A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dirk Diefendorf:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dirk Diefendorf is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Diefendorf
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Diefendorf Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dirk Diefendorf, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Diefendorf graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Diefendorf has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Sequoia Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dirk Ross Diefendorf MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 28 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Dirk R. Diefendorf practice?
- Dr. Dirk Diefendorf has 1 office location.
Dr. Dirk Diefendorf practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near San Mateo, CA.
See San Mateo Surgeons.