Dr. Don Buford MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Dallas, TX

September 19th, 2016
review
I felt as if my problems and I were important. Dr Buford has all the things you want your doctor to have: good bedside manner , time for you, and he put you at ease. I would gladly recommend him;

June 21st, 2012
Horrible Doctor
First off, if you EVER get a hold of someone there, you will finally be able to make an appointment. Here's what will happen: You will go in, the doctor will breeze in and breeze out, he will pretend he knows what he is doing, and tell you nothing it wrong, here's some shots. Later you'll have an MRI done because your pain is still there. HE WILL WRITE THAT THERE IS NOTHING remarkable on the MRI results. I kid you not. You will look at the MRI and see a GIGANTIC UNMISSABLE LESION. You will ask... what on EARTH makes you believe there is nothing on this MRI>!??! He will pretend he didnt see it, go over the results with you, realize he was wrong and send out for a second report which will be two pages long and remark on the lesion. He is an idiot. He will do anything to get out of diagnosing you. Then, when multiple other doctors order you a scope, he will say "Find another doctor" - and you will want to, if he misses a GIGANTIC LESION, what else is he missing? Answer: Everything. Now, lets talk about his INSANELY incompetent staff. They will call you, your phone will lose reception and they won't call you back. You'll leave messages for them, and they still wont call you. A week later you go in, they say "I called you about going to a Rhuematologist" and you go.. um.. no you didnt, I even left you a return call, so your TREATMENT is put off YET ANOTHER two weeks. People AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. The only time they will ever get you copies of anything will be if you GO INTO THE OFFICE and stand there menacingly.STAY FAR AWAY FROM DR BUFORD AND HIS INCOMPETENT STAFF. That is my advice. Take it for what it is, these are just FACTS. Make your own choice, but when dealing with your health I recommend you not go here.
Doctor's Response

This patient had several other "issues" as you can probably surmise from the incredibly unusual negative experience she relates. With 15 years in practice, seeing thousands of patients, I have strived to treat everyone with respect and care as I think most of my reviews and my staff reviews indicate. I am disappointed that her experience was so negative but I am glad that she apparently found a clinician who she felt she had a connection with. DB

April 13th, 2011
great doctor

April 22nd, 2008
Complex Shoulder Repair with excellent result
Best skills and best bedside manner I can imagine! He also gave me a DVD of my surgery with him explaining what he was doing as he went.