Dr. Dipti Bavishi, MD
Gastroenterologist

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
by Serena on Aug 25th, 2016

I highly recommend her if you are looking for a great gastroenterologist. She is down to earth and overall a wonderful human being. My husband and I have been going to her for close to one year now, and I can truly say she knows her stuff. She had diagnosed me within the first three appointments and got me started on a treatment plan immediately thereafter. One note of caution: Her office does stay busy so make sure you bring something to read.

Truly grateful show details Truly grateful
by Jerry Dawson on Aug 23rd, 2016

have suffered from health problems for most of my life. I have been to every type of specialist under the sky looking for answers but was unable to get better. Each specialist I went to started me on a new medication. While some symptoms would temporarily get better, other symptoms would start as side effects from the new medications. When all was said and done I was on seven different medications and was about to start my eight medication when I found Dr. Dipti through one of my friend's who had gone to her. The months following my first appointment can only be described as a whirlwind of emotions. After my colonoscopy she informed me I had severe inflammation and needed to make some drastic changes. She also let me know I had h pylori and put me on a treatment plan. After following her treatment and recommendations I have stopped using 4 of my medications and am trying to slowly come off the others. From 10% of my health I have improved to at least 75% in a little over 3 months. I know I still have 25% of my health to go but after 13 years of abuse it is going to take a little while. However, I cannot thank her enough for getting me back to health. The pain I use to feel across my entire abdomen has subsided and my acid reflux has gone away. I won't tell anyone it was easy as there were some setbacks (my own fault) but I am truly grateful for what she has done for me.

Nice doctor show details Nice doctor
by K. Nguyen on Aug 14th, 2016

Primary physician sent me to her. Nice lady, very approachable. I was happy with my visit.

by Mary Ann on Aug 3rd, 2016

My entire family goes to her including both my children. I went to her for stomach issues and after my colonoscopy she gave me a plan of action. My stomach pain has gone away and my joint aches even subsided.

Gifted practitioner show details Gifted practitioner
by Vanessa on Aug 2nd, 2016

Dr. D is a wonderful human being! She took the time to listen to my problems and give me my health back. It has been three weeks now and I have already lost 5 pounds and am coming off medicines I have been on for a long time. Highly recommend her!

Good Experience show details Good Experience
by William H. on Jul 31st, 2016

Approaching 60, I have seen several doctors over the years for different conditions. Her office looked considerably busier than what I have seen in the past but I chalked that up to her reputation. I was referred to her by a work colleague of mine who had been seeing her for over 10 years and had nothing but positive things to say about her. Nonetheless, I was skeptical and looked her up online. I saw some overwhelming positive reviews so I decided to give her a try for the stomach irritation that I had been having for years. I had multiple procedures done in the past looking for a cause but nothing had been found. After 30 minute wait, she walked into the room and started asking questions. Interestingly, her questions became more specific as I talked more almost to the point that she could guess my answer. Having been disappointed in the past, I did not want to hope too much but I was excited that she may know what is going on. She did an upper endoscopy on me that had already been performed by other practitioners but somehow found things that had been missed before. When I came in for the follow up visit, she walked me through what was wrong and what needed to happen with my medications and diet going forward. After two weeks I am feeling so much better. I will caution that her office tends to stay busy. But if you have GI problems, I strongly recommend Dr. Bavishi.

Not good show details Not good
by Karen on Jul 29th, 2016

Practice should not be treated like a business. Unnecessary blood work, tests and appointments. Ecourages recurring appointments for no use. Please keep it ethical and simple.

Zero rating! show details Zero rating!
by Vj on Jun 9th, 2016

You wait for three hours, she spends less than five minutes with u, bills you thousands. Would not follow up, you would need to call several times for test/lab results. How does that sound? Not interested in helping you out but squeezing every penny out of your insurance and you. Find another doctor!

How is she still practicing? show details How is she still practicing?
by Disappointed patient on Mar 28th, 2016

It's funny how she has either one star or five star reviews, nothing in between. Makes me wonder if she herself left those great reviews.. Anyway, I went as a new patient, waited for 3 hours to see her for less than 5 minutes - they even have a sign that if you feel like you waited too long we will happily reschedule-. I did an endoscopy with her. I literally had to call her office more than 15 times to get them to give me my test results. Everyone is inefficient and no one is on top of anything. Different people in the office gave me different test results & not until my husband called the office screaming two weeks later that the doctor finally took 5 mins out of her busy day to call me back! I had asked her to mail me my test results in order to see another doctor, which surprisingly she did pretty efficiently.. Now, the icing on top of the cake was when her lost office staff called me a week later to schedule my 'endoscopy' which I had done with her 3 weeks prior! HORRIBLE doctor and people, I wouldn't trust them with my information let alone health...

Apr 16th, 2015

been seeing her for a few months.

Mar 22nd, 2015

I am feeling much better.

Mar 15th, 2015

simply terrific. after going to 4 other doctors, i had given up hope of fixing my digestive issues. now my bloating is gone and i can finally eat like a normal person!

Mar 10th, 2015

I love this doctor but the front desk staff was not very efficient, messages never got to the Doctor questions were never answered and it took the longest time to get results back.

Fantastic. show details Fantastic.
Mar 9th, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Dipti. She has been an overwhelming help to my health and my wife's health.

true compassion show details true compassion
Mar 1st, 2015

dr. b was there for me and my family when she diagnosed me with crohn's. it has been a tough path with ups and downs but i could not have done it without her. her advice has kept me well for the past many years and i don't think anyone else could have helped me like she did.

WASTED TIME show details WASTED TIME
Feb 25th, 2015

WOULDN'T VISIT EVER AGAIN IN LIFE

by Good Health... on Feb 2nd, 2015

Great doc. Long wait times. I used to complain to her about the wait times and she was always so nice and apologetic. I tried other doctors but they weren't the same so I came back to her. My health is doing good.

Best GI Doctor Ever!! show details Best GI Doctor Ever!!
by Brad on Dec 22nd, 2014

I wish all Doctors were like her! Kind caring & accurate. She treats you like family

Never again show details Never again
Dec 19th, 2014

Waiting time is close to 2 hrs tops. She maybe very good but she will squeeze every penny out of you. Labs, every single procedure done will go thru her practice. She will bill u or your insurance for everything. No wonder she was dropped by my insurance as a provider. After all the waiting, she will spend less than 5 mins and rush to the next victim, er patient. U have been warned!!

Thx Dr. B show details Thx Dr. B
by teachergal67 on Dec 6th, 2014

I think whatever is said about Dr. B is pretty spot on - great physician and person. In her debt for getting me better. Thx Dr. B.

Great Lady! show details Great Lady!
Nov 16th, 2014

Looking for a great doctor? Look no further. She is awesome and been like that for years. Just remember to bring a book when you come to visit since it can be a while! Took me a while to find someone like her.

Nov 3rd, 2014

Dr. Bavishi is very good. Had some issues with the staff concerning appointment times but worked it out with them and been fine ever since.

Good Doc show details Good Doc
Oct 24th, 2014

Staff looked rushed but were friendly. Good doctor. Would recommend.

Simply Fantastic show details Simply Fantastic
Oct 19th, 2014

She is simply fantastic. I have been going to her for years and the rest of my family has seen her too! Wait is a bit long but there is no other doctor like her. She's really one of a kind.

Exceptional Doctor show details Exceptional Doctor
Sep 11th, 2014

Dr. Bavishi is a great doctor, having a combination of extensive knowledge of tradition medicine and natural medicine. Because of this, although I originally came to see her with GI problems, not only have they been addressed, my overall health has improved significantly. She is a genuinely caring doctor and works hard to go the extra mile for her patients. You may have to wait for a while, but I believe that is because doctors like her are hard to find. I am thankful to her, and to her cardiologist husband Dr. Nilesh Bavishi, for their assistance in recovering my health. They do more than treat symptoms but search for the underlying causes and solutions. I am now off of numerous medications which I had been on for years, including Ambien, and have recovered from not only GI and cardio problems under their care, but from debilitating exhaustion, severe depression, insomnia, allergies and numerous other things. I am thankful to have good health again! Although sometimes the wait is long, it is a blessing to have a doctor who takes the time that is needed to really listen and help.

Excellent GI doc show details Excellent GI doc
Jul 24th, 2014

Dr. Bavishi was truly a life saver. When I came to her, I was in very poor GI health due to a long term antibiotic treatment for Lyme Disease. Dr. Bavishi tested me to see what problems I had and determined I had food allergies in addition to few good flora and lots of bad flora. She adjusted my diet and after a few weeks I could see a difference. After a few months I was much better and other problems in my body (joint pain, acne, etc.) also improved. I have been able to get off of a number of medications in addition to easily losing weight through the course of treatment. I do take a number of supplements, but am able to naturally vs. chemically address managing my body. I owe Dr. Bavishi much for not only giving me my health back, but taking it to a new level.

May 24th, 2014

She always keeps you waiting 2 hours or more and then rushes through your appointment. She doesn't follow through with anything either. Time for a new doctor.

BEST DOCTOR IN HOUSTON show details BEST DOCTOR IN HOUSTON
by Jennifer Reeves on Jan 21st, 2014

Dr. Dipti Bavishi is the most compassionate doctor I have ever been seen by. I have a very complicated case and she has worked to get me well. I was hopeless until I found her. Anyone with GI issues, must see her!! The best doctor in Houston!

Amazing show details Amazing
by Neil Dorfman on Jul 24th, 2013

25 years of acne and she cured me witha food test what a DR!

Great Doctor!! show details Great Doctor!!
by Buddha"s Mama on Apr 16th, 2013

Have been a patient of her and Dr. Nilesh. Dr . Bavishi is the most caring doctor I have met and will do everything to find out what is wrong with you. Compassionate and just a great clinician. Sending all people I know to go see her. You will not be disappointed. She has a great GIFT!!!!!!!!!

fantastic routine colonoscopies!! show details fantastic routine colonoscopies!!
by Brad on Feb 7th, 2013

Dr. Dipti is my go-to doctor for my twice-yearly colonoscopies. I swear from prior experience with other doctors I will never go to anyone else but her!

by Anushka on Jan 29th, 2013

Amazing doctor. Went to her after reading all the good reviews. Needless to say these reviews do not do her justice.

Michelle show details Michelle
Oct 23rd, 2012

Dr. Dipti and Dr. Nilesh are both downright amazing individuals Enjoyed my experience with both of them and for me, a person who doesn't like doctor's offices thats really saying something!

Love her! AMAZING DOCTOR! show details Love her! AMAZING DOCTOR!
Sep 26th, 2012

She is so caring and compassionate. The wait time was around 30 minutes. I was a little irked after waiting so long but after I met her I realized why people would wait for her. She was extremely attentive and answered all my questions and diagnosed me on my first visit. Never felt better in my life. I absolutely love her!! My entire family goes to her.

Very long-time patient show details Very long-time patient
Jun 26th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. B for over 10 years, though stomach cancer and other serious issues. She has handled each issue with professional and personal concern and excellence. I would highly recommend her. She has saved my life!

a doctor who cares about your welfare not just the protocol show details a doctor who cares about your welfare not just the protocol
Jun 20th, 2012

I had suffered from stomach pain for over a decade and seen multiple specialist. Dr. Bavichi is the only one who took interest in solving the problem instead of doing just what is needed and moving on. My pain is gone because she went beyond just the protocol. EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN

Completely Disappointing show details Completely Disappointing
May 7th, 2012

This is the worst experience with a doctor I have ever had in my life. This office is GREEDY. They book 3 or 4 times the number of patients a normal doctor's office sees. If you have an appointment at 1:00, be prepared to wait 3 or 4 HOURS. This is not an exaggeration. You will be rotting in the waiting room for hours upon hours before the doctor will see you. I am so disappointed in this place. It's all about money. See as many patients as possible, make the others wait for an ungodly amount of time in the waiting room. Go elsewhere, this place doesn't deserve your business if you have any respect for your time or money.

Mar 1st, 2012

She is takes out time for knowing detail the problem of the patient,very caring and compassionate. Diagnosed a problem which other doctors struggled to find for 3 years.I would highly recommend her for someone with gastric problems

This Kind Woman Is a Life Saver show details This Kind Woman Is a Life Saver
Jan 17th, 2012

If you find the idea of undergoing a colonoscopic procedure intimidating or anxiety-producing, Dr. Dipti Bavishi is the doctor for you. She is kind, personable and immediately puts you at ease. Plus her board certifications only confirm what you will experience for yourself: she is a talented and knowledgeble doctor who can help you. Thanks to her kind manner, I was able to overcome some anxiety and had a much-needed procedure that had been postponed for far too long. When my husband needed a procedure, I knew I could recommend her without reservation, and this dear woman truly saved his life! Don't be embarrassed, and please, don't die of embarrassment!

by James Lynch Houston TX on Dec 7th, 2011

Dr. Bivishi's attention to detail saved my life. I moved and scheduled with another Gastroenterologist and while he did a basic job, his attention to detail was lacking. I returned to Dr Bavishi despite the long distance and her attention once again uncovered the source of my symptons. Can't speak for others but I believe a doctors attention to detail is critical to my health.

Aug 4th, 2011

Too many patients and never spend enough time with you. There are too many interruptions during examination that makes me feel she doesn't really care or she's going to miss something.

Therapist show details Therapist
Jul 16th, 2011

As it turns out I have been suffering with stomach issuses all my life. 50 of my 61 years I thought it was a way of life. Since I discovered I had real medical issues I have been to several gastroenterologist, spent thousands of dollars and have been dismissed for many reasons. Some have said my symptoms have been minimal, others have changed my meds till I'm taking so much medicine I'm confused and going crazy mentally as well as physically not to mention what it's doing to my stomach and liver. The best dianosis given by 2 doctors was menopause (like I couldn't tell the difference between my stomach ailments and menopause). What a joke. I guess the joke was on me because I'm paying for this. I have been seeing Dr.Dipti Bavishi for about 6 months now and she has helped me get back my quality of life to the point that I can function. We are not quite where I need to be but we are still working on diets, schedules, and medications. She understands that when your not feeling good you tend to constantly get overwhelmed so she is very thorough with her explainations and she even writes them down for you if needed. I am very fortunate to have her. I understand that she is not going to make everyone happy all of the time but I feel like we have a responsibility to take our health in our own hands by being aggressive with our questions and grievances and it will get you where you need to be with your health.Finding the right doctor that is opened to this is the trick. When I realized how personable she is and how she welcomes objectives I felt very comfortable doing just that. From writing down my check list prior to the visit, having all my med. information, telling her if and how I cheated,(if that be the case)complaining on the waiting time,inviting her to sit down and make herself comfortable during my visit, to validating my parking ticket.She absolutly does not take offense and is appreciative of having the opportunity to defend her self or work with you on a deeper level,which ever the case maybe. I don't pretend to know it all but at my age I have been through many, many doctors and I think I have enough expierence to say that if you find a doctor that has good strong morals and basics as she does they will get you where you need to be the best way possible and the rest is up to your higher beliefs. Thank you Dr. Bavishi for being you and please never change.

Patient since 1999 show details Patient since 1999
May 19th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Dipti Bavishi since 1999 when I had a second acute pancreatitis attack. She saved my life! Since then, my quality of life has improved tremendously under her care. She is a caring, wonderful person who treats me like family whenever I visit her office. She has sent to me only top notch, well-respected doctors. These doctors all keep her in high regard whenever they speak of Dr. Bavishi. She returns my daughter's calls whenever there is a problem with my health or a bill. She takes care of things immediately as if I was her family member. When I had to be hospitalized she made sure I had a bed waiting for me and visited me often each day, spending time to listen to my concerns and adjust my treatment when needed. She is very compassionate and has been such a wonderful doctor for me. Dr. Bavishi has helped me live a better, healthier and longer life.

Patient of 5 years....would NOT recommend. show details Patient of 5 years....would NOT recommend.
Apr 29th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. D Bavishi for 5 years off and on. After a crash due to my lack of her treatment for my Crohns Disease, I saw a Mayo Clinic GI and was informed that I was being treated with the WRONG medication, being either treated with too little or too much medication. During this episode, the office would not return my calls. The office didn't even call to see if I had made it to the hospital (where I spent 2 weeks!) and gave my new GI trouble in getting my charts. I now have a new GI and have received better bedside treatment for my Crohns. I feel better than I have in the 5 years under Bavishi.

Wonderful and caring doctor show details Wonderful and caring doctor
Feb 21st, 2011

Dr. Bavishi is a wonderful, caring and compassionate doctor. I have had an ongoing problem that numerous other doctors couldn't accurately diagnose, and she has taken the time to talk to me and validate my concerns. I really feel she genuinely cares about me and wants to help me. She encourages me to listen to my body because no one knows it better than me. I highly recommend her to anyone -- she is professional, smart, down to earth and compassionate -- she has never talked down to me or been dismissive of any of my symptoms or concerns. My internist referred me to her and also told me that she sends her own mother and sister to Dr. Bavishi because she is such an excellent diagnostician. Dr. Bavishi is wonderful.

The Dipti show details The Dipti
Jan 27th, 2011

I was actually recommended to her by three other people who dont even know each other. I didnt listen and went to another doctor who wanted to operate. Dr. Bavishi saved me from an unnecessary surgery.I have been going to this doctor for quite some time now. She is quick straight to the point. I always have plenty of questions and thoughts and she tells me right then and there her thoughts on it. She actually will discuss my health with me. Most doctors are uncomfortable with a patient who has a science background and naturally inquistive about whats going on in their bodies. But, Bavishi, she seems ok with that. Shes open minded to other means of treating an issue if I dont want to take medicines. Also, if she dont know something she has enough respect for my health to tell me she dont know and discusses the subject possibilities.Doctors dont know everything. They are like investigators and your body is the crime scene. She works with me to solve the puzzle. If only she could be my primary care too. Finding a doctor who is willing to listen and work with you in solving your problem is hard. This one is a keeper!!!!!

Dec 15th, 2010

Rushed through appointment. Bad doc. Waited over 50 minutes and treated us like we were troubling her.Also, accepts money before appointment so no room for negotiation on rates.

Dec 9th, 2010

bad, bad doctor

Worst doctor ever show details Worst doctor ever
Dec 1st, 2010

I waited 2.5 hours to see this doctor and she didn't tell me anything other than I needed to get a test done. She still hasn't contacted me and never prescribed anything to feel better. Also, she spent maybe 2 or 3 mintues with me.. worst doctor ever!

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
by Cary Pint on Dec 15th, 2009

I've had a recurring problem for 3 months now. In the first month, I got my heart checked out, and it was fine. The latter 2 months, I saw many doctors at Baylor clinic and wasted a ton of money and time because they all blew me off completely like Im a hypocondriac. I then saw Dr. Bavishi, and she didn't try to diagnose me without tests (which all the Baylor doctors did). Turns out I had a hiatal hernia, and we figured it out a week after my visit with her. She is energetic, she is very knowledgable, and she does what it takes to get the correct diagnosis and not just jerk you around. I have been absolutely hopeless that I would ever feel better after 3 months with Baylor docs, but Dr. Bavishi relinquished my hope. I would recommend her strongly!!