Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner, Internist

1.5

Nothing about this visit was okay. show details Nothing about this visit was okay.
Nov 30th, 2015

First strike: The doctor's office is supposed to open at 9. I called at 9, no one was there. Same with 5 minutes later, and 5 minutes after that. Second strike: when I finally did reach someone to make an appointment, the receptionist warned me that my copay is cash only. Wtf. Third strike: I can't even begin to describe how unkempt it is. There are stacks upon stacks of paper in no conceivable order. Patient information is laid open on the desk. There's what appears to be storage boxes outside of the exam room that have stains on them from water damage. The places does not remotely smell like a clinic. There is no sink or hand sanitizer in the exam room. Strike 3: I came in with a wound/ probable infection in my foot. and he asked about allergies. When I told him penicillin, he argued with me and told me that penicillin allergies are uncommon and that penicillin is in most every antibiotic. He suggested that I was not allergic to PCN, and that "we should see." I called my mother (who, in addition to being a nurse, was there to see me break out in really severe hives) while sitting in front of him. He got sort of huffy and then wrote me a prescription for what I thought was a safe medication. Strike Four: Dr. Khong cleaned my foot wound and changed the bandage without wearing gloves. He got the iodine and bandages out of an overfilled drawer that had random prescription bottles, dreams, and old papers in it. Strikes 5, 6, and 7: When I got to the pharmacy, I waited about an hour, when the estimated wait time was about 15 minutes. At the hour mark, I went up to check on the status of my prescription, and the pharmacist said that he'd placed a call to Dr. Khong, who had yet to call him back. The pharmacist confirmed that I was allergic to penicillin, then asked me if my doctor knew that. I told him about Khong arguing with me, and he was as incredulous as his professional demeanor would convey. The pharmacist called again and Khong picked up. The pharmacist literally said "she is allergic to penicillin and you prescribed her Keflex." I couldn't hear the other side of the conversation, but the pharmacist was telling Dr. Khong that he was uncomfortable filling the prescription because of the risk of adverse reaction. The pharmacist was able to talk the doctor into an antibiotic containing sulfa instead. I cried at the counter. While not *technically* penicillin, the drug he prescribed to me has a much higher risk of cross reaction in patients that are allergic to penicillin. It should not have been given to me outside of a medical setting, where I could be monitored. This was the worst experience I've had at the doctor, ever. I'm changing PCPs immediately.

by David Phan on Jun 5th, 2014

I had seen him for over 10 years. He got me sick, I had eye infection, he said the hair went into my eye when i slept. and i got my blood tested and the test showed that i had prediabete, the test result came to him, he never called me, about 2,3 months later when i went see him for another problem, then he told me about the test, he said it was normal to the old people, so that i didn't take it seriously, after 2 years my prediabete got worse, i went to kaiser then realized that soon i would get diabetic. I don't know what to say bout him, all i can say is He got me sick.

Jul 13th, 2012

he is not good ,i have been gone to to him for 16 years but been the last 5years i keep complaining the same pain but he did not know what wrong ,so last visit i requested for gallstone test he kind of smiled at me , then he sent me for test as my request then when the result came and said that i have gallstone and need surgery ,i was so mad at him what kind of dr is that ?never go back again i got surgery already , pls do not send your family there ever bad and bad dr khong doan