Orthopedic Surgery: Shoulder/Knee

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Jul 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great first visit with Dr. Buford.

Jun 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I was very impressed with Dr. Buford. He was very informative about what would take place before, during and after the procedure. I didn't feel rushed or pressured. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends or family.

Jun 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Excellent physician…very thorough and professional. Felt that my condition was addressed very adequately.

Jun 7th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford and staff were very helpful as well as friendly and professional with answering my questions about my injury. I am a returning patient who has recommended family and friends to go to Dr. Buford for injuries like mine.

Jun 7th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great service

May 21st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Buford is an all around professional. I came to see him after having seen another orthopedic. He did not speak in any way negative about the other physician. He took the time to explain my options and did not jump right to surgery! Thumbs up!

May 7th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Not only will I recommend Dr. Buford to someone else, I am getting my Mom to schedule an appoiment with him. i have also recommended him to a coworker as well. Very detailed oriented and answered all my questions.

May 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

We were very pleased with the visit. He explained my son's condition in detail and the plan. We did not feel rushed and he took the time to answer all of our questions. He was awesome.

May 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

My Visit with Dr Buford is always great comes in take care of business and will know results before you leave his office not to much time wasted and very professional the office always clean and in order and staff is awesome as well

Apr 30th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford answers all my questions. I would recommend him to do shoulder surgery.

Apr 30th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

The wait time was the only issue.

Apr 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

excellent surgeon.....ill be back to see him!

Apr 22nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford and his staff was very knowledge, courteous, efficient and very much on time. I would highly recommend him to my family, friends or client.

Apr 22nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Buford and his staff are all incredible. I do not believe you could find a better group of people if you need to have surgery.

Apr 21st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

DR BUFORD IS THE BEST AND MEDICALLY GOT ME BACK TO NORMA AND READY TO GO HE HAS MY TOP RECOMMENDATION

Apr 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I was very surprised at how Dr. Buford explains everything in detail about what procedure would be used in my surgery. He was informative and put me at ease about my surgery and my rehab. Would definitely recommend this man as being very knowledgeable.

Apr 2nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Good first impression! Great staff

Apr 2nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very interested in my case and tried to keep me informed of new procedures and what I could expect if I did have surgery. I think this doctor had my interest at hear.

Mar 30th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford's manner and approach is both friendly and consultative...taking his time to ensure I felt informed and comfortable with every option in front of me, as well as secure in my decision of treatment.

Mar 25th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

It was very good informative visit, Dr. Buford and his assistant were great

Mar 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Could not have been treated better. Everything was perfect.

Mar 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

It's obvious Dr. Buford is knowledgeable and tops in his field. I just hope he doesn't rush through the procedure as quickly as the decision was made to advise it should be done. Almost made it feel like a production line.

Mar 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

excellent service

Mar 7th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great doctor great team! I'm so grateful for all they did, thank you so much

Feb 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Both my wife and I had recent rotator cuff procedures with Dr. Buford. We could not be more pleased with the procedure, facility, follow up during our PT rehab and monitoring of outcome in both our cases. Highly recommend. Great doc and a great staff.

Feb 19th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Don Buford and his wonderfull staff are very friendly. They are on top of any chart of medical staff. I have recommended friends and family to Dr. Buford over the years and will continue to do so. His work is outstanding and goes above and beyond.

Feb 19th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Appreciated how the doctor handled my situation and the short time to make the diagnosis

Feb 19th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I was very nervous about going and seeing any surgeon. Dr Buford was WONDERFUL he explained everything I expected to get a 2nd opinion but after meeting Dr Buford I did not see any reason to schedule a appointment with another surgeon.

Feb 12th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I was super impressed with how caring everyone was. I was so much more comfortable there than at any other doctors office. And also impressed that they have all the machinery in house so I didn't have to go any where else.

Feb 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford was outstanding gave me all the details of what was wrong with my knee, felt confident that he'll be the right Dr to perform the surgery on my knee.

Jan 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

The doctor clearly explained my condition. I have never had a surgery before and he answered all my questions and concerns about the procedure and recovery

Jan 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford had fixed one area of my body before. All is well with it so we decided to use his skill again when another injury occurred.

Dec 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My visit with Dr. Buford was informative and concise. I will definitely recommend him to others.

Dec 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford is outstanding. I was a first time patient. His demeanor upon entering your medical room puts you at ease with a greeting as if he knew you from previous visits. The staff from the reception room throughout your visit is extremely professional.

Dec 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford was on time and answered all my questions. I am comfortable letting him do my surgery. He was highly recommended to me by my former doctor in Houston.

Dec 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford and staff were very professional, organized, and goal oriented.Quick and efficient! Great experience for first visit.

Dec 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This a well organized and effecient office operation. Dr Buford's team knew exactly what xray & such needed to be performed prior to him being needed in the room. Fast, professional & proficient. I have a shoulder issue and this is one of his specialties

Nov 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very impressed with Dr. Buford. His professionalism, and the results of his work on my shoulders give me a new lease on life. I feel like a new man. I would highly recommend him and his staff to everyone I know.

Nov 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Was told I would be called with results same day or day following appt. never heard back.

Nov 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Straight talker, friendly demeanor.

Nov 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great initial visit. Very efficient and thorough. The staff was friendly and informative. My knee was properly diagnosed and the appropriate treatment recommended! I feel so much better just knowing what my injury truly is.

Nov 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

His scheduling is great and he is a wonderful doctor! The staff is also exceptional!

Oct 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Was a great experience. Will definitely recommend others based on my experience. Thank you

Oct 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My appointment was scheduled the day following contact with Dr Buford’s staff. All patient forms available online for completion. Dr Buford was very thorough in assessing my shoulder problem, and explaining the condition and repair procedure.

Oct 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My concern was addressed and a plan was formulated to resolve the problem.

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford is always very attentive to my needs and takes the time to address all my concerns. I never feel rushed with him. The only suggestion I would have is to have the doors to the exam rooms closed during the consultation. Would recommend.

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As I have said before Dr Buford and his team are in a class of their own-great overall experience. Mac Brand

Sep 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have had multiple surgeries from different doctors and Dr. Buford is by far the best doctor that I have ever had! He was very thorough in explaining my knee problem to me in full detail. I was also very impressed with Dr. Buford's support staff.

Sep 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford was very knowledgeable and explained everything in great detail. I am confident he will do a good job repairing the problem in my shoulder.

Sep 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I am happy with Dr Buford's thorough analysis of my medical situation. He very patiently explained my options. I highly recommend him.

Sep 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford and his staff work cohesively to provide the best care from a quick check-in process to x-rays or MRI on-site. I feel confident in his diagnosis and care recommendations. I would refer Dr. Buford to anyone and everyone.

Aug 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I strongly recommend Dr. Buford. Scheduling an appointment online or over the phone is easy. I've never had to wait very long. His office staff is very helpful and friendly. I drive the extra miles just to go to Dr. Buford.

Aug 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I am always amazed at how prompt they get us checked in and back to an examining room. The whole staff are just great.

Aug 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford listened well, made sure we addressed my injury in a deliberate and conservative manner and told me what to expect over the next couple of weeks. He explained possible outcomes to the current treatment and the impact of those outcomes.

Aug 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The only hick-cup was picking up the prescription. It seems 9 times out of 10 when a prescription is called in there is a problem (all physicians). In this case a phone call to his office and the problem was solved. Terrific people.

Jul 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great experience. I would go back for additional treatment.

Jul 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

parkland

Jul 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford and his staff is awesome! The customer service they provide is top notch. It matters to feel warm and welcomed when you walk into a physician's office, you never know what someone is going through. I love the atmosphere at Dr. Buford's office

Jul 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great experience! Very knowledgeable, express a genuine concern for the best treatment for my particular situation. I am very pleased with my experience. Highly recommend Dr. Buford and staff :)

Jul 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Buford and his team work very well together. Nice, engaging people as well.

Jul 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

1st time there @ doctor DB office and must say it went very well & service good so on my next visit I hope to see the same

Jul 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great experience. Explained all of my options very well. I wish I could use him for all medical needs.

Jul 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great Doctor, and a wonderful appointment experience. All of his staff is very friendly and nice.

Jun 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford was awesome. He always explains everything in a way that one can understand. He is very patient. Thanks for all your help and for being concern

Jun 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford was very thorough while also getting me in and out quickly.

May 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford is a knowledgeable, caring doctor. I never doubt that my welfare is of importance to him. We have all crossed paths with doctors who are, shall I say, less than humble. That is not Dr. Buford. He's the real deal!

May 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford is very busy, and doesn't spend a ton of time talking with you. But, if you have your list of specific questions handy, he will answer them for you. His electronic scheduling system is great with the reminders and sending receipts.

May 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford was great atmaking me understand what was going on with my knee. Great doctor.

May 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent service and doctor highly recommend dr Buford

May 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford is very competent and very professional. He is a pleasure to have as a doctor!

May 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford and his staff is phenomenal! They made me feel welcome and very comfortable.The staff customer service skills are AWESOME! I am not happy about having surgery after visiting with Dr. Burford and his staff I know I am in great hands! Kim R.

Apr 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Fast and efficient, but more importantly, very concerned with what I had to say and answering all my questions. Dr. Buford and his entire staff are top notch. I had a shoulder repaired two years ago and evrything came out perfect. Highly reccomended.

Apr 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very, very good. Seems a little rushed toward the end.

Apr 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

THE DISTANCE IS QUITE FROM WHERE I LIVE AND ON MY LAST TWO VISITS THE ATMOSPHERE HAS BEEN VERY COLD COMPARED TO WHEN I FIRST STARTED BEING A PATIENT. I DID RECEIVE THE TREATMENTS THAT I REQUESTED, HOWEVER THE OUTCOME OF MY SURGERY IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.

Apr 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It was great to get everything taken care of in one day since I live two hours away. I was so relieved to finally have answers!

Apr 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As indicated with my ratings above I am extremely with Dr Buford's professionalism and my surgery results. I would not hesitate to use his services again if a need ever occurs again and would gladly recommend to any friends or family who could benefit

Very , very satisfied

Mar 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford has been a good communicator so far and has spared me unnecessary expenses. He held off ordering an MRI till we can determine if one is indicated. I appreciate that.

Mar 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have recommended Dr. Buford to friends who have problems similar to mine. He has a quiet reassuring demeanor coupled with an unquestionable mastery of his field.

Mar 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Just amazed at how their office keeps such a tight schedule. Very pleasant experience overall.

Mar 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have had 3 surgeries performed by Dr. Buford. I would see him for everything if he would let me. All surgeries went great with no problems.

Mar 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Buford and his team are at the top of their game. They're great listeners, they work well together and Dr Buford is just a great man first, as well as an accomplished and skilled professional. I have tremendous confidence in him.

Mar 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have every confidence in Dr Buford and his staff. If you have questions or concerns Dr. Buford is able to answer your every question and can refer you to other great physicians in the DFW area.

Feb 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Buford is a terrific Doctor. his communication skills are excellent, He listen and ask questions. He explain everything clearly. He exams, x-ray and may request an MRI . He loves his job and doesn't waste time. This is the Doctor for me

Feb 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr don Buford seems to be a real good doctor I like talking to him.

Feb 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everything was great but scheduling an appointment was difficult.

Feb 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford and his staff are excellent. Very professional, they do great work, and make you feel at ease. I am walking again, Very Happy. Wonderful Experience. Thank You Dr. Buford.

Feb 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It has taken me over 6 mos. to recover from(half-knee)surgery. At 5 wks, I visited Dr. because I was having alot pain in the knee and therapy felt excess swelling He said wait 3 mo. In Dec he removed 2 pcs glue.Undue Pain was suffered . Knee still sore

Jan 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have had 5 operations of various types and Dr. Buford and his staff are the best surgeon and staff I have worked with.

Jan 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford is a very knowledgeable yet caring physician. I feel fortunate to have had him recommended.

Jan 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

A very enjoyable experience. Staff friendly. Thorough exam and explanation, and ease of scheduling the surgical procedure. Will definitely recommend to others.

Jan 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Love Dr. Buford and everyone at his office. Dr. Buford repaired both of my shoulders, (torn rotator cuff), the first eight years ago, the second, three months ago, both with great results. I have recommended Dr. Buford to family and many friends!

Jan 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent Doctor also the nurse was just as great!

Jan 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Buford is the best! Recommend him to all my friends!

Jan 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great guy very thurough in his exam and explained very well.

Horrible Doctor show details Horrible Doctor
Jun 21st, 2012

First off, if you EVER get a hold of someone there, you will finally be able to make an appointment. Here's what will happen: You will go in, the doctor will breeze in and breeze out, he will pretend he knows what he is doing, and tell you nothing it wrong, here's some shots. Later you'll have an MRI done because your pain is still there. HE WILL WRITE THAT THERE IS NOTHING remarkable on the MRI results. I kid you not. You will look at the MRI and see a GIGANTIC UNMISSABLE LESION. You will ask... what on EARTH makes you believe there is nothing on this MRI>!??! He will pretend he didnt see it, go over the results with you, realize he was wrong and send out for a second report which will be two pages long and remark on the lesion. He is an idiot. He will do anything to get out of diagnosing you. Then, when multiple other doctors order you a scope, he will say "Find another doctor" - and you will want to, if he misses a GIGANTIC LESION, what else is he missing? Answer: Everything. Now, lets talk about his INSANELY incompetent staff. They will call you, your phone will lose reception and they won't call you back. You'll leave messages for them, and they still wont call you. A week later you go in, they say "I called you about going to a Rhuematologist" and you go.. um.. no you didnt, I even left you a return call, so your TREATMENT is put off YET ANOTHER two weeks. People AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. The only time they will ever get you copies of anything will be if you GO INTO THE OFFICE and stand there menacingly.STAY FAR AWAY FROM DR BUFORD AND HIS INCOMPETENT STAFF. That is my advice. Take it for what it is, these are just FACTS. Make your own choice, but when dealing with your health I recommend you not go here.

Doctor's Response

This patient had several other "issues" as you can probably surmise from the incredibly unusual negative experience she relates. With 15 years in practice, seeing thousands of patients, I have strived to treat everyone with respect and care as I think most of my reviews and my staff reviews indicate. I am disappointed that her experience was so negative but I am glad that she apparently found a clinician who she felt she had a connection with. DB

Apr 13th, 2011

great doctor

Complex Shoulder Repair with excellent result show details Complex Shoulder Repair with excellent result
Apr 22nd, 2008

Best skills and best bedside manner I can imagine! He also gave me a DVD of my surgery with him explaining what he was doing as he went.