Dr. Dmitry Ruban MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 12th, 2016
Thank You, Dr.!
I have already recommended Dr. Ruban to several people. Because of him I have gone from barely walking to walking without pain! He was very thorough in discussing my options for my bad back and helped to choose the best way to go for my situation. This has been a positive experience all the way around and I couldn't be more thankful!!

July 1st, 2015
Excellent doc and staff! Fusion went great. Bedside manner is heartfelt. A+

April 19th, 2014
minimal invasive
Wow living with pain for two years and after 3 hours with Dr Ruban I can tell I am back having a normal life. Thank you doctor. I wish the sun to shine down on you and your family and you prosper for the good you are doing. It's a life changer.

March 5th, 2014
I was referred to Dr. Ruban by my primary care Dr. after trying some alternative ideas. The level of pain in my legs & lower back had reached a point that I could no longer walk safely on my own. At first I was against any back surgery because of people I new that had back surgery that didn't turn out as hoped. I had been to other Dr's prior to meeting Dr. Ruban and he was the first Dr. to take the time to thoroughly explain what had happened in my lower back, diagnosed me with degenerative disk and what procedure he recommended. His calm attitude and explanations of what was happening and what to expect if I did nothing was very reassuring. After having the surgery I was amazed at how good I felt and was able to take my first "pain free" steps in many years. At first I thought I was still under the influence of the anesthesia and that the pain would come back. I am Very happy to say that 3 months down the road and 5 weeks into therapy, I am still totally pain free. As hesitant as I was in the beginning, I could not have ever been more satisfied with the results Dr.Ruban and his staff have given me. This operation rates as one of the best decisions I have ever made thanks to Dr. Ruban and his staff. I would highly recommend this entire office to anyone in need a professional Dr. and staff in the field of neurosurgery. Thru the entire process I was treated with the best care anyone could hope for and they saw to it that my wife was kept informed as well. Truly a wonderful group of people. Thanks for opportunity to review these people and I hope others find this helpful.

October 14th, 2013
Highly Recommend
I highly recommend Dr. Ruban. He performed spinal surgery on me and it was very successful. He explained everything to me very thoroughly. His staff was excellent. Dr. Ruban and his staff had wonderful bedside manner. I was in extreme pain when I was recommended to Dr. Ruban and after the surgery I was pain free.

August 8th, 2013
Would highly recommend....
I had a herniated disc and had been in a lot of pain for several months. Dr. Ruban showed me the MRI and explained the picture I was looking at in words I could understand. He answered my questions and was able to schedule my surgery in 3 weeks. After the visit I was getting worse by the day and Dr Ruban re-scheduled the surgery a week sooner. I had out patient surgery at Rush Copley (great hospital) in around 7am out by 3pm...minimally invasive surgery...back to work in 2 weeks. All around great experience and great people in Dr. Ruban's office. All caring and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Ruban, his staff and Rush Copley to anyone. I am pain free for the first time in months thanks to him.

May 21st, 2013
If you need surgery GO SEE Dr Ruban !!! This is a great team !!
I herniated and tore a disc in my lower back. The pain was to the point of passing out. I literally couldn’t walk. I had about 90 seconds of walking time before I had to lay down. Dr. Ruban gave me three options for treatment. I thought I could do the lesser without surgery, boy was I wrong. His diagnosis was right on the money. The surgery went perfect and I was able to walk out of the hospital pain free. I thank God and Dr Ruban for wonderful work. He is very factual and good bedside manner. His nurse practioner Lauren is OUTSTANDING !!! This is a great team. I highly recommend this team !! Thank you Dr Ruban and Lauren. Thank you very much !!!!

April 19th, 2013
Best In Neurosurgery
Dr. Ruban gave me my life back after years of terrible pain and burning in my lower back. Surgery was minimum with only a one and one half inch cut and I was home and walking about in a few hours. He was very very thorough and easy to talk with about my procedure and everything went exactly as he told me. Thanks again Dr. Ruban!!!

February 23rd, 2013
I would 100% recommend Dr. Ruban and the practice for any neurological procedure you may need done. Dr. Ruban as well as the staff once you get past the front desk were wonderful, polite, and answered all of my questions. Everything was handled in a timely manner and I could not have asked for better care. Please do not be put off by the two women at the front desk. They are not the most helpful and do need to work on their customer service; but once you make it into the office it is worth dealing with them. They are not a good representation of the service that Dr. Ruban provided.

November 16th, 2012
Amazing!!
Very caring and knowledgeable doctor! Took his time to answer every question and did was NOT pushy at all!! I have met doctors that would push you into surgeries, meds, etc... you won't find him doing this!! A+ service! Highly recommend this neurosurgeon!

October 3rd, 2012
As a healthcare professional, I visited other surgeons, both orthopedic and neuro.I wanted skill and good outcomes.Working in the industry, you hear who really is THE one to go to.I spoke with physical therapists who see patients after surgery and they gave high scores for great outcomes for Dr Ruban.I was fortunate to also speak to others who had lumbar surgery and hear feedback.Six weeks out and I am doing great. No more pain and my mobility is 100%. There really is no other choice but Dr. Ruban and his outstanding staff!!

July 27th, 2012
Highest of recommendation
I was recommended to Dr. Ruban one day and had an appointment the next day. The receptionist was my first clue that I would experience a professional and very caring team. I simply can not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Ruban, Lauren, and the entire staff. Dr. Ruban listened and spent as much time as my husband and I wanted, to discuss all options of care. The surgery was successful as was the recovery. The after care has been wonderful. If you are looking for a skilled, genuinely caring doctor, assistant and staff your search can end here.