Dr. Dominique Engel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dominique Engel?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 23rd, 2014

GET A SECOND OPINION!

I saw Dr. Engle back in 2007 for cervical compression. She was recommended to me by a renowned rheumatologist. She did a thorough examination along with a second MRI and a number of other tests. I found her to be extremely kind and attentive. Her recommendations were cervical laminectomy as well as a brain stem (foraminal) release. To make a long story short, I continued to have postoperative pain, so she prescribed highly addictive pain meds and I ended up in a drug treatment program. In my opinion, I do not believe she was well educated on the dangers of prescribing continued use of these kinds of drugs nor was I informed or warned when I left the hospital. In 2008, I sought care from a pain specialist who ordered a postoperative MRI and recommended me to a spine center for a consultative evaluation. After receiving some "standing" X-Rays, I was diagnosed with having a postoperative kyphosis. It was their professional opinion that I was not followed properly and the laminectomy had "failed." I tried many conservative alternatives before electing to have corrective surgery at the end of 2009. I had two extensive procedures in two days and ended up with total fusions from C2 to T1. To this day, I have many restrictions and highly limited disability. I'm no longer on highly addictive narcotics, but I cannot go a day without the maximum use of over-the-counter pain meds. I wished I had thought it through before undergoing surgery in the beginning. I would not recommend Dr. Engle as a surgeon and most definitely urge a second opinion before going into any type of spinal surgery.

February 14th, 2014

Dr. Engel saved my life and those of many of my friends. She does not consider labels you may have been slapped with but looks at your whole person and records before diagnosis. She is one of the most kind and brilliant people I have been associated with. I have no reservations about putting any of my family members in her hands again if they should need the specialized brain and back surgery I required.

July 26th, 2012

a very perceptive individual--the kind that understands & cares.

June 3rd, 2012

Wonderful personality. Very caring and concerned about my well being. Pain gone!

May 25th, 2011

Dr Engel is a very kind compassionate Doctor. Never had I had a Doctor listen to me the way she has. Very detailed exams, questions, answers. The only draw back is after the last appt with her I was unable in be in contact with her again. No return calls, letters etc

March 27th, 2011

successsful surgery

have never used a wheel chair since this wonderful and caring dr. operated on my back four years ago! thank you dr.engel!

August 19th, 2010

WARNING - DO NOT go to Dominique G Engel

I wish someone told me not to go to Dominique Engel. This doctor botched my back surgery and caused me to have an addition surgery (which I chose a different surgeon to fix the problem) one year later. She caused a Pseudomeningocele complication. I suffered in pain and loss of mobility for one year. She gave no follow up care. I only saw her nurse for follow up appointments. She is very incompetent. She lied to me when she told me the surgery would be minimally invasive surgery. I had a lumbar laminectomy/discectomy; which is major surgery.

August 4th, 2017