Dr. Dmitry Ruban MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Aurora, IL

4.7

April 18th, 2017
Very pleased with surgury so far as recovery is going

March 11th, 2017
Great experience
I recently had a Microdiskectomy performed by Dr. Ruban. I was in extreme pain prior to surgery. The office staff was very kind and helpful and made it easy schedule an appointment and receive information. Dr. Ruban was thorough while explaining my injury and what would take place before, during and after surgery. They even offered a spine class to prepare me for surgery. This was very helpful since this was my first surgery. My experience the day of surgery was the best it could possibly be. Dr. Ruban and his staff were more than accommodating and explained each step in the process. Once surgery was over, Dr. Ruban came immediately to let my husband know I was finished and the surgery went well. He also explained the care and restrictions I would need to take once I arrived home. I would recommend Dr. Ruban and his staff to anyone in need of their treatments. He finds the least invasive way to solve your problem and makes the process as comfortable as it can be.

March 3rd, 2017
Spine/Backsurgery
For over 13 years I had progressively wosening stenosis and artritis in my spine. Two years ago it deteriorated to the point where walking 50 feet was extremely painful. A pain specialist referred me to Dr Ruban. He called for an MRI. He diagnosed the problem and two weeks later, my son and daughter helping me to get into the surgery center Dr Ruban performed a one hour procedure. I walked out of his office using a cane for stability. No spine or nerve pain since that day! I was back to being better than I had been in over 13 years. Cane was gone in 5 days. I am 67 years old and consider his surgery to be just short of being magic. He would be my choice and suggestion should any new problems develop. Also, his staff is very professional and caring.

February 24th, 2017
Wonderful care
Dr. Ruban gave me great care before, during and after surgery. I would recommend him to anyone

January 14th, 2017
Great surgeon with great staff
Dr Ruban and his staff were so accommodating and helpful in my neck surgery scheduling and execution. From my first appointment to the surgery room was a top rating experience. The recovery was better than I was expecting and my pain is all gone. I also was to recommend that Rush Copley Hospital's spine staff were also very knowledgeable, accommodating, and exceptionally welcoming and friendly/helpful and experts in making for a successful surgery and recovery stay. Thank you very much!

December 10th, 2016
Highly knowledgable and Professional, great bedside manner and extremely personal, outstanding staff and excellent follow up

October 25th, 2016
Serous Back Pain
He did a great job on my back. I've no pain since the operation. The one thing I did really like about him was the fact he came to see me and told me what I could and could not do after my operation. I would recommend him to all my friends. I've recommended him to two of my friend already.....

September 12th, 2016
Thank You, Dr.!
I have already recommended Dr. Ruban to several people. Because of him I have gone from barely walking to walking without pain! He was very thorough in discussing my options for my bad back and helped to choose the best way to go for my situation. This has been a positive experience all the way around and I couldn't be more thankful!!

July 1st, 2015
Excellent doc and staff! Fusion went great. Bedside manner is heartfelt. A+

April 19th, 2014
minimal invasive
Wow living with pain for two years and after 3 hours with Dr Ruban I can tell I am back having a normal life. Thank you doctor. I wish the sun to shine down on you and your family and you prosper for the good you are doing. It's a life changer.

March 5th, 2014
I was referred to Dr. Ruban by my primary care Dr. after trying some alternative ideas. The level of pain in my legs & lower back had reached a point that I could no longer walk safely on my own. At first I was against any back surgery because of people I new that had back surgery that didn't turn out as hoped. I had been to other Dr's prior to meeting Dr. Ruban and he was the first Dr. to take the time to thoroughly explain what had happened in my lower back, diagnosed me with degenerative disk and what procedure he recommended. His calm attitude and explanations of what was happening and what to expect if I did nothing was very reassuring. After having the surgery I was amazed at how good I felt and was able to take my first "pain free" steps in many years. At first I thought I was still under the influence of the anesthesia and that the pain would come back. I am Very happy to say that 3 months down the road and 5 weeks into therapy, I am still totally pain free. As hesitant as I was in the beginning, I could not have ever been more satisfied with the results Dr.Ruban and his staff have given me. This operation rates as one of the best decisions I have ever made thanks to Dr. Ruban and his staff. I would highly recommend this entire office to anyone in need a professional Dr. and staff in the field of neurosurgery. Thru the entire process I was treated with the best care anyone could hope for and they saw to it that my wife was kept informed as well. Truly a wonderful group of people. Thanks for opportunity to review these people and I hope others find this helpful.

October 14th, 2013
Highly Recommend
I highly recommend Dr. Ruban. He performed spinal surgery on me and it was very successful. He explained everything to me very thoroughly. His staff was excellent. Dr. Ruban and his staff had wonderful bedside manner. I was in extreme pain when I was recommended to Dr. Ruban and after the surgery I was pain free.