Overall Review

3.9

August 26th, 2016
Horrendous and impersonal staff
I have high regard for Dr. McFadden. He takes the time to listen and explain. However it is very difficult to get appointment in the near future. Twice I have gotten appointments over two weeks into the future. He doesn't work Fridays which also sucks. If you are in great need, you will likely see another doctor in the facility.

April 20th, 2015
one of the best,caring and informative professionals i have had in mt 83 years

December 6th, 2014
Dr. McFadden
Dr. McFadden is the best. He is always caring and very concerned. I recently had an eye issue that continued for a long time. He immediately got me into a specialist, Dr Clark. Another caring doctor who fixed my problem of many years. You will never find a better dr that Dr. McFadden!

October 1st, 2013
Dr McFadden is a very caring and focused doctor. I've been seeing him for aprox 10 years and feel he has directed myself and other family members on the Healthy path. Only trouble is that it is hard to get an appointment with him at times.

July 22nd, 2013
mom
Staff seems distracted and not interested in patient or problems. Dr. McFaden talked a lot but didn't say much. After going to another doctor we found his diagnosis to be wrong.

December 1st, 2012
Registered Nurse rates MD and his practice.
As a RN I am very particular about the quality of the healthcare I receive. As an Advanced Practice Nurse (MSN), as well as a nursing instructor at the university level, and a clinical research scientist for a pharmaceutical company, I tend to scrutinize all aspects of the healthcare I receive not only from my physician but also from his/her entire staff. I expect to receive the same degree of excellence in the medical care I receive as that which I provide to patients as a RN. And because I set my own professional standards for patient care, as well as the professional standards of the student nurses for whom I am responsible exceedingly high, I feel that the physicians I choose should do the same for both myself and my family. After working directly with and/or observing physicians for close to half a century, both in the hospital setting as well as in their offices, it was obvious which traits I found to be most important in choosing a family physician. And that is why I chose Dr. Dominic McFadden and the other physicians and staff of Blue Bell Family Practice to provide me with excellent healthcare.Not only are the physicians "patient centered" but they go out of their way to find answers to patient's questions that many other physicians I have known will simply ignore rather than take the time to educate themselves and their patients.Dr. McFadden and the other Blue Bell Family Practice physicians are well read in terms of the latest research and never hesitate to take the time to inform, to discuss, and to teach the patient about how these findings can impact the patient's specific conditions of health and wellness. No matter what the issue the physicians take the time that the patient needs for each specific situation either initiated by the physician or by the patients themselves.Because humans are much more than merely physical beings, patient care involves much more than a singular focus on physical care alone. The physicians at Blue Bell Family Practice understand this and practice Total Patient Care on a consistent basis addressing all aspects of the total patient. Not only do the physicians achieve this high degree of excellence in all aspects of patient care but the staff is highly professional as well while maintaining a friendly atmosphere. When interacting with the staff it is always obvious that the patient is considered to be the center of all activities. As a nursing instructor I know the scope of practice of each person on the healthcare team. Yet I was very pleasantly surprised and highly appreciative that when taking my vital signs the Medical Assistant at Blue Bell Family Practice was knowledgeable enough to observe a change, not only in my heart rate but also in my skin color, and to understand it's possible meaning. She immediately tested the oxygen content of my blood with the "pulse oximeter" in order to have the information that the physician would require readily available as soon as he entered the room, thus enabling him to make an immediate diagnosis and expedite my care. Because of her astute observation, assessment, and action taken, which ordinarily would not be expected of a Medical Assistant, my care was able to be expedited rather than waiting for the physician to enter the exam room and only then order the pulse oximetry evaluation which ultimately resulted in my admission to the hospital. These are but a few of the reasons that Dr. McFadden and the Blue Bell Family Practice group, in my professional opinion, rises above most other healthcare providers in excellence of healthcare as well as going above and beyond what would be expected of them in everyday practice.

January 23rd, 2012
Conrad's visit
Dr. McFadden has a friendly, professional manner. My white coat B/P has disappeared beacause of his manner. His understanding of me is a valued asset. I am an old timer and remember when I could not ask my doctor a question without getting reprimanded. I have recommended Dr. McFadden to people and they are also extremely happy with him.

June 26th, 2009
Not worth
So difficult to get appointment and after all the waiting the doctor spends less than 10 minutes....