Dr. Dixon Cunningham MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

July 27th, 2016
Professional in every way. Excellent care.
Dr. Cunningham has been treating my chronic migraines for close to a decade. He has been attentive, courteous, prompt and professional in every way. If I had questions he took the time to listen and answer. If there was a question concerning my health, medicines, condition or even an insurance issue, he or he via his staff responds within 24 hours.

January 11th, 2016
He is cold, condescending and couldn't care less about you voicing your concerns or even listening to your symptoms. He also has a Superiority Complex and acts like you are beneath him. Honest...he is not a very good doctor if he doesn't even want to take the time to listen to you describe your symptoms.

November 25th, 2014
Did not like him
I went to see this doctor after referred by my general doctor for a vertigo that did not want to go away. He has bad bedside manners. He got me in and out of the room in 5 minutes. I told him I was also seeing an ENT and I had a test scheduled which determine if my vertigo was coming from my ear or from my brain. He then said he hoped it was coming from my ear because if the report showed it was coming from my brain he could do nothing for me. I then replied : what if I keep having headaches and vertigo. He said well I have patients here that jump from the ENT and then to me and then again from me to the ENT when their problem persists, but either of us can do nothing for the patient.

April 2nd, 2013
After several tests everything was fluffed off I have since ended up at MUSC and although it took longer to get results back they took the time to explain everything to me. I'm finally getting somewhere. Waste of time with Dr. Cunningham. Dr. Cunningham when asked a question was like....well it could be this...or well it could be that. Never gave a straight answer and even after 3 of my other doctors said I needed a spinal tap he refused. Even my own family doctor said he fluffs everything off and should take people seriously or retire. I agree!!

January 16th, 2013
I went to him with headaches and other problems and he said didn't I see you before for the same problem. there was nothing wrong with you then and I can't help you. I told him to check this and that and he said, oh, yeah I guess we could/should. It turned out I have nerve damage. Now who is the doctor here him or I. And I don't have any doctoral experience. Lousy dr., bad bed side manner and just seemed to dismiss me without doing anything.

December 4th, 2012
Rude,Uncaring
This doctor was very rude and uncaring.Rushed through a neuro exam I could have had done by an internist. Regardless of the reason I was there, I still had othersymptoms I had wanted to discuss, but he was so rude and abrupt, did not seem to care what the cause of my problem was nor was he willing to discuss. Neuro problems and Inflammatory or infections sometimes overlap. Even if he did not think my current problem was neuro any decent doctor would still sit down with the patient for a few minutes and discuss.I chose him as the doctor to go to, I have insurance and made my co-pay.His staff was courteous, but Dr. "C" has no bedside manner and apparently no diagnostic skills or knowledge beyond Neuro to even discuss a topic with patient. Even if he does not care, he could at least be nice to the patient. It did not cost him anything to see me.I was the one who had to pay and what a waste of time and money.So disappointed

July 17th, 2012
A kind, professional, knowledgable and caring physician2 thumbs up!

February 19th, 2012
Office atmosphere friendly, helpful and very professional. Dr. Cunningham was very helpful in explaining all my concerns. Will highly recommend this office to all my friends.