in right away. I`ve never been left stranded with my problem for weeks like happens with some doctors because you can`t get in sooner. Dr. Bavishi is very open-minded regarding treatment and listens to me. Beyond her professional skills, she is extremely personable and makes me feel like she truly cares.......I think that is because she does truly care. Thank you, Dr. Bavishi, for your kind and compassionate manner.

|  Patient since 1999  |  show details
                    May 19th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Dipti Bavishi since 1999 when I had a second acute pancreatitis attack. She saved my life! Since then, my quality of life has improved tremendously under her care. She is a caring, wonderful person who treats me like family whenever I visit her office. She has sent to me only top notch, well-respected doctors. These doctors all keep her in high regard whenever they speak of Dr. Bavishi. She returns my daughter's calls whenever there is a problem with my health or a bill. She takes care of things immediately as if I was her family member. When I had to be hospitalized she made sure I had a bed waiting for me and visited me often each day, spending time to listen to my concerns and adjust my treatment when needed. She is very compassionate and has been such a wonderful doctor for me. Dr. Bavishi has helped me live a better, healthier and longer life.

|  Patient of 5 years....would NOT recommend.  |  show details
                    Apr 29th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. D Bavishi for 5 years off and on. After a crash due to my lack of her treatment for my Crohns Disease, I saw a Mayo Clinic GI and was informed that I was being treated with the WRONG medication, being either treated with too little or too much medication. During this episode, the office would not return my calls. The office didn't even call to see if I had made it to the hospital (where I spent 2 weeks!) and gave my new GI trouble in getting my charts. I now have a new GI and have received better bedside treatment for my Crohns. I feel better than I have in the 5 years under Bavishi.

|  Avoid This Doctor  |  show details
                    by Bentaz at Citysearch on Apr 21st, 2011 on citysearch.com

I too chose this doctor after reviewing the glowing reviews. Disappointed all around. Staff is rude. Doctor is always in a hurry. Surgery late. Followup terrible.Billing ultimate farce. I want to say something positive but cant think of anything.

|  Saved my life literally  |  show details
                    Mar 18th, 2011

Professional yet caring! Love her!XOXO'sLaura

|  Wonderful and caring doctor  |  show details
                    Feb 21st, 2011

Dr. Bavishi is a wonderful, caring and compassionate doctor. I have had an ongoing problem that numerous other doctors couldn't accurately diagnose, and she has taken the time to talk to me and validate my concerns. I really feel she genuinely cares about me and wants to help me. She encourages me to listen to my body because no one knows it better than me. I highly recommend her to anyone -- she is professional, smart, down to earth and compassionate -- she has never talked down to me or been dismissive of any of my symptoms or concerns. My internist referred me to her and also told me that she sends her own mother and sister to Dr. Bavishi because she is such an excellent diagnostician. Dr. Bavishi is wonderful.

|  The Dipti  |  show details
                    Jan 27th, 2011

I was actually recommended to her by three other people who dont even know each other. I didnt listen and went to another doctor who wanted to operate. Dr. Bavishi saved me from an unnecessary surgery.I have been going to this doctor for quite some time now. She is quick straight to the point. I always have plenty of questions and thoughts and she tells me right then and there her thoughts on it. She actually will discuss my health with me. Most doctors are uncomfortable with a patient who has a science background and naturally inquistive about whats going on in their bodies. But, Bavishi, she seems ok with that. Shes open minded to other means of treating an issue if I dont want to take medicines. Also, if she dont know something she has enough respect for my health to tell me she dont know and discusses the subject possibilities.Doctors dont know everything. They are like investigators and your body is the crime scene. She works with me to solve the puzzle. If only she could be my primary care too. Finding a doctor who is willing to listen and work with you in solving your problem is hard. This one is a keeper!!!!!

Dec 15th, 2010

Rushed through appointment. Bad doc. Waited over 50 minutes and treated us like we were troubling her.Also, accepts money before appointment so no room for negotiation on rates.

Dec 9th, 2010

bad, bad doctor

|  Worst doctor ever  |  show details
                    Dec 1st, 2010

I waited 2.5 hours to see this doctor and she didn't tell me anything other than I needed to get a test done. She still hasn't contacted me and never prescribed anything to feel better. Also, she spent maybe 2 or 3 mintues with me.. worst doctor ever!

|  Dr.Dipti Bhavishi  |  show details
                    by Fawzi Pishori at Citysearch on Nov 21st, 2010 on citysearch.com

I chose this doctor after reading the previous reviews and I must say I was SO disappointed with the service I received from this doctor. She has NO bedside manners at all. She remains standing when she enters the exam room giving you the impression that she is in a tremendous hurry. Moreover, I was kept waiting for over 2 hours before my colonoscopy procedure and when I mentioned this to the doctor during my follow up visit, she seemed to pass the blame on to the surgery center for their poor scheduling practices althought my appointment was set up by the doctor`s office staff. I was instructed in writing to make a follow up appointment in two weeks after my procedure but during that follow up visit the doctor informed me that it was not necessary to have come for a follow up visit! She stated that the results of my procedure was already VERBALLY explained to my accompanying relative at the end of my procedure. Really doctor, you verbally explain the results of my procedure to a second party Is this your way of dealing with the patient`s welfare To date, I have not received any written report of my exam! I am SO TRULY disappointed with this doctor. Needless to say,I won`t be using her again.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
                    by Cary Pint on Dec 15th, 2009

I've had a recurring problem for 3 months now. In the first month, I got my heart checked out, and it was fine. The latter 2 months, I saw many doctors at Baylor clinic and wasted a ton of money and time because they all blew me off completely like Im a hypocondriac. I then saw Dr. Bavishi, and she didn't try to diagnose me without tests (which all the Baylor doctors did). Turns out I had a hiatal hernia, and we figured it out a week after my visit with her. She is energetic, she is very knowledgable, and she does what it takes to get the correct diagnosis and not just jerk you around. I have been absolutely hopeless that I would ever feel better after 3 months with Baylor docs, but Dr. Bavishi relinquished my hope. I would recommend her strongly!!

|  Truly cares  |  show details
                    by mrsg921 at Citysearch on Sep 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Bavishi has the best bedside manners I have seen in a long time. She takes the time to \"\"really\"\" talk to you and you don`t feel you are being rushed. She explains everything so you can understand it. She has this \"\"way\"\" of making you feel comfortable and you can ask her anything without being embarrased.

by mrsg921 on Sep 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Bavishi has the best bedside manners I have seen in a long time. She takes the time to "really" talk to you and you don't feel you are being rushed. She explains everything so you can understand it. She has this "way" of making you feel comfortable

by acrna on Sep 10th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I am in the medical field and you KNOW that the physicians who all the Drs. and nurses go to has got to be good! Well, this is Dr. Bavishi. She is fast, competent, compasionate and more. I recommend her to all my friends and family!

|  The Doctor`s Doctor  |  show details
                    by acrna at Citysearch on Sep 10th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Jun 22nd, 2006 on yahoo.com

Very sweet and a friendly doctor.: She has a great patient following. All the patients seated in the Visitors room were in praise of her, talking about their good experiences. She profusely apologized to me for the delay and had all the smiles on her face

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
                    by dyxiegirl on May 26th, 2006 on citysearch.com

|  Very practical and pragmatic  |  show details
                    by dyxiegirl at Citysearch on May 26th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Dipti is really amazing. She is extremely quick at surgeries, putting you at ease and out of pain ASAP. For an acid reflux disease, she gave me samples of 4 different brands to try, then I decided which one I liked best and she prescribed it. She doesn`t have you come back just to tell you that you are fine she does that over the phone, saving you another copay.And although her name is a bit tough, she has no accent, so there is no language barrier with non-Indians. I highly recommend her.

by markmchuge on Mar 6th, 2006 on citysearch.com

"Dont die of embarassment". This very straight-forward lady saved my life literally.

|  Colonoscopy  |  show details
                    by markmchuge at Citysearch on Mar 6th, 2006 on citysearch.com

\"\"Dont die of embarassment\"\". This very straight-forward lady saved my life literally.