Dr. Domenick Braccia Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Domenick Braccia?

Depression

Depression

Get the facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition and related conditions.

Have you seen Dr. Domenick Braccia?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 20th, 2017

So wonderful! Wish we had found him sooner!

Dr. Braccia and his staff are WONDERFUL! They are kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, organized and very professional. Dr. Braccia is up to date on Lyme and the co-infections and helped my young son (PANS/Babesia duncani) get on the road to recovery. He has a great bedside manner and his staff were so fantastic with my kiddo who was extremely anxious about getting his blood drawn. Excellent all around!!

February 11th, 2016

Dr Braccia cured my Bartonella that others would not even diagnose!

It took more than a month for an appointment, but Dr. Braccia gave me a long interview and ordered many essential tests to determine cause of my serious, debilitating joint pain and increasing immobility. It took too long to get results, however, and disease continued to progress while I waited another month and a half for the follow up appointment at which I met with the PA, Dr. Ken Baird, who was great and knowledgeable, as well as with Dr. Braccia. Tests clearly showed Bartonella, a tick disease, and traces of other disease active and past which informed their treatment recommendations. They have an infusion center, but don't push that as a first line of treatment. It's more for convenience and to maintain standard of care. They also own a small compounding pharmacy in the same small business complex, with very reasonable prices, to get the specialized items -- some antibiotics, some supplements -- which they recommend. (I have NEVER been given recommendation to take potassium and probiotics along with aggressive antibiotics, to mitigate nutritional interference and common gut distress they cause. Despite 3 months on 3 types of simultaneous antibiotics to knock out my now-embedded disease with a powerful swipe (if too weak, the disease just burrows deeper and becomes more untreatable), I never suffered from diarrhea or fatigue, as has been the case with far lesser doses for other issues over the years. Keeping me as healthy as possible through the treatment, they believe, adds to its effectiveness. IV antibiotics are a more dramatic alternative they offer for people with even more advanced, or more entrenched disease. It's been two years since I was cured and I went from walking like Frankenstein monster, with a cane, and great difficulty doing steps, along with other issues like fatigue to feeling perfectly energized and well. Yoga and stretching help loosen up the long-stiffened muscles and I walk and run up and down steps freely now. Four other doctors I saw prior to Dr. Braccia were dismissive, condescending, and annoyed I had read anything at all about what might be causing my serious and seemingly sudden problems. I've learned that doctors who are threatened by an informed patient are not very good. Dr. Braccia and Dr. Baird both welcome questions and inquiring minds. They are also prepared to deal with other health issues as they have a great understanding of functional medicine. I had to pay cash, they do not take insurance. (I can understand that it would be a costly battle for them to get what they do covered, although it could save insurance companies a fortune over time.) I submitted for reimbursement on my own and Blue Cross covered most of the cost. Wife runs front office; she is business-like and not chatty and some, I think, interpret this as cold. She's more brusk and focused and friendlier after all patients have been seen and things settle down at this very busy practice. No one, once you finally get an appointment, will feel rushed. A short distance off 495 in Harleysville -- an hour from center city Philadelphia, in strip shopping center. Restaurants and a good grocery store are nearby. Only complaint is the delay from when they had blood results that showed I had active disease to appointment to begin treatment was far too long. (Even the doctor was surprised about delay, but he may not know how in demand he is because mainstream doctors are too busy denying that tick-disease exists at all.) He has pro-actively sought training to be an absolute expert in this neglected field.

December 17th, 2015

Dr. Braccia is a caring and concerned Dr. He takes time with each patient to listen to what is going on. Very important for Lyme patients.

February 15th, 2015

Dr. Braccia

My son was treated by Dr. B. He was a godsend to us.It has been 3 years since his PICC line treatment and Tyler is as if he never had Lyme disease. Dr. B , his wife and his staff were very accommodating, kind and knowledgable. I refer friends and acquaintances fighting Lyme disease all the time. Yes it costs a lot but I blame the insurance companies because they won't recognize Lyme disease...not Dr. Braccia!

November 10th, 2014

wondering

wondering how he would treat someone with a previous drug/alcohal problem who has chronic pain?

May 3rd, 2012

wait is terrible

September 23rd, 2011

Knowledgable,listens and treats effectively!

Great Dr who listens and treats the whole person with an understanding of the complex adrenals, hormones, and immune malfunctions.

July 6th, 2010

great doctor for Lyme's

Overall I would rate Dr Braccia has the perons who got me on the right track on curing my Lyme disease Many times, I didnt want to keep going, but I felt supported. You have to be committed to coanquer Lyme's, but you also need a physician committed.

December 3rd, 2009

Strong

knowledgeable MD. Dr. Braccia has taken every measure to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment of my condition.

August 2nd, 2017